You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Weird Elevator

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Elevator

 

I would just like to share my experience coming not so early in the morning in my workplace. Now, it leads to confusion. Since my workplace is located at the 2nd floor of the building and many stairs to pass through, I am using the elevator instead of using the stairs to go there.

Whenever I could finally step inside the building, I could notice that the elevator is stuck at the 2nd floor. You can see in the position indicator of the elevator is on the 2nd floor. Since there are two elevators, either of it you can use them. Both of them are positioned in the 2nd floor.

Before I could reach the up button, the elevator position indicator started moving. So, the elevator is moving downward. For me, I thought someone used the elevator to reach the ground floor (from where I'm at). I decided to press the up button. Until the elevator reached the ground floor, it's door opened and no one came out. That was weird.

It always happen every time I'm the only one to use the elevator.

I just don't know who might press the down button from the 2nd floor to reach the ground floor.

While I was inside, I feel like I was not alone. But when I reached the floor where I am going, exiting the elevator, it's very dark in the depository counter (because my workplace is a library, that's why there's a depository counter), no one was there either and it feels like someone's looking at me and following me.

Did that ghost or what, just know that I'm going to use the elevator each time I enter the building every morning so he helped me press the down button for me to be able to use it? Ha ha!

Thanks to him if that's the case.

I'm just getting confused of it.

I admit that I can't see things that others can see.

But I just want to know if a ghost did that for me.

Just don't know how.

Thank you, YGS!

More power to you.

Other hauntings by eloisa28

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eloisa28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BettinaMarie (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-08-17)
eloisa28- I thoroughly enjoyed your story. Thank you for sharing, and being open for comments, because I find them very helpful. I can relate to the weird feelings when this elevator is "acting weird" all the time, with no explaination.

Has anyone you know at your library had odd or repetitive ocurrences like yours?

I hope you find a way to settle this for your mind and workspace comfort. My own tough girl front was to jokingly act as if there was a bell hop or whatever they called the elevator operators back in the day.

I especially appreciate the mechanical information in these responses-thank you KindlyRefrain and Biblio. I never thought to keep a log of my own experiences. Though the evidence pointed otherwise, I have preferred, per superstition, to pretend in my head it was random and/or mechanical.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-17)
Thanks to Cuddlebear and Biblio for the elevator information. I remember learning something about elevators having a default or home setting, and you both explained it so well.

- Dee
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-08-17)
I'll third the welcome cheers for Biblio! Your comments are always so fascinating and you are always missed when you are gone!

The infrasound phenomenon is fascinating! I had never heard of such a thing before but it makes a lot of sense and sent me down a bit of a research rabbit hole since its physiological effects are so very similar to that of EMFs. So I wondered if they too could be causing havoc here and, as it turns out, elevators are choc-full'o' EMFs too! Not only does the apparatus itself generate high levels of them but the structure of the box amplifies them when you are inside and amplifies those put off by your cell phone.

Https://www.10news.com/news/did-elevator-contribute-to-woman-s-breast-cancer-

Https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/40235/do-elevators-increase-radiation-from-cell-phone-use

So between infrasound and EMFs, it's a wonder we don't all stumble off elevators gibbering vomiting wrecks! (Think: "What About Bob") And when one factors in the "home" setting many elevators are equipped with - this all starts to make sense.

However, just because a logical earthly explanation makes sense it doesn't mean that the paranormal one is necessarily wrong - it makes sense too. I think the only way to decide one way or the other is to research. I second Biblio's recommendation to keep a journal and keep track of the rumors you hear. Also, might as well take advantage of the fact that you are in a library to do some research on the building, location and immediate area - perhaps you can find evidence there to support the paranormal explanation.

Happy hunting 😊 And keep us posted!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-16)
Biblio - I join my (not very pleasant) singing voice to Melda's:

🎶 Please come back more often
Please, pleaaaase!🎶

Eloisa - It must be unnerving to ride that elevator but, after reading the comments, it's a relief to know that there are other possible explanations other than the paranormal.

Thanks for sharing.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-08-16)
Biblio - I did leave a comment for Eloisa a few days ago so I hope she won't mind if I respond to you.

I know that I can say with absolute certainty that I am not the only one who misses you on this site. I personally miss your wisdom, your wit and your well constructed and sensible comments.

Please come back more often, PLEASE?!

Regards, Melda
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+6
6 years ago (2018-08-16)
Greetings, Eloisa.

I agree with cuddlebear on this. Elevators are often set to return to the bottom of the shaft, or the main lobby level, as a "default" position if they are empty for 5 minutes or more. This is for general maintenance & safety, not to mention convenience for more people arriving.

That said, I do know that there are people who have adverse effects on technologies (SLIders). My dad has always sent his wristwatches backward; when I drive anywhere, four out of every five traffic lights are red, instead of the typical 50% that people tell me they experience. It's not necessarily a spirit in these cases, more along the lines of "I just *knew* this would happen!" Back to my main point...

Elevators generate a lot of sound, especially older elevators. People have reported feeling watched or 'not alone' due to infra-sound; it's too low to hear it, but you can feel it through your skeleton. Your brain takes this information and tells you that someone is present making the vibrations, while your eyes & ears are telling your brain that no-one is there; this confusion of sensory details may create nausea, stress, or panic reactions in the normal human brain.

While the students' sightings of a small boy are interesting, they may also be legends along the lines of "a friend of a friend told me that this guy saw..." with the details of the event obscured and confused by repetitions. However, if many people report the same phenomenon, try to keep track in a journal or diary of who told you (just "age & gender" "Faculty, male" "Student, female) " and -most important- the *time* the sighting occurred (11:30 pm; 11:20 pm, etc.).

If there is more to add to this narrative after a few weeks of making note of the time, or if you see the young boy yourself, PLEASE let us know about it!

Take care,
Biblio.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+5
6 years ago (2018-08-16)
Some elevators are programmed to "home", head to ground floor, especially around starting times in offices, when it's more likely that will going up from the ground floor than in any other direction.

I don't know how sophisticated your system is...
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-16)
Ok that's pure horror. Pinoy here. It's nice seeing other Pinoy in this website 😁

Z ❤ ❤ ❤
eloisa28 (6 stories) (25 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-14)
Thank you all for sharing your experiences about elevators. I appreciate them very much.

Actually, before I could get nearer from that elevator it started moving downward. Sometimes, I feel like I'm really not alone. In my peripheral vision, even though I can't see no one, but I know there is someone. I wish that the elevator moves faster.

Some students posted in one of the social media some experiences they see from 2nd floor in our building where the library is located at. They share that they would notice a boy (like 7 years old in his age) near the elevators at night. I don't think if he's that someone inside the elevator with me or the one who press the button.

Anyway, thanks for his help picking me up using the elevator.

Thank you guys for reading.
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+8
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Hi eloisa28, I am not an elevator technician but do work with electrical devices and sensors in my profession.

I am not saying that you did not experience a paranormal occurrence but I have had NPEs (near push-button events) at elevators myself.

If the push-button to call the elevator is of the capacitive type (it does not actually move when you push it) it can sometimes actuate while you are only close to it with your finger or other body part and not actually touching it. I have had this happen many times from several inches away.

Perhaps you were not this close to it at all or it was a different style of push-button and something odd is happening but I thought I would toss this into the arena for consideration.
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
When I read the tittle weird elevator I thought it was going to be a creepy story on the elevator game. Gosh I love hearing those stories and how they fascinate me.

Well in regards to your experience I think something could've been with you. In my whole life using elevators I have never experienced any weird elevator happenings. Plus I think that sometimes we just sense things when you know something is just not right. Like you can go to a place and fell ahhh this place has good energies it's calm and you feel fine. And there are others where you can just feel that something is there and you can't quite figure it out and little things happen here and there put you still can't put a finger on it, well I think this is one of those things.

Honestly if you have the feeling of not being alone and your not just scaring your self then most probably there was someone there with you. Good luck next time your on that elevator just tell it to leave you alone.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
eloisa - You say you felt you were not alone. It's very possible that you were not and I've heard of and read many scary elevator stories. So far be it from me to say that there was not "something" in there with you.

I spent ten years working for attorneys in the middle of the city of Pretoria, on the fifth floor. There were elevators at the back of the building and in the front. It happened so many times that I got stuck in there, all on my own. I had special working hours - they accommodated me because of my three children. I started work between 06:30 and 06:45, obviously mornings, until 14:00 (afternoon).

I would get into one of the elevators at the front of the building and it would go dark and just hang there until I made enough noise for the security guards to do their thing and sort it out.

I then used the elevators at the back of the building - same thing. Did I feel alone? Yes, very, I suffer from claustrophobia and am not crazy about being in small dark spaces on my own.

Was there a ghost trying to scare me? Maybe. I didn't know and didn't care because for the rest of the years that I worked for that firm I trudged up and down those stairs every single day 😁

Needless to say I became rather skinny 😊

Regards, Melda
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-12)
One does not expect this sort of behavior from an elevator, yet I've also experienced it in the library at Syracuse University. I walk into the elevator lobby, reach for the call button but not touch it and a door would open. At first, I thought that someone thought to get to the floor I was on but changed their mind. Later, I was less sure, but went with that theory anyway.

But I was never in the library during the off hours when it is closed to students but not the staff who work there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: