You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Oma's Denial Of A House Guest 2, (my Dad's Radio?)

Real Ghost Stories

Oma's Denial Of A House Guest 2, (my Dad's Radio?)

 

In a story I posted a few years ago, namely,"Oma's Denial Of A House Guest", (https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=23467). I detailed odd sounds and the somewhat regular appearance of a shadow man in my mother's house. At the end of the account I finished, saying that the new owner has not reported any odd occurrences since moving in.

This has changed.

The person who bought my mother's house has now lived there for about thirteen and a half years. My sister lives next door and while she is not close with the owner they do chat from time to time, if they happen to be outside simultaneously.

Last March he saw my sister outside and made an effort to see her before she got into her car to ask her a question. He asked her if my dad (deceased in 1991) used to have a radio in the basement. She answered that he did. He then told her that, although he does not have a radio in the basement he sometimes hears a radio playing there. The program is usually old music such as Elvis Presley and the like.

I interrupted my sister and told her that dad would not really have listened to that as he did not care for Elvis or any music of that type (sorry to Elvis fans). She agreed but said that there is more.

He also told her that he listened to the phantom radio on another occasion and heard what seemed to be a live broadcast of the first moon walk. My dad would have listened to that with great interest but I remember he was at work when that occurred (but my mother was instructed by him to keep me and my older brother awake for it). Beside that, we lived one hundred miles away at that time, in Toronto.

He says that he heard the moon walk broadcast clearly but that he could not pinpoint where the radio sound was coming from other than that it was downstairs. He did not know that, although the radio set used to sit on a shelf above the work bench, the speaker was remotely mounted in the rafters causing the sound to be diffused over a much wider area.

My father actually did not use this radio much as he had a far better stereo system in the living room that he preferred to listen to. The old radio downstairs got more play time by me and my older brother as it was also a short wave set and we loved listening to European broadcasts as well as programs we could not even identify the language of, for the shear novelty of it.

So... Is this my father, returning to listen to old radio programs, for reasons of what he would have done in life it seems unlikely he would have done these things afterwards. There is no real way of knowing but there is certainly something going on over there.

I do not know if it is still occurring but I will ask the fellow sometime when such social liberties are once more the norm.

Other hauntings by Kindly_refrain

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kindly_refrain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-01-14)
Hi Tweed, it has been a while since last we spoke.
I did not know about the information disc but as you said it may be far out (pun intended).
It is confusing as to the identity of the spirit. Although we assumed that the noises in the basement, while my mother still lived, were perhaps my father's spirit it was stumping as to why he would do this and make my mother afraid. So... Perhaps it was him or... Maybe not and the latest happenings may also not be him but another spirit altogether.
It is difficult enough to understand strange noises, the moving of objects and ghostly appearances but how are radio programs harnessed or recreated for playback, without using any mechanisms?
These feats of "technology" are beyond me in a mechanistic as well as a spiritual sense.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-14)
Hi Kindly, gee the details of this only confuse matters, I'm stumped lol.

Maybe a far fetched theory but perhaps a random ghost wants an update on modern space exploration and is dropping hints with the moon landing.

And if that doesn't sound like clutching at straws this will...

Elvis and the moon landing have only one thing in common that I can think of. It's a disc which contains random iconic information about Earth which was blasted into outer space a few years back. Some Astro physicists theorised if anyone's out there they'll find this disc and, based on some universal physics, be able to play or extract the information.

That's honestly the only cultural connection I can make between Elvis and the moon landing. Other than that I'd go with residual but that seems unlikely given the details of your family's habits. So I'm back at the beginning only more stumped than before.

Thanks for sharing the confusing experiences are all the more interesting!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-01-11)
Kindly_Refrain

Wow mate at this part of your reply:

"One day a child of a visitor started speaking to unseen persons to her left and right while sitting in the middle of the couch. When asked who she was talking to she said it was the man and lady. My sister showed her the most recent picture of my parents and the girl said, "that's them, but their not that old". When she was shown a picture of my parents on their wedding day she said that is what they look like".

The first time I saw my father after he passed away K_R, I was around 35 years old, it looked like him, however his face was thin of which gave me some doubt until my mother showed me a picture of their wedding day and that confirmed it was good old pa, he was around 20 when he was married and about 11 stone ringing wet. This apparition of him outside, was him as a young man.

When he died he was around 17 stone looked much older and face was basically more round liked shaped due to being over weight plus mom never kept her wedding photo's out on display, so it was kind of neat seeing that picture to validate who it was exactly.

Yes,my mother hugged me and spoke with me, however on another occasion when I seen her walking around outside she looked about 40. She visited me just about every year after that around about the same time with different types of validations.

What I have since come to research and learn via other mediums and research. We have the ability in the afterlife to look as young or as old as we like, usually we pick the age we look at prime of our life. I do remember reading somewhere, only those who have crossed over into the spiritual realm, have the ability to reappear younger as those who don't cross because of unfinished business or refuse to believe they have died.

Thank you for sharing that added information and take heart in knowing they are completely in the spiritual realm watching over you guys.

Regards!
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-11)
aussiedaz, getting a hug from your departed mom is amazing.
My sister did not get a hug but has had many goings on in her home from what seems like multiple entities, some good experiences some not.
One day a child of a visitor started speaking to unseen persons to her left and right while sitting in the middle of the couch. When asked who she was talking to she said it was the man and lady. My sister showed her the most recent picture of my parents and the girl said, "that's them, but their not that old". When she was shown a picture of my parents on their wedding day she said that is what they look like.
My sister has also had strange phone calls full of static and the sense of many people there generating background noise, such as at a party. Through all this she has heard what sounded like my mothers voice. This has not happened for a while though.
My wife's experience was that, a couple of weeks after my mother's death, she awoke in the middle of the night and saw a blue flower floating beside her. When she focused more she saw it was my mother holding it out to her in her hand. My mother then faded away with the flower.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-10)
Hi Kindly_Refrain

I was fortunate enough to see both of my parents after they died, my mother actually mustered up enough energy to hug me as we had a brief conversation on one night of which was quite amazing to experience, I'll treasure those accounts until the day I die and go home... It probably doesn't matter which one of them it was and I hope you don't over think the style of music and the Artist, just being able to turn on the radio alone takes some serious amount of concentration and energy from our departed loved ones.

I do remember not long after my father died in 1999 I was having a conversation with my mother over the phone when she told me an Elvis ornament started playing love me tender right in front of her whilst she was grieving... This is the man who stormed out of an Elvis movie?

Anyway, take it as a sign, I would based on what you have written.

Regards!
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-01-10)
Hi Aussiedaz, my mother was also not a fan of Elvis and referred to his pelvic gyrations as silly. She loved symphonic and choral music. She rarely even listened to the radio except in the mornings to see if the night's snow fall cancelled our school bus.
As far as these being signs to my sister, she has made herself known in much more definitive ways at my sister's home (and once to my wife at my house). My father has joined in as well.
The moon walk date of July 20th has no significance to my immediate or extended family, but my dad was very keen on the space program and its culmination to that point especially.
In short, I really do not think it would be my mom making herself known in her former house as she has made better "appearances" next door. My dad... Well maybe.
Although Elvis did not fall into his interests the moon walk certainly did.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-10)
Kindly Refrain, I read through your other story "Oma's denial of a guest house"and made a couple of mental notes about the activity your mother picked up on before she passed away... Your mother said this:

""sometimes at night she would hear sounds as if someone was working at the workbench in the basement. She would also hear the sound of the vice being used. She quickly followed this by saying, "You know... House noises"

Ok, Did your mother like Elvis? Probably a silly question, just about every woman on the planet around that time adored him as most of their husbands turned green with envy, my father stormed out of a picture theatre as my dear old mother was screaming her lungs out for Elvis back in the 60's.

I think this latest activity is all about a sign for your sister from her mother. After the last time there were noises in the basement, both of you investigated it and then your sister heard banging noises in her own home of which was probably your Dad trying to let you guys know he's there? After all, all souls try to send messages unfortunately they are always not received or interpreted due to certain conditions, belief systems etc.

Your mother probably knew the neighbour would relay the odd account to your sister and she's hoping your sister will take it as a sign via a channel of music that she likes and not your father's style.

In relation to the Moon landing?

Is that date of any significance to your family? Birthday, Anniversary etc?

If not, maybe that one is for you mate?

Thank you for sharing,

Regards Daz
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-01-10)
Hi RCRuskin, by the time my brothers and I were into music it wasn't on my dad's shortwave/ AM radio and Elvis was not on our "play list".
If the music my sister's neighbour heard, instead, reflected the sounds coming from my basement bedroom stereo it would have been Supertramp, ELO, Blood Sweat and Tears etc... Or even the reboot of the radio murder mysteries that were playing in the later 70s.
As for a time slip, I would grant the possibility, but I would think that the chance the program would have been as noteworthy as the moon walk (or Elvis for that matter) is slim. I would have more expected a radio ad for soap flakes or some other inane thing.
I believe the content of what the neighbour heard was not a random "blast from the past" but that it was specifically chosen programming for him or someone to hear. I do not, however, know the reason why or with any certainty at all who caused the play back.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-01-10)
Kindly Refrain, you said your dad would not have listened to Elvis, but what about you and your siblings? The moon landing bit seems odd, but this just strikes me as a time slip more than anything really ghostly. The speaker, you did say, put out sound over a wider space.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: