You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunting On South Shore Drive

Real Ghost Stories

Haunting On South Shore Drive

 

This is my last story that I have in my life experience. Unless I forgot one. This story is not my story it is one of my friends. The same person in the story "Carmen" that can sense things in a house. Hope you enjoy it and hope I can write something new from a new experience. Thank you all for being readers.

In the crisp Minnesota autumn in 1979, Dave M. And his family moved into an empty house, nestled along a windy stretch of road just outside of town. The blue two-story house blended in naturally with its natural setting.

Dave felt uneasy about moving into the place, he felt uneasy and had bad feelings in certain areas of the house. They decided to give it a try. In the beginning they knew that the past owners left in a hurry and left a lot of furniture behind. They departed in a hurry and Dave had a bad feeling of the entire place. He had bad feelings in the attic, basement, garage and a bedroom. He always felt like someone was watching them. His wife's sister often babysat and at times she caught moving shadows from the corner of her eye. She felt too uncomfortable to stay and sit anymore.

One evening Dave's wife felt compelled to check in on there two sleeping sons that were sleeping. She opened the door to discover her oldest son in the crib standing up with his eyes wide open and searching the room. The youngest son was asleep in the other crib. She asked why he was up, and he replied that he did not want the hand to get his brother. He was serious about a floating hand that came out of the floor and wanders the room. He was afraid it may get his younger brother. The Mother thought that he was just dreaming, but was concerned. She had not seen anything, but her son was serious.

This was never brought up until two weeks later when the son asked both parents of when the hand will come back? That made Dave wants to find a new home. Kids don't lie at age two and made him believe that he really did see something. And they got out!

Years later in June of 1987, they moved into a home not far from the house. The kids grew older and Dave's wife encountered other women at the school yard in a discrepancy of their two kids. They sat down to talk and settled thing, and then just conversed. They got to know each other and found that this woman and her family is now living in the same house. She did not tell her anything of her experience, but asked her is they encountered anything weird? The woman told her of a night that freaked her and her husband out. Her daughter was sick with a fever and she lay with her that night to comfort her in the same room Dave's sons stayed in. She then said that she dosed off and woke up to see a mist in front of her. She stared at him and could make out a man as a dark silhouette standing before her. His murky features were vague, but it was of a man in a ghostly form. Then he reached out his arm toward her, which seemed very real and solid. Then she heard his voice saying "Look at what I have done". This scared her to shake in fear. He became quiet and then repeated the same quote. She lay silently next to her daughter and then sprang out of bed and out of the room to leave, until she realized she left her daughter. She turned on the light and it disappeared. She got her husband and searched the house and found nothing, but she believed it was real.

After Dave's wife heard this she just turned white and knew it collaborated with their experience that no one knew of. They eventually moved out. And years later I was talking to a women who lived their in the sixties as she was growing up and told of her history of a girl that rode their school bus and talked of that house being haunted while living there. I tried to investigate the matter to see if there were any deaths in the history of the house. I asked a lady friend that worked at the court house and she got interested. She was searching until her boss caught on and said to stop. So we never did find any history on it, but I love the story.

Other hauntings by mulder81

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mulder81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

35ryfhoi (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-18)
I have been away on Music tasks for the last few months. Please forgive me for not sending in any comments to you all.
I have my own apartment now in the Woods wouldn't have believed my Luck but itis true because four years later I am still here and very very very VERY happy. I still am very connected with the Spirit guides that I wrote about to you once. I need some comments to get through if you would be so kind as to help when you think that you can.
How can I make my home warm again after the chill of a visit from my Ghostly Friend?
gie_reese (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-18)
I can't believe that I found this story! Believe me or not, but I lived in that house since I was 2-3 until I was 16 (I am 25 now), I had to call my dad, and print out the story for my mom. She remembers talking to the woman at the park. As for the events that had happened, my mom has told me about the man in the bedroom and the holding out his hand, all he was saying was "look" and she said it was like he has blood on his hand. My dad worked nights so when she woke up hearing the foot steps, and seeing a figure of a man she assumed it was my dad, at first, but it wasn't.then when she closed her eyes, and looked again, he was gone. As for me, I have never seen anything, really. But I have had the feeling of somethings there, I never liked going to the basement, just walking by it scared me, when I was doing laundry, I would make me sister or brother come down with me. I always had the feeling like I got to get out of here- or the urgency to run up the stairs. Also one night I was home alone, in the living room. My dad and my sister when to walmart. I was on the phone with my boyfriend at the time. We had just got a dog, and she was outside. I heard a big thud, it sound like some one was on the roof. The motion light came on out side and the dog started barking. Then the banging started, its sounded like someone was jumping on the roof, hitting the sides, of the house, and it wouldn't stop, my boyfriend was on the phone with me and he could here it. I got so sacred I looked myself in the bathroom and started to cry. I called my dad on 3way, I was to afraid to hang up the phone. The banging continued for like 7-10mins all round the house. But as soon as my dad pulled in to the drive way. It stopped! He searched around the house, even got on the roof. There was nothing. Even telling this experience gives me chills, and almost tears. That's how scary it was. After that, nothing, besides the eerie feelings. But I refused to be there at night alone, with out every single light on.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
WOw tyhat was an amzing stoy! I realy did like reading it. I could feel the chill go down my spine. When I think about young children seeing spirits I'm actually glad when I hear that they don't know what they are seeing. At such a young age they don't know anything about spirits. But if they did know that could be very scary for them! I wouldn't want to be in there shoes. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
Mulder,...sounds right to me. As we thought, he was trying to showcase his hand, for some reason. (And he wasn't -trying- to scare anyone). Thanks so much!
mulder81 (16 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
Thanks everyone. I guess in my opinion the man accidentally cut off his hand with an ax and bled to death. Then was reaching out to tell someone of what he did, still in limbo. Thats why my friend was looking for deaths on the property. Guess we will never really know.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
creepy! Seems he feels guilty, about something? He would have harmed the girl if the mom ran out but he did not. He is talking to an adult like himself, women tend to listen more then men and he wanted to tell her what happened. Was he sick when he died, was one of his children sick and he felt guilty for it or he may have caused it? Was this man mentally ill in life and death, because hes never healed of the guilt? Do people carry there problems with them after they pass?
Assumpta (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
Wow Mulder, what an interesting story, makes you wonder what the ghost was on about doesn't it.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
Mulder hi and thank you for a pretty peculiar account! I wish you could search a little deeper into the history of that house. "Look what I've done..." was more than an attempt to manifest...there's a story behind it that this man wanted to communicate.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
Everyone already covered what I would have said, so I will just say, Wow!...really enjoyed this eye opener. The story was interesting... Thanks for sharing, blessings, ghostseer
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
WOW! Talk about validation. When you start getting validation from more than one or two sources you have to conclude its true. Something was haunting that place. Anyone can access court records but that would be land or house deeds I don't know if you would get any other type of personal information from courthouse records. I have a very old house (1886 not haunted) and there is very little information on this house at the court house. Great story.
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
Dear Mulder, Thanks (and I hope not farewell) for taking the time to share all your known experiences. Thought I'd mention that when a spirit manifests solid, it is using ectoplasm. And after a person passes, it can take decades to learn how to manifest. Perhaps he was saying, "look at what I have done," to show what he's accomplishing! (especially since there's no mention of him having done any harm). One of the witnesses saw him as a mist forming, which is also... An attempt... To manifest. I know a medium who was contacted by a young man who died, who proved to his father that he was in the afterlife, by saying that he was going to make his hand come out of the wall... And later... He did!
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
I know this is going to sound utterly ridiculous, but the first thing that popped into my head after reading your post was, "This guy feels guilty!"--it was as if he somehow felt responsible for the child's illness. How--or even if--this ties into the hand, I couldn't say.

Sometimes I think of myself as being like Kevin Bacon's character in the old movie 'A Stir of Echoes,' a man who would get occasional flashes but couldn't put them together, unlike his little boy, who could understand perfectly. Another character compared it to using a flashlight with a weak battery--sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, whereas the little boy has "a much stronger battery."

My battery's pretty weak, but when I get the flashes, at least I can speak up about them on this site!

❤ ❤ ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
I can understand this scareing the bejeepers out of all involved in both Families, but what did the Spirit mean when it said, and repeated, 'Look what I have done?' I ask because you mentioned that one of the families involved had a daughter who was sick with a fever when this manifested itself... Was her fever gone after this 'visit' or was the 'spirit' saying this as a way of drawing attention to itself? (ie: look at what I have done... Can you see me?) Also, was the other boy sick when the other one saw the hand in the room? (any and all details help)

It's too bad that the one lady couldn't find any information while at work, it's not easy to do such reasearch while on the clock but any background information would be good. I liked this story, if you hear anymore about this house please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
Wow I agree with D.A. That is creepy and The person say stop about looking for history? If you got the google then looking for it in the address of the house where your friend david use to live... Glad your friend and his family made it out of that house...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
Very creepy! Thank you for sharing this experience with us!

Warmest blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: