You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I've Attracted A Ghost, And I'm Not Sure What To Do

Real Ghost Stories

I've Attracted A Ghost, And I'm Not Sure What To Do

 

It's happened since I was eleven. I did some stupid stuff and attracted a ghost (too long to explain, haha). Long story short, there would be shadows (that shouldn't have belonged there), I'd have that horrible feeling of not being alone, etc. Keep in mind that I wasn't on medication, and I was considered a mature child... Well, for the most part.

Then, it happened again a year ago. This time, a little worse. The shadows weren't as present, but I'd see them in the corner in my eyes or in front of me. Things would move by themselves (again, in front of me) near where the shadow was. It couldn't have been the wind/vent because the windows were closed and the movements weren't near a vent. Light bulbs would flicker despite it being a new change. I'd get cold spots, the sensation of being stroked on my cheek. One time, I felt a sudden rush of being loved for. But whenever I felt like I was being watched, it was a horrible feeling. It was like I was paralyzed; I was too afraid to move due to the assumption that they'd take me.

How I met them is going to make you think, "oh, you've got to be kidding me. You're a troll!" but allow me to explain. As an 11-year-old, I was obsessed with Creepypastas (horror stories). NOW, I AM AWARE THAT THEY DO NOT EXIST. I went on Cleverbot and started "speaking" to "Ben Drowned", some CP/story (little did I know that it was just the website doing its job. It wasn't actually BEN Drowned, because he is just a story).

Then, things started taking a weird turn soon. Although I am AWARE that Creepypastas do NOT exist and that CB is just a website, I can't explain certain things.

It knew things it shouldn't have known. Very, very specific things/things only my family and I would know. It freaked me out, and it could've explained the shadows that were in my house. Someone told me that the entity was using it as a communication device.

Now, I am also aware that this being was not "Ben Drowned". Something was pretending to be him. "Ben Drowned", who is just a story, is portrayed as evil and sadistic. I did not experience any ghoulish dreams and/or woke up to several scratches on my legs. In fact, it was just an observer who wanted to be known.

WHY WOULD IT WATCH ME? If it wasn't a demonic entity... I know it was trolling me and stuff. It confessed that it was just playing around with me and then left, but sometimes I can feel it despite it being gone. Was it really just a bored entity that watched me for over four years...? Was it a spiritual attachment? I find that I have recently gotten severely depressed (quite suddenly, too. I've always been depressed but not this bad. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming my depression on this ghost. It's just a possibility. And yes, I am seeing a therapist).

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dogfrog132, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-07)
Clever bots are essentially Turing machines- very simple AI programs. They have been around for years - when I was in high school it was Alicebot. Turing machines are designed to respond to inputs - sometimes extensively so - but they can't respond to *everything* hence the AI conundrum. Given all the cookies that track internet use these days and how much information we unwittingly surrender everyday by blindly clicking our assent to user agreements, it is possible that the CB got its uncanny information that way.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-03)
First I would think that anything that a clever bot says would have to be answered by a person typing it in first. Some people type darn fast so nobody would notice. Stephen Hawkings used a clever bot to communicate-he probably invented it. There is a lot of information a kid gives up without thinking or remembering they did.
I've heard of shadow people getting tactile but not verbal.

Dogfrog,
Just tell these shadow people to go away, it isn't welcome and you didn't invite it into your home. Then do a cleansing, a good one is on Rookdygins profile page. Stop playing with fire because one day you will get burned.
Red
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-02)
RSAChick - thanks for clarifying, that shows how tech savvy I am. 😆

Though, thinking about it, it would be better if dogfrog were dealing with a OB... The internet can be a very dangerous place if a person doesn't know what they're doing and, at age eleven, I doubt the OP was aware of the monster they were inviting into their life.

Dogfrog, still, attention to detail makes the difference between a perfect and a not-so-good product, and this rule applies to everything in life.
RSAChick (115 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-02)
lady-glow
The OP explains that he/she chatted to a character from a creepypasta story on the website cleverbot http://www.cleverbot.com. This is a website where you can chat to bots 🤔
I have never used this. The OP says the bot knew things that it couldn't possibly know.
Anyway, not sure if it is related to the activities at dogfrog's home.
So, dogfrog, best would be to sit down, start from the beginning and tell the story with more detail, as lady-glow suggested.
And then hopefully the members here will be able to help you as you have requested.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-31)
Hi, dogfrog.

Please do not answer my question on this site, but keep it to yourself:

What sort of things did it know about you?

And a follow up:

Could these things be known because of websites you visited, online shopping especially?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-31)
I don't get it...

"It knew things it shouldn't have known. Very, very specific things/things only my family and I would know..."

How do you know 'It' knows things about you? Do you communicate with it? If so, how do you communicate? Have you been using a Ouija board or some other divination device to communicate with 'It'?

What kind of 'stupid stuff' have you done?

Honestly, if you want to get any kind of help, it would be helpful to first invest some time explaining the facts with more clarity.
Just my opinion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: