You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Possibly Friendly Entity And Others

Real Ghost Stories

Possibly Friendly Entity And Others

 

Let's just get right into it. For the past few months I've had weird little things happen at night. I would be laying in bed, and slowly but surely I would start feeling a weight press onto my back and down onto the mattress, and then a pressure draped around my side. (I'm a side sleeper.) I would throw the blankets off of me as I would suddenly start feeling really hot. I made sure it hadn't just been a pillow that slid down behind me, and surely enough that was never the case.

I would hear what sounded like a man breathing right behind my neck after holding my breath for a little bit because I felt the bed rising and falling slightly out of sync with my slower breathing. A lot of the time it sounded kind of labored, like they were having a hard time breathing.

This would go on for a while until I felt like I needed to switch positions, so sometimes I would roll over onto my other side. The presence would go away for a second, and then come back behind me again. Other times I would be frustrated and move to the other end of the bed, then it would usually leave.

I would feel very comfortable and loved during a majority of these times, but I'm an easily frustrated person and other times I grow irritated because I'm not that fond of being touched.

This next bit is relevant to the story. Instead of heaters or central air, we have a big wood burning stove in our kitchen that we use during the winter to keep the house warm. I always sleep with my door closed, except for the winter when I want heat in, so I'll leave the door cracked open maybe 2/3 of the way.

I have never sleep walked in my entire life, so anytime that I've gotten up in the middle of the night to do miscellaneous things like use the restroom down the hall or go to the kitchen for something, I've always been awake.

Anyway, I would sleep soundly through the night, and when I would wake up, the door would be completely shut for no reason. I incessantly asked my family who had done it, and accused my siblings of closing my door at night. It was a quite annoying because my room would be absolutely freezing when I woke up. My family swore that no one did it, because why would they anyway? All of us kept our doors open for heat, so it didn't make sense for them to close only mine for whatever reason.

This went on for a while longer, then stopped once it got a little warmer and we didn't have to use the furnace anymore, and I slept with my door closed again. A lot of the times I get hot but don't want to turn on my air conditioner, so instead I just take off my shirt and sleep without it with the fan blowing on me. I would feel out of nowhere like someone was running their finger down my back, my neck, or my cheek. Sometimes it would be light little touches all over me, but especially my back, hip and face.

Now, the room didn't feel particularly cold or negative and I didn't feel unsafe, but I definitely felt like there was someone in the room with me. Usually after these occasions where I'd feel the touches I wouldn't wake up with marks, but one night last month I kept feeling it touch this one part of my back over and over again. It was next to my right shoulder blade, and then a couple inches below. When I was getting dressed that morning I saw 4 three or so centimeter long scratches in the same area I was feeling it touch me. They went away sometime throughout the morning. They weren't deep but right on the surface, and thin but not thin enough to be that of a cat or a dog. (I don't sleep with my pets in my room anyway.)

A lot of those nights I would then have dreams of being with someone that I've never seen before, pretty much always with black hair, strange eye colors like red, bright green, bright pink, yellow, but mostly with the same general features. We would interact with each other in the dreams as I normally would with someone I'm friends with or someone I love. He's very tall in these dreams, maybe around 6½ feet or so.

I have also heard whispering or soft male voices speaking at night, but that was pretty rare. I woke up at 1:30 in the morning a few months ago and heard two hushed voices of men conversing. It stopped as soon as I shot up from my bed being alert. I couldn't make out what they were saying as it was too quiet. To finish this off, I've only ever seen one of those things once, the other time my sister saw it.

The layout of our house is like you walk down from the hallway, where my room is at, and at the end you take a left, and there's the kitchen. Right is to the lounge and the entry way. I had come back to tell my sister something, who was sitting near the very back of the kitchen at the table. From there, you can see down most of the hallway. She said that as I was walking back down the hall towards the kitchen, she saw the a slightly translucent black silhouette of a man run after me from out of my room, then disappear around the corner towards the entry way, where you can't see in.

The other time I was yet again walking down the hallway when I saw a large, stocky opaque shadow leaning out from behind the trim of a bedroom at the very end of the hall. It quickly vanished when I looked at it.

That sums up most of what's happened to me.

Other hauntings by Seeing11

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Seeing11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-29)
Hi Seeing11, my opinion on this is that a demon / demons are harassing you. They have the means to manipulate your feelings and physical objects, and it's not a good idea to encourage them to stick around. You are in control of your life and should repudiate them in God's name. If you leave them be it's like a silent consent and their activity will increase over time and so will their intrusion into your life. They can even keep up the deception for decades, and their goal is to draw you closer to them and further from God.

My suggestion would be for you to refute them, and if these entities continue to bother you, or if things escalate, please consult with a pastor or a priest, they may be able to help you.

Please see my profile to understand my views on this.
Seeing11 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-28)
I meant CLOSED* in that previous comment. Not open. I type without thinking and forgot to read over. 😂
Seeing11 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-28)
The refusal to answer was an accidental click, yes, thanks for bringing to my attention. But to answer your question, all of my pets are kept in one of my siblings' room at night with the door closed, so they could not have opened the door.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-25)
I will comment on the off chance that the refusal to comment was an accidental click. Maybe what sounded like labored breathing was actually emotion - crying perhaps. And the strangely colored eyes could be representative of the entity's aura - aren't those colors generally happy ones? It seems to me like this entity likes being around you.

As for the door closing - I have seen pets open doors but when they close them its always rather obvious that they have as they are invariably caught inside. Assuming that her bedroom door opens into the room not out onto the hall, a pet would have to either push from the inside then streak out through the gap Indiana Jones style before it closed fully or make like it had opposable thumbs and pull it closed from the outside... I'm going with draft or entity on this one 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-24)
Questions:

"...I'll leave the door cracked open maybe 2/3 of the way."
"... (I don't sleep with my pets in my room anyway.) "

Would it be possible that one of your pets shutting your door during those nights?

I have some other questions but, it's hard to ask knowing that you won't be answering.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: