You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Shadow Boy In My Bed Room

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Boy In My Bed Room

 

I was about 8 years old when this happened and to this day I remember it crystal clear.

It was a warm night. I was sleeping with my parents in their bed. Because of the heat I couldn't really sleep well and the heat woke me up. There was clock right beside the bed and I realized it was about 2 o'clock in the morning. I was really thirsty and I couldn't really go back to bed with all the heat and thirst.

I decided to get out of the bed and go and have a drink of water. There was this mosquito net covering the bed so I had to fold it up a little bit make little space for me to escape. I got up and I had this eerie feeling that someone was watching me from me behind. My heart was beating really fast and I was kind of sweating too (maybe because of the heat). I turned around and was stoned in shock. There was someone watching me!

"It" appeared like a shadow of a boy, he had spiky short hair and only the upper part of the body was visible to me the rest was covered by the bed. He was the same height as I am (size of a average 8 year old) and he was a shadow. And you might be thinking that I was seeing my own shadow, well I was not. Soon as he saw me he 'swam' downwards in to shadow of the bed. And I saw surprise and fear in his face (of cause he had no facial features dah he is a shadow). But I kind of saw it. I felt that he was scared of me as I was scared of him. It took only about a second to all of this to happen. And it took me a while to me to realize what just happened.

Despite that I was horrified instead of waking my mom and dad I decided to investigate what it was. So I tiptoed to the place I saw him and there was nothing. Just the shadows other objects in the room. I stayed there for about a minute and decided to go back to bed. Well I was shaking a little but I wasn't afraid of the shadow, deep down I felt he was harmless.

I slept and in the morning I told them about my little adventure last night and they just chuckled. Well I felt disappointed because they didn't believe me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Witchdoctor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-17)
Welcome to YGS witchdoctor!

Just one question tho, is the room completely dark with no possible light from inside or light coming from outside the room?

I asked this question because maybe what you've seen back then was an illusion or an image created by your brain since it is already proven by "science" that our brain gets bored when we stare at dark surroundings so our brain creates images. I can't really explain word for word but you can look it up in google.

That's just my honest opinion.

Anyways, being an 8 year old, that must have been a scary moment and I think any 8 year old would agree to that. 😁

Thanks for sharing! 😁
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-17)
In almost all the stories I 've read on this site the elders or any other guardian the victim shares this experience with, always have a typical response of either not believing or assuring the victim that it was just an imagination or quite often a dream.

In my opinion it actually opresses the victim to open up about what had happened, in the fear of getting judged, thereby lowering his/her confidence. And hence, they develop a fear and always bottle themselves up at the times when they need to speak up.

We should encourage them to be open rather than denying it. Forgive me if had offended anyone on this page in any way.

Regards
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
Hello Witchdoctor, you know I truely love to read stories like this with natural accenses.
You showed lots of courage despite you were only 8 years old.
Your experience has touched some aspects of my childhood where often the elders lack tolerance and time to understand your experiences 😭

Thanks for sharing with us

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: