You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My House On South Franklin Street 2

Real Ghost Stories

My House On South Franklin Street 2

 

This is a continuation of my first story; "My House on South Franklin Street" Please read it first if you haven't already so you can get the whole picture of the story.

In the first part, I left out an important part by mistake. Remember, I said there were 4 metal chairs, 3 tan and 1 spray painted red. The part I forgot to mention was that when I slid open the bedroom door and all of the lights were on, The red chair was unfolded and sitting with it's back against the door!

It had been on the other side of the living room by the window when I went to bed. Why someone or something chose to move the red chair still gives me goose bumps. And, was it guarding me in the room, or was it trapping me? Creepy.

Okay, Now for the second part. The situation was pretty much the same as usual. It happened when I came home and went to bed. This time I heard loud footsteps on the bare wood floor in the living room. I'm in bed with the bedroom door closed. I yelled "Who's out there?!" and the footsteps paused for about 10 seconds, then I could hear them again for a few more seconds 'til they stopped. I was SO scared!

Next, the big heavy door slid open about 3 inches. Then it felt like somebody walked (bumped) into the side of my bed! I did what any normal 22 year old guy would do, I put the covers over my head so I would be safe ha, ha. I laid there in the dark petrified until I eventually fell asleep. Nothing else happened that night. I can picture a spirit standing there laughing at me because I was so scared and covered my head.

When I woke up in the morning, there was a hard lump under my pillow. The little pistol that had been in my nightstand drawer was under my pillow. This was not my doing. How it got there, I don't know. I am pretty sure in this situation; a gun wouldn't do a lot of good.

When I got out of bed, I noticed that the round plastic feet of my bed frame were moved about 2 and 3 inches out of their indentations in the carpet. I slid the bed back into place and laid back down on the bed and grabbed both sides of the full-sized mattress and rocked as hard as I could back and forth and I could not get the box spring and frame to move. Only the mattress would slide. So I'm sure it wasn't me that moved the bed while I was on it. Then I checked the whole house again and found nothing. The front and back doors were still locked.

Later that day, I took the pistol to my parents and left it there.

It wasn't much later that I lost my job and ended up having to let the house go back to the land contract holder. The 4 main floor rooms were still gutted out.

This is the third part. About a year later, my brother and I were driving past the house and noticed that the realtor who had purchased it and remodeled it was having an open house. Of course, we had to stop and see how it had turned out.

We went all through the house and it was pretty decent. Kind of generic, but nice. I asked the realtor if he had had anything strange happen to him while he was there. He shushed me and led me to the kitchen. He told me not to let his wife hear anything like that. I started telling him about my first encounter when all of a sudden; the garbage disposal on the other side of the kitchen came on by itself! It stayed on for about 5 seconds then shut back off. The switch on the wall had not moved. We all agreed that was enough talk and my brother and I left.

Even with the strange things that happened there, and as scared as I was, I never really felt threatened. I was not afraid to go back into the house. I still go past the house occasionally and can't help but wonder if the people living there have experienced anything unusual.

Other hauntings by Jim565

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jim565, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Hey Jim what a awsome story you wrote. How weird that the red chair was against your door, and so particular how they were all the same color but, that one. I bet the new owners are experiencing things. You were just talking about it, and the garbage desposal came on. That is a good hint that something or someone is still there. Thank you for sharing.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
You know, I have to wonder about something here... Was the energy trying to protect YOU from a threat of some sort or was "it" reliving a long forgotten past-"its" own past? The incident with the chair and the pistol do sound like "an older scene playing over again". Maybe if you knew more about the history of that house, you might have learnt more about what happened to your visitor. The incident with the can not only tells me the energy was trying to make its presence known but there's some sort of urgency in that which makes me think it was trying to tell you he/she was stuck. Too bad you no longer live there!
sogni (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
Hey it's 3:36am here and now there is no way I can get myself to sleep! Your stories got me well scared!

Thanks, 😁
Schism (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
I agree with Dan.

Because of the gun being put under your pillow and the lights being turned on, I totally believe that the ghost was looking out for your safety.

Who knows? Maybe there was someone checking out your house, thinking of breaking in and the ghost actually overheard them and turned on all the lights in an effort to deter them!

You might have had someone break in and steal or hurt you had it not been for the ghost who turned on your lights.
GloomySunday (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
Very creepy, Jim! I've enjoyed reading both of your stories and I look forward to reading anything else you post. 😊
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
Hey there Jim I've read both of your stories. To me this sounds like this spirit was trying to protect you rather than harm you. The chair being moved across the room sounds more like to guard you, or even if it was trying to keep you in there couldn't it have been to protect you? The thing that mainly makes me think the spirit was trying to protect you was the gun incident. Your gun was moved closer to you so you could access it quicker in case you came in danger. Well the rocking sounds like it was caring and maybe trying to send you to sleep and tell you not to be afraid. The lights turning on you mentioned in your previous story, you mentioned you was scared of the dark? Maybe it was trying to help you. Finally the last part with the disposal maybe the spirit was showing you that he/she is still there.
I've read both parts and it's a very good story thanks for sharing and good luck with the future.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: