You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Cold Middle Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Cold Middle Room

 

I moved to a small town at the age of 15. My mother had remarried to a very great man. Relocating in the middle of my sophomore year in high school was traumatic to say the least. A new town, new school, new job and the dreaded new "house", at 411 Clarke Street. Mind you, I lived in very small house, before moving into a two story brick house. This was "great" I thought, I finally got to have my own bedroom.

I picked the center bedroom upstairs between my sister's room to the right and my parent's bedroom to the left. My brother slept downstairs. We moved into this house in the middle of December in 1983. A large two story brick house, with four bedrooms, a living room, kitchen and 1 1/2 baths and basement.

When you walked in the front door you entered into the largest room in the house, the living room. At the south end of the living room was a closet, for storage. Although at this time of the year it was extremely cold outside, this closet was the coldest room in this house. This room remained freezing cold all year long. This type of cold, was a bone chilling, cold. I can still feel the sensation from that room after moving out over 20 years ago.

I remember my room, with plain tan paneled walls, and a single window and closet that connected mine and my sister's rooms together. Boring for the most. My bedroom was located upstairs, in the center of the house.

It was the summer of 1984, I had a black and white T.V., I can remember it was a Friday night, I had stayed home. Many of the kid's in our hometown always partied on the weekends. I chose to stay home this particular weekend. I can remember this quite vividly, because my Mom would get after me to "quit sleeping all the time" and "go out and do something"!

I had fallen asleep with the light off in my room, watching MTV. I remember the light from the T.V., was quite bright as my room was the smallest bedroom in the house. The video playing on the T.V., was "Sister Christian" by NIGHTRANGER. I was awoken for some unknown reason. At this time I remember opening my eyes. I could not breathe, I could not move. Looming over my bed was the darkest, most massive, black unknown form, I ever encountered. I remember the air in the room was like a vacuum, there wasn't any air. I could not catch my breath. My body felt like it was strapped down on this bed. I knew at this time that I needed to move and, move fast.

I made myself set up in bed. I turned to the right setting on the edge of the bed, and began to have projectile vomiting of something red. Mind you, I had not had anything to eat, or drink that day before going bed, that had any type of red food coloring in it.

By this time, I was screaming and my MOM had ran in the room just "freaking out", wandering what was wrong with me. So, I had tried to explain my story to her. "This woman", if you can believe it, discounted my story and accused me of sneaking out of the house and going out to get drunk with my friend's.

Much to her dismay I had not left the house. My Sister was a witness for me on this, as she had been out that Friday night. I never slept in that room again. I moved to the bedroom downstairs the next day. I never even entered that room again. I graduated in 1986 and moved away.

Many strange occurrences continued to happen inside this home until I moved away in 1986. The house still remains there, although it has deteriorated some. Many stories from different people who weren't even born at that time, continue to come from this house.

I have moved back to the area and, my local beauty salon is next door. Each time I go to have my hair cut, I always look up to that bedroom window.

My beautician has told me a disturbing fact. When the town was founded, the local cemetery once existed where these houses now stand. The cemetery has since been excavated and all graves relocated outside of town. My old house and, my beauticians house set right in this general location.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blusasafrss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
If you have insisted that you "Didn't eat or drink anything on that day that had red coloring" Then how could you vomit red? How did you vomit? What from? So many questions. Answer back please 😊
But if yo--- Never mind. Anyways - the figure must have squeezed your belly and you must have vomited blood, you know if you get bashed, all blood comes out of your mouth, because who bashed you punched your belly? Like that the figure did. Maybe different - But for now - Stick to that.
😊
penguinluverS (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
Being on a cemeitary could have left some negative energy. That was very nasty about the throwing up part, but it could have been somthing you ate earlier in the day.

Thanks for sharing,

God bless you!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-28)
I thought stomach bile was a yellow color? I don't vomit black. If you vomit black wouldn't that mean there is blood in your stomach. The stomach would make blood turn a black color.

bluasafrss~ Did you eat or drink anything red that day? I know that babies can eat certain colored foods like red and make their poop red or vomit red if they drank a red juice or something like that.

Shelby
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
From what I have gathered from all my research is that little activity is attributed to graveyards. Spirits tend to haunt the last place they were alive not the place where they were buried. On the other hand when a whole graveyard is moved there could be some backlash to this. I go along with the sleep paralysis explanation with the feeling of being held down. That's a classic symptom. Why you vomited something red colored is a mystery to me unless it was stomach bile and that is usually black in color which I guess could be mistaken for a dark red. Still with all the other things going on in the house you may well have had a true haunting spirit present.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
I never have experience anything like this. But with the house being build on top of the area where there once was a grave yard. Maybe all the bones and things of the people burried their were not moved, or had turned to dust and could not be moved, So these restless spirits were upset about there place of eternal sleep was disturbed.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
How very sad. Every so often I hear of these stories where whole communities are build over someones final resting place. So much for it being final. I think if it were me that I would tend to get a bit riled up too, and go out to join in the pacing of the field. What are people truly thinking of when they classify it all under the word of progress?
While this does sound like a classic case of Sleep Paralysis, I do not think that was the whole of your problem in that room. I think you may have had an episode, but that there were entities roaming the home also. But I do not think you were harmed be one of them. I think THIS recount could have been S.P.
Thank you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-26)
Hi blusasafrss. I'm kind of iffy on the sleep paralysis, especially if there have been that many reports of strange occurrences in that house. As mustang suggested, the moved cemetery could be the cause of the activity. Even if they did move the bodies, it was the final resting place for many and the spirits might not have liked being moved. As for the cemetery, creepy. That could very well be the reason for the activity that's been going on. At least you're out of there. One question- does the hairdresser have anything to tell about her house, since hers is on the same property? Thanks for sharing your story. I enjoyed it.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Hello blusasafrss. I agree with both Kim and FRAWIN on the sleep paralysis. I would also like to add that during this state, of sleep paralysis, it can make you see and feel things that aren't really there. Look up sleep paralysis and you'll see what we are talking about. Either way, that sounds very scary. If the homes were built on top of an old cemetary, even though the graves were excavated and moved elsewhere, or maybe that's what they had people thinking. Then that would be pretty good grounds for a haunting. Maybe they let everyone think they moved the bodies but left them and only moved the gravestones! That's something to think about! Thanks for sharing your story.

Shelby ❤ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Hi blusasafrss. From what you describe it sounds like a case of sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis can take a lot out of you(no pun intended). The major emotion involved in sleep paralysis is fear and extreme fear can make you sick, even to the point of vomiting. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-25)
Being on the grounds of the old cemetary certainly could have left some energy on the land, and thus into the house, or you could have experienced sleep paralysis. Fighting your way out if sleep paralysis may have been what caused you to be sick to your stomach and throw up.

Thank yiou for sharing your story,

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: