You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Final Wish Fulfilled.

Real Ghost Stories

The Final Wish Fulfilled.

 

Hey there, this is another experience of mine, which is rather emotional than scary. As I have already stated in one of previous posts that my only elder brother passed away in a car crash in the year 2001.

Now we Indian girls celebrate a festival called Rakshabandhan, in which we follow a ritual where we tie colourful threads and decorative ribbons (which we call Rakhi) on our brother's wrist, which signifies our unbreakable bond for life. After my brother passed away, I stopped tying the rakhi on any of my cousin brothers's wrists. Nobody forced me to do that as everyone knew that, I didn't have the guts to do it. Now my Father's elder brother's had two sons. They were almost thirteen years older than me. They stopped talking to me as I didn't tie the rakhi on their wrists.

In the year 2002 my Parents suggested me, that on that particular day, I should keep a rakhi in our prayer room, infront of The God and pray for my brother. I did the same and have been doing until today.

In the year 2007 right after the festival, in the evening time my phone rang, I picked it up. It was my eldest cousin. He asked me why didn't I send him a Rakhi? Very politely I told him that I had stopped tying in on anybody's wrist after Bhaiya (my brother) passed away. But very sternly, he almost ordered me, "Gudia, (that's my nickname) no matter what happens, but from coming year onwards, I should get my Rakhi, I don't know how are you going to send it to me but I want it on my wrist from next year". I was taken aback by his words, as nobody ever forced me to celebrate that particular festival including him, neither did he spoke to me for three years. I couldn't make out that despite of knowing my emotional plight so well, why was he ordering me like that. Still I answered feebly that "ok I Shall send it to you next year".

After that he never called me a single time. But little did I know that it was his last call.

In the year 2008, he passed away in an horrific road accident. This was the second death in our family which was caused by an accident. He was 34 years old when he passed away. His death came as a huge blow to us. Two sons of the same family passed away at such an young age. Two days after his death, I was sitting on the stairs of my house. It was almost 6:30pm.I was sitting there lost in thoughts, suddenly as a flash of lightning I saw his wrist as if he was extending it for tying the rakhi and heard his voice as if it came floating in my ears,"I want my Rakhi". Aghast I looked up and he was gone. I was shocked and was trying to figure out what just happened, It happened so fast that it felt that it was a dream. But I swear to God that I was wide awake. I shared it with my Mother and she suggested me the same thing which she did in the year 2002.

From 2009 onwards, on the day of Rakshabandhan, I started keeping two Rakhis and prayed for his soul to rest in peace. I keep doing it every year as I think it was his final wish to offer him a Rakhi as I offered it to my own brother. Tears fill my eyes even today whenever I try to recollect his words. Maybe deep down he had a premonition of his death, so he put up his final wish in front of me, and even today I obey and fulfil it.

Sorry for the long narration and mistakes. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Rashmibandana

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rashmibandana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Chiku (1 stories) (21 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-24)
Condolence for your loss. Yes I do believe love goes beyond every boundaries. It was a crispy story with affection and emotions.
Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
Socracy,
Thank u so much for reading my story. More strength to you too. I can feel their love and blessings are always with me. God bless you.
Regards
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
Rashmibandana,

My condolences on the loss of your brother. I can relate to it, last year I lost my elder sister fighting with blood cancer. But all we can do is to stay strong as we know they are watching us from heaven and want us to smile.

Regards
Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-14)
Thank u so much for reading Meghna❤. I feel their blessings are always with me.
Meghana23 (3 stories) (32 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-14)
Rashmibandhana
Thanks for sharing

I literally got tears from my eyes while reading your story... Sorry for your loss.
Keep smiling they will be always with you ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: