You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Trying To Get Attention

Real Ghost Stories

Trying To Get Attention

 

I have had several strange things happen to me before but that was back when I still lived with my parents. Since moving out and living in several houses, I have had nothing to happen until about 6 months ago.

I was home alone, it was around 6pm and I was chopping up vegetables for dinner. My dog was in our bedroom, and the house was dead quiet. All the windows were closed and outside was very quite and still. It wasn't windy outside and all you could hear was the repetitive chop of my knife.

I was in the back end of my house where my kitchen, dining, lounge and laundry are. It is a rectangular room starting with the kitchen on the left, then the dinning room in the middle, then the lounge. In the left corner of the room, off from the kitchen is the Laundry room. So it to the right of me as I'm in the kitchen. The door of the laundry is open, but it faces into the room, so where I am standing I can not see into it. I am standing behind the kitchen bench facing the dinning table and lounge.

Then I heard what sounded exactly like, someone blowing into a glass bottle. It was very loud and clear and it was coming from inside the laundry. It made me jump a little, and it creeped me out. I stood there in silence, just listening. Nothing.

I thought it was super weird and I knew it was coming from inside the house. I called my dog over because I then felt weird being alone. My dog came into the room unfazed, but when she left, she stopped and turned, and looked into the laundry for a good moment. But then she turned around and kept walking, so I thought; if my dog isn't freaked out then I'm ok.

Only about 3 minutes later, when I had gone back to chopping, I heard, coming from the other side of the dinning table, a long, distinctive, breathy voice, loud and clear.

"Hhhhhhhheeeey!"

This wasn't some faint sound that sounded LIKE a voice; this WAS a voice that I can replicate quite easily. Any clearer and it would have been a yell.

I jumped this time for real and put my hands up in shock.

I can tell you the EXACT tile "said" person would have been standing on. It was exactly like someone was in the room with me. I was so freaked out I called my boyfriend, who was driving home and made him stay on speaker phone all the way home. He was skeptical at first until he got home and I could better explain to him what happened. I thought possibly, it could of come from the TV or speaker. But my other half knows how that stuff works and said it wasn't possible. He is also perplexed by it.

I haven't heard anything since. I did have a moment the other day where the laundry door handle moved on its own but the latch could of just loosened by itself maybe.

The one good thing is that I never felt unsafe or any kind of negativity during or since that experience. But since that day and because of all of my other experiences I do wonder if someone is either trying to get my attention or just wants to remind me, from time to time, that they're around.

Other hauntings by Lydia_Deetz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lydia_Deetz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lydia_Deetz (6 stories) (15 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
Manafon1

The more I think about it, I think it was a woman about my height. Its hard to explain how I guess the height. But from where the disembodied voice came from I have an idea where a mouth might be.

Sometimes I wonder if it is my Aunt. She passed either before or just after I was born and my father tells me I look like her and I have her eyes. I am the only one in the family with green eyes. And we both have a lot of love for animals. So there could be a connection there.
🤔 ❤
Lydia_Deetz (6 stories) (15 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
Hey Rex-T

Thanks for the welcome 😊

There is actually no hot water tank of any kind in the laundry. The tank is outside. I really can't figure out what it could be as it sounded JUST like someone blowing in a bottle.

The other day the door handle on the laundry did move on its own. We have long, modern door handles, not the round type. I saw it move, in the corner of my eye and it made a particular sound. I wasn't sure, so I went and replicated what I thought it did on other doors and it didn't work, until I tried it on the laundry door. I could replicate it exactly by grabbing the handle and pushing it down then realising it very quickly.

But it could just be the latch in the door realising itself. If that's a thing?
Lydia_Deetz (6 stories) (15 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-04)
DandK

Thats crazy, sighing is super creepy! I imagine you get major chills when that happened!

My house is actually only 6 years old and I'm pretty sure no one has passed away here. So I think I may have a spirit or spirits around me. It defiantly felt like a friendly, hey, Just letting you know I'm here, kind of thing.

DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-03)
Lydia, I can totally relate to your story. I had an experience (twice) with the sound of a woman sighing right next to me. It turns out that an elderly woman lived in my house, disabled for years, prior to passing away in the room where I heard the sigh.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=23052

Do you know of your home's history with respect to past (passed!) residents?
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-03-30)
Lydia - I think, as you stated, that a spirit was just trying to get your attention. I have experienced disembodied voices on a couple of occasions (one just about a week ago) and it is startling and a little spooky. Often it seems these voices are just spirits "passing through" and there is nothing more attached to them.

That said, you might have a spirit that has a connection to the house or possibly to you. Maybe it's a family member who has passed on and just wants you to know they are around. You seem to have a great attitude about what you've experienced and not sensing any negativity is a positive. I find it doesn't hurt to occasionally talk out loud to let a spirit know if it's freaking you out a bit or to set ground rules. This actually had been quite effective for me. Thanks for sharing your thought provoking account.
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-03-30)
Welcome to YGS Lydia, from a 'southern neighbor'.

I always take a logical approach to people's experiences (including my own) but I've got to say that your's has me intrigued. For instance, if the laundry contains a hot water heater, I've heard the sound when the water pressure builds up and the heater has to vent hot water but this does not explain the voice in the dining room. Sounds coming out of speakers are usually associated with very strong magnetic fields, what we used to call Radio Frequency Interference. This doesn't fit either, as you would hear this quite often.

You said that you 'never felt unsafe' so this may explain your current dog's relaxed reaction compared to your previous puppy's rather agitated stance.

This does seem like you're very sensitive to the presence of spirits and I also wonder if a spirit is attached to you and has been for some time.

I hope that this spirit is a guardian that's just trying to let you know it's with you.

Rex-T

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: