You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Im Not Sure What All Of This Means

Real Ghost Stories

Im Not Sure What All Of This Means

 

So, I posted a story before about my experiences in Virginia. And I had moved from there to Washington. Well, when we moved into our house, everything was fine and I wasn't having any paranormal activities going on, until a few months before I moved out. It started as shadows around the house, feeling like I was being watched all the time. And I have read things about paranormal activity a lot, and a lot of the time, I hear it could be I was just scared so it made my subconscious think I was seeing things. But it got weird, and then I started believing that maybe there was something else to it.

First of all, I was alone in the living room watching tv, and I kept hearing noises from the roof. I lived in a trailer home, one floor and pretty small to be honest. It had a metal type roof and so rain and other things were pretty loud on it. I would hear footsteps on the roof, like someone was wearing big boots and walking across our roof. There was no ladder near our house, and I'm not sure why someone would want to get on top of our roof and walk around for no reason. So I found that strange. I even told my dad- but of course, he thought I was imagining it and didn't take very much notice.

One night I was sitting in the living room on my laptop, and I heard footsteps on the porch. It really freaked me out because everyone else was sleeping, and I didn't like the dark very much. So I heard the creaking sound and steps of boots, just like I heard on the roof. I got up, and walked to the window and peaked out. There was no one on the porch, but I decided to take a look for myself. I walked to the door and peeked out, and then walked out onto the porch and I looked down the yard and it looked like a shadow was hurrying behind my house into the darkness, but it was weird, because It didn't seem solid. But I didn't follow them in case they were someone that wasn't good or something, I don't know. It just seemed a bit shady so I went back inside. Of course, It could have been someone playing around, but I really don't think so. I just have a feeling, you know?

Since then, I have gotten older and moved out of that house. I'm not sure if something followed me, or it was my imagination. I don't even know what to think anymore. Since I have moved out, I have had way more terrifying things happen to me in this house that I am living in with my boyfriend. My other stories haven't really scared me much to be honest, but lately, I have been scared.

The thing that has happened that really scared me the most started just a few nights ago. I went to sleep at about 11, and my dream started out where my friend and I were in this house, and the police came to our house and asked about a murder, I guess my friend did it. But she lied to the police and said she didn't. I know this story is not related yet but you will see why I mention it. Anyways, so then, it turned into a nightmare. My family started to appear, my 3 year old sister, 14 year old brother, and 21 year old sister appeared and my friend who had talked to the cops turned into this nasty scary thing... And just... Well, this part is kind of gruesome. It like tore apart my family and my 3 year old sister. I'm sorry if this bothers you but if I do not include all of it, you will not understand where I am coming from. So it had killed my family, and then I was lying there playing dead so it wouldn't get me too. And I was frozen, couldn't move at all. I woke up and realized my surroundings, I knew where I was and that I was in bed but for some reason, I still kept thinking to myself that if I moved an inch I would die. I was pretty much paralyzed for about 3 or 4 minutes. When I finally felt like I could move, I was breathing hard and scared; I had never had an experience where I was frozen unable to move in bed. It scared me so much I was scared to go to bed the next night.

I am not sure if this has to do with the paranormal, or if it is something else. I just don't even want to sleep anymore. Can you give me some advice? Do you know what is going on with me? I have had a few more nightmares since then. Is this paranormal?

Other hauntings by Lani12

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lani12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mj1234 (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-28)
yes I had the same thing happen to me with the porch. It sounded like someone wearing boots was going up the steps and then stops. I had my living room window open and I yelled whose there? No answer. I didn't tell my family because they were already scared of everything happening in our house. Few days laters my mom called me on my cellphone and said that she heard someone going up the porch steps and asked if that was me. We ended up leaving the house because it became intolerable. We were not dilusional. Everybody in the house was experiencing crazy stuff. For example, I used to hear my family members calling my name when they weren't home and I would sometimes wake up at night with this strange feeling around my chest. It's like a 6th sense that's telling you that something is here. My dad told me one day he came home and was eating dinner in the kitchen and can hear someone walking upstairs. He went up to see who was home and said no one was upstairs. That was the last straw. After that incident my dad said we are getting the hell out of this house. It's now been 2 years in our new house and no one has experienced anything un-usual. And I forgot to say that one night I saw it. It was a black mass that had a human figure. It has its own language and its voice is neither a man nor a woman. It speaks a weird language. It was laughing and singing in my right ear while it had me pinned down in my bed. I was only able to move my feet. My advice is to always keep the light on. They don't like light. And I swear to god that all of this is true. I probably sound like I'm crazy but it's true. I never used to believe in this stuff and used to laugh at people when they talk about it but it's real!
mayamie (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
I'd say check on your family first and foremost.

And do ask for spiritual help during the night because if it is something "unfriendly" that is of a unworldly nature, you would need something of an "unworldly" nature in the way of help to combat such thing. Like you know, God, or even deceased loved ones that have passed on, like grandparents, friends, heck, I imagine that even Martin Luther King, Jr., would come to bat for you if asked for help since he was not a man who tolerated injustice. Ask a guardian angel for help.

It is odd to me that people that suspect a demon or something, don't likewise think about the opposite of a demon which would be a saint, God, angels, whatever. Sage is nice, but you might what to call in the big guns.
bbydoll (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
i agree, it sounds like sleep paralysis, many things can cause it, and it is hard to handle sometimes. Try meditating and or burning sage before bed. Anything really to get rid of stress of the day.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
The inability to move after coming out of sleep is called sleep paralysis.

It's usually accompanied by feelings of terror and sometimes hallucinations. This is because your brain is stuck in a dream state, but your body is conscious. Because the brain believes it is still dreaming, it does not let you move (really, it's for your own safety, no matter how unpleasant the feeling of paralysis is).

It's extremely unpleasant to experience, but it is actually fairly common- it tends to worsen in times of stress, whether it's triggered by a dream or by events in your life. It can also happen at complete random.

That does not answer the rest of what happened, but that at least, does have an explanation.

If the sleep paralysis bothers you again, try some nice calming tea (caffeine free!) and relaxing music.

Best wishes to you

Lani12 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Mimerkki-
I was not living alone, I was living with my family (parents and siblings). And no one heard them because I was awake by myself:) And thank you, your advice is still helpful:)
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Hi Lani, and thank you for your story.

I would like to specify one thing (english is not my native language, so I may not always understand everything). Were you living alone, when you heard the footsteps on the roof and if not, did anyone else ever hear them?

Your inability to move after a nightmare sounds a lot like sleep paralysis and I have heard from other members, that there are scientific explanations to it. If I remember correctly, stress can cause nightmares and sleep paralysis. At least to me, your sleeping problems soud more stress related than paranormal.

When reading your post, I got a feeling that you are most of all worried about not knowing (for sure) what is happening. I believe that many times when we deal with paranormal issues, and life for that matter, many things are a bit shady and we may not allways get the definitive answers. Take a day at a time, and I believe you will get new insights in your problems. Sometimes problems even dissolve when we continue living our life. I am sorry, that I can not help you any more than this. Lets hope some of more experienced members will also answer your post.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: