You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bathing Princess

Real Ghost Stories

Bathing Princess

 

Greetings fellow readers.

It has been a long time since I wrote anything. I'm sorry but a lot happened. Me and my wife got new jobs. We adopted 4 kids. And I have just kind of forgotten to write. There are still a lot to tell. But for this time being I would just liked to tell a story that happened to my father when I was little.

This story will be a short and simple one. As my father told me, there were used to be an abandoned well at the back of my late grandmother house in the village. It has been abandoned since after the war in the early 70's. The condition of the well was like total deserted but there is still water coming out from it. The brick and stones around it have all been taken down and grandpa has been trying to cover it by filling it with dirt and soils. But to no avail, it would still be filled up with water. So, we decided to just let it be.

Now, my father used to take buckets of water from the abandoned well to wash his car every weekend morning. One day, in the foggiest morning ever, my father went as usual to the well. Just he was nearing the well, he heard the sound of women talking and giggling. He stopped and froze to his surprise he saw some shadows of womens, bathing in the well.

One of the lady started singing. Humming a song I mean. Hmmm...hmm...hmm...like that. My father got all scared and ran away into the house. Everyone was surprised.

He did not tell anyone about it for a week. He even got down with fever for a week. After he told my grandma, she laughed and laughed saying that's what happens when someone doesn't listen to her. Apparently, she has been warning my father not to go to the well or anywhere near it. She said that it has been the place where the Puteri Bunian (elves princess) liked to bath with her friends. It has always been like that. That's why grandpa was trying to seal it away.

After that my father never set foot near that place again. Everytime I bring this story up, my mom will laughed hard at him. Now it was all just a memory as that house was demolished after my grandparents died.

The end, and thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by BART43

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BART43, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jubeele (26 stories) (886 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-09-16)
Hi Bart,

Over the years, my family has shared many strange happenings as cautionary tales for our safety. Perhaps such accounts are handed down in families, gradually evolving into folklore and are thus preserved for the benefit of later generations.

I've read that the orang bunian are supernatural creatures akin to elves, the "hidden" or "whistling" people. They are not like jinn and generally do not have ill intent. There are stories where they have helped people like bomohs or shamans on spiritual quests.
Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orang_bunian
Https://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-malaysia-newsroom/orang-bunian-neighbours-supernatural-world-072037643.html

Since your grandpa tried to seal the well, what other things happened there in the past? It seems to me that your grandma was wise in her ways and "that's what happens when someone doesn't listen to her". Glad your father listened to her advice after that. A reminder to heed warnings regarding such matters and to be respectful with the spirits.

Thanks for sharing this experience with us. All the best to your family. 😊
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2019-07-31)
Hello Bart43,

I agree, some things are best left alone. Thank you for your reply.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
BART43 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-07-31)
Hi, Miandra.

Thanks for reading my story. No, I did not came back there often to ask around. As far as I remembered, there was nothing like that happened at the well. I have no intention to look in any further. I felt best to just leave it as a mystery...

Thanks.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-29)
Hello Bart43,

Are you able to find out from neighbours who still live in the area if there were any deaths or drownings in well?

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: