You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: ...he Indicated To Us The Time Of His Death

Real Ghost Stories

...he Indicated To Us The Time Of His Death

 

Namaskar people. This incident, although does not involve any hauntings or sightings, but still, gives me goosebumps when remembered.

This happened just the day after my maternal grandfather (nanaji) passed away. He, in his final days, used to live with us. He was very loving, although used to scold me sometimes. Just after his birthday, in the year 2014, his health began to deteriorate, and he passed away a few months later.

A few hours before he left us, my parents considered it appropriate to call my maushi (mom's sister) and other relatives who lived in distant cities.

And so it happened, that he actually passed away that night. My father would usually wake up after every 2 hours to see whether he needed something and check his health. He woke up around 2:30AM that night. When he found that his body was cold and he wasn't responding, my mom and grandparents (who live with us) were immediately called. My grandpa, and later the doctor confirmed the death.

The next day, my mother was unable to sleep and told us the next day that she was feeling really uneasy that night, as if there was someone else in the room apart from my aunts and her. As if someone was trying to communicate with her. We didn't pay much heed to that. But the next thing I noticed in the room where nanaji used to live, the wall clock had stopped working. It had an impeccable record until then of running continuously and was relatively new. We concluded that the clock must have stopped in the midnight, since it was working well in the afternoon.

The thing that was worth noticing was, the time on the clock being 2:10 when it stopped. When my uncle tried to check the clock, all of a sudden it started working. 2:10 must have been the time when nanaji passed away, since when my father checked him at 2:30, his body did have some warmth. Everyone in my family was of the opinion that he gave us an indication of the time of his death before leaving for heavenly abode.

I still get shivers while narrating this incident. Although, not out of fear, but due to the loving relationship he maintained with us. May his soul attain peace. Om Shanti.

Other hauntings by slim_shady

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, slim_shady, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-03)
Hi slim_shady, I am sorry for the loss of your grandfather. Some people have their way of communicating to their loved ones even after they pass on.

I feel that your granddad used the clock to communicate his time of death.

I still remember how my mom conveyed it to my dad, who was deaf, immediately after her death about her passing on. I shared it in one of my experiences.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
slim_shady (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-02)
Hello Sushantkar. Actually, he didn't tell us in advance, but after he died, as I believe. There might have been some misconception regarding the content and the narrative. Please check it again.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-01)
Namaskar to the author.

My condolences for the loss of your grandfather. May her soul rest in peace.
I think some people are aware of their coming death in some hours or say in days.
Some take it calmly and some do not.
Thanks for sharing it was a touching read.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: