You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: I Don't Think I'm Alone Anymore

Real Ghost Stories

I Don't Think I'm Alone Anymore

 

Over the last couple of years I have started to experience possible paranormal activity in my home. So far it hasn't been anything that seems to be threatening but I've just been having more and more strange feelings and experiences. Since the last time I published a story on this site my security camera has caught a few more things that were strange, mostly in the form of weird lights and "orbs" moving around the room. Most of which I determined are most likely dust or reflections from passing vehicles but there have been a handful of them that I truly cannot explain.

Besides that I've been hearing more odd noises in my house at night. Anything from hearing footsteps in the hallway to hearing what sounds like a door being closed somewhere down the hall from the bedroom. But as usual when I go to investigate it I find nothing out of place and all the bedroom doors are still open.

But by far the strangest activity that has happened in the house happened just a couple days ago. A friend came over to my house to use my printer because his is broken. He was upstairs in my office while I was downstairs in the living room watching tv. When he came downstairs he stopped dead in his tracks and was just staring at me with a weird look on his face. I asked him why he was looking at me like that and he asked how I got downstairs. I told him I have been in the living room the entire time and I have no idea what he's talking about. He told me that just before he came back downstairs he saw someone quickly walk by the doorway to the office and into my bedroom, which is impossible since we were the only ones in the house at that time and for someone to get into the house they would have had to walk right past me in the living room. I asked him if it looked like me and he said he wasn't sure, he said the figure went by the door quite fast and he wasn't able to really make out any features. I should mention that my friend 100% does not believe in the paranormal and he still swears that I was messing with him which I absolutely was not.

If anyone is interested in looking at the video footage that has been caught by the security system the link to the latest video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2u7tpAs4Z0. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Is it just dust or some sort of insect or do you think there is more to it?

Other hauntings by Thor220

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thor220, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Thor220 (4 stories) (15 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-14)
Hi Cuddlebear! No offense taken! The reason the video is so dark is because this was captured at about 1:30am so all the lights were off and I was sleeping upstairs from this room. Therefore the camera was in IR mode.

It's a confusing video for me as well since I can find no solid explanations for whatever it is.

But I can say that I did not manipulate this clip in any way nor did I make any attempt to hoax this or dupe anyone.

It has me scratching my head... Lol
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-14)
I'm not sure what to make of this clip, let me say I'm extremely skeptical of things "paranormal" and I resist the temptation to say "if I can't explain it, it must be paranormal". I'm not I'm saying this is a hoax, so please take no offense.

I have a couple of observations about the image. First as it moves across the pool table and starts up the wall it appears to be opaque. As it moves up the wall it speeds up and becomes translucent as it grows in size. This last is consistent with a "cloud" of particulates that is dispersing over time, however I have no idea what would: 1 create such a cloud; and 2 cause such a motion in such a cloud.

I also observed that the image was not luminous.

That it changed direction and accelerated (against gravity) indicates that it (the image) is either self motivated or that it is being acted upon by external forces.

It would be interesting to see if you can capture this image from a different angle or in a more lit environment.

Very interesting...
Thor220 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-08-14)
Hey Augusta, I know what you mean. The main reason I got the camera is because I tend to be away from a lot so it was a way for me to check in on things and be sure that nobody broke in. Didn't really expect to catch anything like that lol.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-14)
The way that thing on the camera moves certainly is odd. It reminds me of a mime doing the staircase gag as though it's not so much forming out of the table but emerging from it like someone climbing a staircase. Very interesting!

I am too nervous to put a camera on our place... There are some things I don't think I need to see! 😲 😆
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-14)
Gotcha, that makes sense. I was wondering if it detected dust bunnies as movement. 😉 I'm glad you don't feel uncomfortable. Hopefully, it stays that way. Looking forward to your next video. 😊
Thor220 (4 stories) (15 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
It's just a Canary security camera that is motion activated. You can change the sensitivity settings on the camera from 1 to 10. 10 being extremely sensitive. I currently have it set to 4 but I'm not really sure exactly how sensitive that is lol. But generally it will pick up any movement that it sees but I have noticed that if a car passes by outside I doesn't set it off so it seems to only detect movement inside the house. As for feeling uncomfortable I can't say that I have ever felt unsafe or threatened by anything in my house. To me it almost seems like whatever it is just sort of does it's own thing and for the most part doesn't interact with me at all.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Thor,

Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it. Wow, that was a 10 second clip? That definitely makes for compelling evidence. It's strange how the shape forms on the pool table and appears to become denser and change shape as it moves upwards.

So the camera only records when activity is detected? How sensitive is it in regards to what it records? Sounds like an awesome camera. 😊

As for the activity in your house... Do you or your family feel uneasy or uncomfortable at all? If so, you might want to consider doing a cleansing. There is a member here who has a method that has been used successfully by many people. Here's a link to his profile (scroll down to Rook's Cleansing and Shielding Method):

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

All the best 😊
Dee
Thor220 (4 stories) (15 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Hi Dee, there is a window over to the left of the frame sort of behind the couch. The video was not time lapsed however, that is just a 10 second long recording of what it caught, it only records when it sees something. But I have always noticed the reflection on that picture in the videos and I think it is a reflection of the IR beam from the camera. That window also has blinds on it that are always closed, they don't completely block out the outside light but they keep the room fairly dark so I'm not really sure if much light passes through them or not but it is a possibility. 😊
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Hey there Thor,

Definitely a cool video with interesting footage. 😊 I watched it a few times and the only alternative explanation I can think of is some sort of light coming through the window (?) and reflecting off the picture above the pool table.

Is there a window behind/near the pool table (to the camera's left)? I see a light reflection on the picture that's on the wall, above the pool table. Just a thought anyway.

I'm assuming the video is time lapsed; how many hours were recorded?

Thanks for sharing a thought provoking account. Looking forward to your response. 😊

Dee
Thor220 (4 stories) (15 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Thanks for all the comments guys! Maybe I will try moving the camera tonight and leave it there for the next week or so and see if it catches anything. Perhaps putting it in my office looking into the hallway where he saw the figure walk by...
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Thor - me neither! Please do update if you get more. This is much better than the terrible "footage" from shows like Most Haunted (eye roll). I agree about maybe rotating the locations... Interesting stuff, especially combined with your story. Thanks for sharing!
bielli83 (5 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Thor - those cams are not cheap. Maybe consider alternating the locations - 3 days in current spot, 3 days upstairs hallway, etc. If anything else turns up, please post updates and I'll be sure to check out your YT channel.
Thor220 (4 stories) (15 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Hi there Cups! I'm the same way. I usually don't put a whole lot of stock into the whole orb thing but that clip in particular seemed very strange to me. Hopefully I can catch more footage of whatever it might be.
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
SUPER cool video! I don't think I've seen anything quite like that before... I've seen a lot of "orb" claims, but they just aren't credible to me. This looks like a goodie - I'd also like to hear what others have to say!
Thor220 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Hello bielli! That's what I was thinking too, it just doesn't look like dust to me and the way it forms out of the pool table definitely struck me as being odd. I still have the camera in the same spot and have no plans to move it. As for putting another camera in the hallway upstairs I've also been thinking about that as well! Just trying to decide what my best option is since the Canary cameras are fairly expensive lol.
bielli83 (5 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Interesting video! The small dots that quickly dart by are dust. But the large orb-like object is definitely odd. It simply appears right out of the center of your pool table, which is carpet so its not a reflective surface. Additionally, it seems to change shape as it moves up towards the ceiling, which I can't see how dust can make an effect like this. It also doesn't seem to be any sort of insect either. I am not a video expert, but this is a cool video and I'd be interested to hear what others with more video analysis experience have to say about it.

I would leave the camera there and continue to monitor it. Also, if possible, maybe you can put an additional camera in the hallway upstairs, in the area where your friend thought they saw somebody.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: