You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Windows And Doors Opening

Real Ghost Stories

Windows And Doors Opening

 

In the year 2013 we lived in a small quiet town of Roselle a town 25 miles outside of Chicago. At first when we moved in, we loved it. It was almost like a new chapter in our lives. Not long after we moved in things started to change. I was sitting in my dining room eating dinner, it was about 8:30 at night. As I'm sitting there I here a sudden bang on the patio door. I jerked my head up to see if anything was out there, I saw nothing. The next morning I asked my Mom about it, she told me not to worry about it.

I really just shrugged it off. A couple days went by with no activity, until one night. As I was closing the garage door I heard something slam, it sounded like it came from the 3rd floor. I quickly ran passed the foyer and I ran up the stairs and what I saw was unbelievable. The hall bathroom door was closed. I knew for a fact that door was opened because I left it open and nobody was home at the time.

No window was open either so how could have that door closed on its own? It still baffles me today.

Now the final occurrence, I leave the house with all the windows close. I come back approximately two hours later and when I walked through the door all the windows on the 1st floor were wide open!

How could that be? Nobody was home, all the doors were locked and secured so nobody could have broken in. The 3rd strike was what broke the camel's back. I took it upon myself to do some research on my home. I do know that Roselle in itself is a very old historic town.

I went online to do some research and I found some quite disturbing information. The land that my house sat on used to be a meat factory in the 50s and 60s I believe. There were a couple deaths at the meat factory and I connected the pieces with what odd occurrences I saw and heard.

I said to myself my house has got to be haunted. When I gathered all the research and showed it to my Mom. She could not believe someone died on the property. Not soon after we found out why these occurrences were happening, we decided to sell the house and move elsewhere. That was our signal to leave and to never comeback. I have been occasionally checking the homes real estate status, the home has not sold and is still up for sale.

No one has lived there since we left 5 years ago. Since then no further paranormal activity has occurred. At my new residence nothing out of the ordinary has happened. I wish that house wouldn't exist. It's just not a good place to be. I wish I never stepped foot in that house. At this time I live 30 miles from my former home, I don't plan on coming back to the area anytime soon.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ItalianGuy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ItalianGuy (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-31)
I'm sorry everyone, I chose the option not to respond to any comments. 😕
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
 
6 years ago (2018-07-05)
SDS, please do send me those links. I'm trying to understand.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-03)
Dear Mods, delete one comment. By mistake, I clicked twice.

Regret the error.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-03)
Hi ItalianGuy, I have the same question that PaigeB asked. Please do respond. I feel that you should have tried to explore more. I don't mean to offend you but just felt that way.

Val, continuing from what Sushantkar said, a "soul" its not the human soul. In our customs, soul is totally different and it has got nothing to do with whether its human or animals. Depending upon what "karma" one does (sins or good deeds), a soul will come back to earth as human or animals or inspects. Well, it is not so easy to say in a small write-up. But, I can try to send some links to your mail.

Regards and respects to you Val and ItalianGuy,

SDS
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-28)
If the worst that ever happened was a few windows and doors opening and closing, I think I would have just stayed there.
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-27)
Thanks, Sush. I see that the difference lies in our belief systems. If I understand correctly, for Hindus animals contain a human soul? I can understand that, even though my own personal belief does not go so far as the 'human' step. Although, if I believed in reincarnation (still on the fence with that. I don't quite believe in it, and yet it makes sense to me, so I almost believe - if that makes sense) then it's only logical that our furry friends would have human souls.
You speak of after death rituals to help the soul move on, I'm curious, if that's normally done for animals the non-vegetarian Hindu's eat? (I'm thinking fish, poultry, goat?)
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-27)
To Vol- First of all a very good evening to you.
In hinduism, we believe that earth is a mortal place where life and death are based on past deeds and where we again born as a human after 84 thousand cohorts. We also believe that any body is like empty vessel and is secred.
Soul is the original and after death, it passes from one vessel to another on the basis of his karma.

That is why we all do after death rituals to guide them towades light or salvation.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-27)
So did anything else happen but for a few bangs and windows opening? That simply sounds like a rather strong reaction for fairly mild activity but perhaps that's just me. Did you ever try any sort of blessings or cleansing on the house according to your beliefs? Perhaps, even now, a blessing on the property could set your mind at ease and those spirits be they human or animal to rest.
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
 
6 years ago (2018-06-27)
Sush,
Salvation for the souls of animals? That is something I've never thought of. Can you elaborate on that?
PaigeB (4 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-27)
Hi, You said you and your mother decided to sell the house and no one has lived there ever since. Who did you sell it to and what happened to them? Why did they not ever move in there? Just wondering:)
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-26)
Hi, If your house was made up of the meat factory, then you should not be worried about the death of those two people but you should also look about all those untimely and painful death of animals who were butchered. The opening windows and doors they may be trying to give the hint or they just wanted to show that they have yet not got salvation and they want to leave this place.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: