You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It's Starring At Me

Real Ghost Stories

It's Starring At Me

 

Greetings to all readers. Its been a while since my last story. I have been so busy on work.

So, this time I would like to tell a story to what happened to me many years ago. I was 21. It was the weekend. I came back to my mom's from college to spend the weekend there. I can still remember like it just happened yesterday. To me, it's not particularly scary. But it still give an impact in my understanding in the other world.

It was the second day. I was tired from helping my mom the whole day. After dinner I went out to visit my old friends and hang out. I got back very late past midnight and went to bed. I felt too uneasy that night. After a few minutes of sleep, I felt like someone starring at me at the foot of my bed. I don't really want to look, so I force shut my eyes. After a while I still feel like someone's there. My room was very dark. Not even the moonlight comes in it.

I don't know what caused it but I really want to open my eyes and see who was it. I regret it fast. There, at my feet, on the bed, I saw something. A figure, in white dirty torn dress. Its hair messy and long reaching its feet. It's just sitting there staring at me. It was just a split second, but it was enough for me to know what's been bothering me that night. I quickly grab the blanket and cover my whole body and start praying that it will not harm me.

After a few minutes, I felt a relief sense like it has leaves. I got out from the blanket, and yes that thing has gone. I finally can go to sleep. I did not mentioned what happened to my parents, not until after few years ago. As a matter of fact, they told me the same happened to my late grandma also. It was her first time at my parent's house and that one time she sleeps in my room, she got so scared until she got sick after that night. She said that thing was trying to hurt her. She didn't want to come to our house again after that.

Well, after that, whenever I come back home, I would never sleep in the room. I would rather sleep outside with the mosquitoes.

It was only that one time, but that one time was the only time in my whole life that I could see "them" with my own eyes.

So glad that it didn't do any harm to me. Well, that's my story. Until next time. Thanks.

Other hauntings by BART43

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BART43, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BART43 (5 stories) (21 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-30)
Its been 20 years from the sighting. Nowadays I felt nothing from my old room. I'm married and whenever I go back, we will sleep in the same room. I told the story to the wife, now she's scared to be alone in there. Sometimes I told my niece who lived there with my parents and sometimes sleep in there to scares her off from sleeping in there.
chaos2 (10 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-16)
Nice story. As for me, I understood what you were trying to tell and I understand that you just wanted to share what you have experienced. You weren't necessarily seeking for help or advice, since it only happened to you once. To try and investigate the history of whatever, because of one or two paranormal experiences from different people and different times, might unecessarily stir something sinister that you may end up regreting. For now, just leave it at that. 😉
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-14)
There are slight variations among the Malay, Chinese and Indonesian folklore. The pontianak (kuntilanak) was said to be the ghost of a pregnant woman, preying on expectant women and their unborn babies out of jealousy, and taking revenge on men. They can change their appearance from an old to a beautiful young woman.

The city of Pontianak is named after this female ghost. Syarif Abdurrahman Alkadrie (1771­ - 1808), the first sultan of Pontianak was said to have been troubled by one. The Sultanate was established along the swamps of the west coast of Kalimantan (Borneo). The legends could be from the indigenous Dayak people, who were animalists and believed in nature spirits.
Http://www.indomagic.com/articles/mythology/folklore/kuntilanak-pontianak/
Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontianak_ (folklore)

The hantu langsuir is said to be the vampiric spirit of a woman who died in childbirth. The penanggalan can also appear as either an old or young woman; she can detach herself into a floating head trailing with unpleasant stuff.
Https://www.behance.net/gallery/30910965/Malay-Folklore-Ghost
Http://ossarchive.adm.ntu.edu.sg/2015-16/cchan006/index.html%3Fp=78.html

When I was recovering in a Singapore hospital in my 20s, the woman sleeping in the ward across the corridor woke us up yelling that she saw a pontianak. Whether it was her medication or a bad dream, her terror was real and it affected all of us. After that, even if it was only a white plastic bag stuck on a tree, I'd probably scream the place down too! 😨

My mother always got us to wash our feet when we came home to prevent us being "followed". We were also taught to pray for protection every night before going to sleep. What method did your father use to cleanse the room?

P.s. Remember we are in the Ghost Month, but if you wish to speak further, my contact details are on my profile page. 😉
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Hi BART43 - thanks for the additional information to your story. Since the woman has been seen by other people, it's possible that she has been around for a long time.

I'm glad to know she hasn't come back to your place after your father blessed the room, I hope she not only has stopped showing out at your place but has since gone to a better place.

I understand if you don't feel inclined "to get into this paranormal stuff", though fascinating it can be scary and not for everyone.

Your writing skills are great, I know how it is when writing something, sometimes a person remembers some little details when it is already too late to include them into a text. Fortunately the comments' section allows to provide whatever information was missing from a post.

Thanks for sharing.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Hi Bart,

Thanks for answering my questions and providing clarity. Since your neighbors and grandmother saw the same apparition, the hallucinations I mentioned previously wouldn't apply.

I understand what you mean about seeing or adjusting to the dark. I live in a very rural area and at night it's very dark (I love it though). If you are interested in finding out the identity of the woman, I would recommend researching the area's history. You mentioned a rubber plantation, so I'm sure there's more information to be found. 😊

I'm glad your father's blessing worked and you're able to visit home peacefully. 😊

Dee
BART43 (5 stories) (21 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Hi Jubelee.

Thanks for reading. Yes, as u may know, it probably is a pontianak. But sometimes I forgot and kind of mixed up between pontianak and langsuir. Which was it again?
Apparently, the same story spreads in the neighborhood. Maybe something baf happened there in the past. It was used to be rubber plantation before they opened the land for housing project.
My dad cleansed the room after I left. Never happened again.
I always thought that maybe I came across that thing on my way home and it followed me, cause it was very late at night. And it stayed there until the day I left house and it scared the hell out of my grandmother when she came to visit.
Anyway, thanks for reading.
BART43 (5 stories) (21 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Hi CuriousDee.

Thanks for reading. I'm sorry for the lack of information in writings. Again, this happened many years ago, so some of the details is in jumbles for me.
For the room, yes I said it was dark. My mom have boarded up the only window with wood planks. But whenever I sleep, there still a bit of light coming in from under the door. So I guess that's why I still could see stuff in the room. As u can see, my family used to lives in the village. So I guess I got trained to see even in pitch dark.
What I mean after a few minutes of sleep, I was saying that I was in half asleep mode. So if there s any disturbance, I would feel it and woke up. And I forgot that I felt there was something at my feet because I felt like hand with sharp nails rubbing my legs. That was when I opened my eyes and see the thing. I look at the thing for a few seconds and quickly cover up. Maybe it was the rush got me thinking that from the way the thing posed and looking at me from the foot of my bed, I knew it was staring at me for a while.
After what happened, I heard same stories about that thing from neighbours and friends. My next door neighbour got spooked by the same thing at 5 in the morning when she's on way to work.
But anyway, thanks for reading.
BART43 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Thanks lady-glow for having an interest in my story. I am sorry for the lack of information in my story. I'll try better on the next one. As for my mother, wether she had encountered anything else when she's alone in the house. And I think it's not something related to any furniture or items because the house was our 5th house. We move a lot because my father was in the army. And we don't have that problems before. Its a brand new house. But I learned that it used to be rubber plantation.
From what I heard from friends and neighbours, the story about the woman quite familiar on the neighborhood.
As far as I know, just me and my late grandmother who was in her 90s encountered the entity in the room. Maybe she thought the thing wanted to hurt her. Just once for each of us. So maybe I thought it just passing by our house once or twice. My father blessed the room after I left the house. Now me and my wife use the room again whenever we came back there.
Actually for me, I don't really want to get into this paranormal stuff. I just learn a bit for self protection purpose.
Again, thanks for reading. I will improve on my writings next time.thanks.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-12)
Hi Bart, apa kabar? This sounds like the Pontianak sightings that used to frighten us all in the past. They were said to be fond of troubling young expectant women. Since your grandma and yourself were troubled in that room, did your family do anything about it? Cleanse, prayers, blessings etc? It might be worth considering if your mom still lives there.

I don't know for sure what you saw but I remember those night terrors as a child. If your prayers helped you - then continue praying. It will help overcome your fears and keep you at peace. 😊
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-11)
Hi there Bart,

Interesting experience; the woman you saw sounds like something straight out of a horror movie. I second Lady-glow in needing additional information regarding your mother and the history of the house. I'm hoping you can clarify a few details for me?

You mentioned that your room was very dark and had no moonlight, so how did you see the apparition?

Also... "After a few minutes of sleep, I felt like someone starring at me at the foot of my bed."

Were you already asleep or just falling asleep? I was wondering if this was a typo as you wouldn't feel someone staring at you if asleep. 😜

Just an idea, but perhaps the woman was a sort of dream figment. If you had been sleeping and woken up, or were about to fall asleep, the brain and eyes can 'play tricks' on us. Especially if she appeared for a split second as you stated. There is also something called Hypnagogia and Hypnopompic hallucinations which can occur just prior to sleep or immediately upon waking. The term hallucination sounds scary, but it's basically images, feelings and sometimes physical craziness our brains produce close to sleep.

I'm glad you still helped your mom even though you had gone off to college. I hope my children do the same. 😊 Thanks for sharing.

Dee
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-11)
There's not enough information in your narrative as to understand what is going on.

For instance, it's not clear to me if your mother has experienced anything when she's home alone, or if the apparition limits her activity to scare the people sleeping in that room.
What do you know about the history of the house? Has anyone brought a 'new' (second hand) piece of furniture that could have some negative energy attached to it?
Would it be possible that the woman is an ancestor curious about the sleeping beauties in the room or, perhaps upset after seeing all of the work your mother has to do on her own?

The point is, it's hard to get to any conclusion about your experience based on the little information you have provided.

In my opinion, you are wasting the opportunity to learn more about the paranormal and, perhaps, help the woman to go to the next plane.

If too afraid to use your bed again, at least use some insect repellent... Are you aware that some mosquitoes carry harmful germs? 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: