You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Room No. 123 South

Real Ghost Stories

Room No. 123 South

 

It's 6am in the morning, and I am writing this incident about what happen last night from a park. I have just been here about 20 minutes earlier, before that I was in a Lodge in (south) name changed. This hotel is somewhere in South Kolkata.

I am very much disturbed and nervous at this point of time, and have already had 4 matki of Chai and half a packet of cigarettes since I left that Lodge at 5am.

I work in Kolkata for the past 5 years. Last week I had gone back to my hometown Darjeeling and had just arrived last morning boarding Darjeelingmail (night train).

After reaching my rent room I realized I forget my key back home in Darjeeling, and called my land lord for the extra keys, but to my dismay he had gone to his sasur Bari (father in law house) and would be back only after a day.

Now, instead of going to friend's place or relative, I decided to check in at hotel, as I was tired and wanted some good sleep and privacy. I checked in on a reasonable hotel, as per the price tag the room was small but somehow it look cozy, with a small wooded table, chair by the side and a medium size dressing mirror just by the side of a single small bed. Not much of a room but who cares I needed privacy.

Most of my day I kept sleeping. At 5pm I went outside for tea and not knowing what to do alone, went for a drink in nearby bar Tripti, reasonable and one of oldest. After 3 bottles of beer went back to my hotel room to spend the night, that's when mishap starts with me.

In the middle of my sleep, I felt someone poke me, so I woke up still tipsy with the beer, not sure if I was poked. It was around 2.30 am, I still was sleepy and went back to sleep, but than I could not sleep as I felt a strong presence of someone in the room, sitting in the wooded chair just few inches away from my bed.

I started to get goosebumps, and boldly got up and switched on the light. It was just my imagination, the chair was empty. I kept the light on, a bit scared about being alone, and checked my Facebook messages, one of the old class mate was online but I barely chat with her. Still glad to find someone online, I was going to message her, when I felt a hot and urgent breath in my ear, almost like a sound 'oluuu'.

I was startled, my heart leaped, goosebump all over my body, I started cursing and abusing as I had heard somewhere that ghost or paranormal activity should be cursed. I started shouting for hotel staff but no one came.

With light on I somehow spend my time with a strange feeling of someone still in the room. At 4.30 I went to staff quarter got them up, had a quarrel and left without checking out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ranu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ghosts4ever (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-15)
I agree withe Miracles. You shouldn't cuss at a ghost. And like Seren said, the ghost might have been saying hello. Maybe it just wanted to have a friendly conversation? And the ghost is probably angry now. I would be too. He/she could have just have being saying hello!
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-15)
Absolutely, the more we read the more we learn. And this forum provides us platform where we can share our believes without hesitation and to learn different prethesions. It also proves that the world is a global family where everyone is in the same way helping each other for greater good.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-15)
sush - it could just be a cultural difference. Or maybe not. Maybe there are more people, all countries/cultures, than I realize who are taught to react in an aggressive manner toward something that scares them. I like to think that we, all cultures, are learning something the more we are trying to understand the paranormal.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-15)
I think Ranu acted the way we all are taught since childhood to curse spirits when encounter. It is believed that cursing a spirit who are trying to haunt/possess you will leave you alone as it shows that you are strong enough to fight back.
Although whether it is effective or not don't know but quite often people used it in their self defense. Some they say it was effective and some they say not.
However Miracles have a valid point that this might backfire.

Regards
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-15)
Ranu,

I also agree with Miracles advice; it's generally not a great idea to curse and yell at spirits. I understand how frightening it can be to be in your situation. However, it helps to understand that a spirit was a person with feelings, emotions and family.

Hopefully, you don't have any similar incidents. Thanks for sharing.
Serenflipppity (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-14)
Hi Ranu

I think you had a ghoustie in your room who wanted you to know it was there ~ the 'oluuu' sounds like a playful 'helloooo'. Perhaps next time acknowledge the presence, especially if you don't get a menacing feeling from them. I do think your reaction was born from a fear of the unknown and unseen.

I like Miracles advice ~ it makes perfect sense especially since with my experiences, departed souls don't lose their personality and character because they're no longer physically human. A little respect goes a long way, however it is understandable that you were scared and did what you thought best.

If you should have a similar experience, do try to not react immediately and remember Miracles words.

I'm sorry you were so fearful though. Hope you're doing better now.

All the best. Maxine
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-13)
Ranu - the only thing I have to say is I don't think it is a good idea to cuss at ghosts. If you cuss out a living person, that is a guaranteed way to make them extremely angry. No different with a ghost; they were once human.

If you are in a situation like this again where you are frightened, get another room if you can. Ignore the ghost if possible. If not, definitely don't antagonize it as that could possibly cause a couple of things to happen.

1. You could anger the ghost enough that it become angry with you. Who knows what could happen then.
2. You could leave an angry ghost for someone else to deal with, which is a very cruel thing to do.

From what you have said, this ghost definitely did nothing to cause you to react the way you did.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: