You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Covered Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Covered Figure

 

This incident happened with my Father and my maternal uncle in the year 1989. My Parents, brother and myself were going to my Mother's home, all of my mother's sisters were gathering after a long time at the same place so everyone was very happy. My Father was driving the car. We reached my mother's house at 3:30 pm in the afternoon. All of us were tired, but my Father being really excited about meeting everybody immediately started again to fetch my mother's younger sister who was staying almost 250kms away from my Maternal grandfather's home. Two of my uncles accompanied him. They reached there by evening. He picked up my aunt and her husband from her house and started off again. Everyone was talking to each other and were enjoying the journey. It was almost 9:30pm in the night, and they were now 75kms from their destination.

Roads were lonely by then and there was no traffic. It was a forest area on either side of the road with a level crossing in between. My aunt, her husband and one of my uncle, were sitting on the back seat and were probably taking a nap. Just a few feet away from the level crossing my father stopped the car. Uncle asked him the reason of stopping suddenly and that too on the middle of the road. My Father pointed towards the level crossing, and what they saw sent shivers down their spine. Just on the middle of the level crossing someone was sitting, entirely covered by a blanket like thing. Why anybody would sit like this at an unearthly hour that too covering itself with a blanket?

My Uncle being aware of the place, told my Father to continue driving. My Father asked my uncle what was the matter. He thought maybe it was a madman sitting like this that too on a level crossing. He was about to blow the horn when my uncle almost screamed at my Father to do as he was told, otherwise they would be in trouble. My Father did as he was told by my uncle, he crossed the level crossing with full speed and of course without honking the horn. After driving through the level crossing both of them saw in the rear mirror and to their horror found nothing. Not a trace of that fellow who was sitting there. As soon as they had passed the level crossing it had vanished into thin air.

My Father was shocked but understood that it was a spirit blocking their path. My uncle explained it to him that whenever or wherever something of that sort is seen in the night, it should be ignored, because if something prevents you from going ahead, it is considered as an ill omen. As the entity was blocking their path it must be a malicious spirit who wanted a response. So it's always better to ignore them and act as nothing have happened, and the most important thing to never stop by anywhere near, if something looks or feels odd and uncanny.

My Father now drove quietly as the three of them were sleeping on the back seat and my uncle was also visibly shaken, though he knew about those things in the area. But by God's grace and Father's safe driving, all of them reached safely at 10:30pm. Neither of them spoke about the incident to anybody as it would have spoilt the cheerful get together. But after so many years when he narrated the incident, we were bound to think about those poor victims who travelled by foot or by bicycle at that time. And worst those who lost their lives tragically and were still stuck on earth in the form of ghosts and spirits.

Thanks for reading and God Bless.

Other hauntings by Rashmibandana

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rashmibandana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sugarANDspice (19 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
this story was very scary and interesting. I think I'll spend the summer brake reading stories here. 😊

Love. S&s ❤
Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-14)
Ajonverge,
Thank u so much for reading. Even your stories are very interesting.
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-14)
Wow. Thats certainly terrorizing. Nice Share Rashmi. You write very well. Thank you for sharing.
Saturn (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-14)
Well I say they were lucky as such kind of spirits are generally quite dangerous, they'll wait for people to react to them so that they can latch on to them, and harm whatever is dear to them. They kill people and keep their souls captive to drain their energy, that's what my grandma says. Thank God all are safe. 😊
Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-13)
Terranigma, No it was not a madman cause whatever it was, disappeared soon after they drove through the level crossing. Had it been a humanbeing, atleast they would have seen it running or walking. But it simply dissapperared. I hope I clarified, and thanks for reading.
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-13)
But what if it had been a mad man and they hit him?

For me I tend not to react unless I am sure of what I see is paranormal. But I suppose they could have gotten a feeling from it like so many of us do letting you know this thing is not of this world and not friendly.
Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-05)
Thanks for reading Darkfox. Yes it was indeed brave of them to confront the situation.
Darkfox (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-05)
Who knows what could that thing be?... But it's not necessarily could be a malicious spirit cause there are many spirits out there who just wanted to seek help from the living. They can come in any form. But if the reputation of that place is about such evil shapeshifters, then I salute your uncle for this.
Rashmibandana (6 stories) (20 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-01)
Hi Kairavi. Thank u so much for reading and liking my stories. I will share more. If you have ever experienced something related to paranormal, do share with us.
Regards
Kairavi_utsav (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-01)
God, I can't imagine their situation. Really I would have fainted that very moment I would see that thing. Glad that they all reached home safely. I have just read your stories and they are amazingly narrated. Looking forward for more. 😊 😊 Regards!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: