You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Santa Barbara Trip

Real Ghost Stories

Santa Barbara Trip

 

I worked in Santa Monica at a salon on Wilshire Blvd. While I was there a manager from a different location was getting married.

The stylists from the salon wanted to go to their boss' wedding. The salon was in Santa Barbara, about 1 hour and 45 minutes away. The owner of both salons decided to put us up in a hotel and we agreed to work for the weekend so everyone could go to the wedding. My friend, Angela, went with me. We were very good friends, we knew each other about 10 years. We went to the same high school as well as the same beauty school. I knew her family and she knew mine. We also worked in the same salon. She is one of the most honest people I have ever met.

So off we go for the weekend. When we get to the hotel, we are told that there is only one queen size bed in our room. No big deal we would share the bed. First night we get to sleep after a long day at work. When I wake up in the morning Angela says to me, " I have got to tell you something", I say, "ok". She tells me to sit down and she is very serious.

She tells me that she got up in the middle of the night around 3:00 am to go to the bathroom. While in the bathroom she decided to brush her teeth as well. She comes out of the bathroom and she says she saw me sitting up in bed and laying down at the same time. She then says, "What are you doing?"

She says I then turn my head to look at her and lay back down in my body and went back to sleep. She says it was kind of weird that she asked me, "what are you doing?". We kind of laughed about it. I didn't remember any of it. This was 25 years ago. To this day I don't have a clue what happened but I think about it a lot.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alisaprune, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

alisaprune (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
Sometimes I have very vivid dreams. I don't know how to explain that other than I had one the other night that there was a demon pushing me fast through the town I was living in. I mean like on the side walk around trees and it wan't quite light out yet. Really scary. I occasionally see spirits or have experiences. I have seen weird things since I was about 3. Angela on the other hand, I will have to ask her. I don't know. Thanks for your input.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
Hi there Alisa,

I almost missed this one. What a fascinating experience. 😊 It sounds like your friend spotted you during an Out Of Body Experience or Astral Projecting. There is a theory that everyone goes out of body (usually while sleeping), but many don't recall the details or attribute it to a dream. Do you remember dreaming that night?

I find it fascinating that your friend actually witnessed your astral body. Do you know if she has had any paranormal experiences? She may be a sensitive and not realize it. 😊

If you are interested, there is a section on this site with information on Astral Projection, not to mention many books and numerous sites devoted to this phenomenon.

Thanks for sharing a great read 😊

Dee
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
I agree with Rob definitely sounds like astral projection. U have done a lot of research recently. Has something like this ever happened to You before? Its for sure interesting.
robmkivseries70 (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-10)
Hi Alisa,
Go to the YGS Ghost Stories banner, above where it says "directories" there is a menu item titled "Other Related Topics". In the pull down menu is a section on "Astral Projection" That site will tell you everything you need to know. Angela must have some talent too if she saw you. Hth
Best,
Rob

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: