You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Anger Of A Dark Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Anger Of A Dark Entity

 

This happened in 2016

In 2006 I lost a sister to cancer. She's buried in my hometown of Mishawaka in a cemetery called Fairview.

Now I've had things happen here before. But this cemetery isn't where this activity takes place. Across the street there's another cemetery. An old Catholic cemetery.

Whenever we had gone to my sister's grave, my one friend always felt like she felt a force pulling her to the Catholic cemetery across the street. We had never gone. Until one day we decided to explore it. Now me and my friends like to go on our own ghost hunts in the area and we've had a ton of things happen. But those are stories for another day.

It was a cloudy day. I don't remember the exact day or time but it was in the afternoon.

We were exploring the cemetery my sister is buried in when my friend (We'll call her lisa), felt the feeling she always felt whenever she went there. So we decided to go over and check things out. Little did we know of the chain of events that were about to take place.

It was 5 of us at the time, We walked into the entrance and didn't feel a thing. Then I saw a fence with an open gate that went back even farther to some of the older graves. We go in and instantly we feel something heavy. Everyone's worried but we press on.

My stupid self at one point said I would hold off whatever would or could come while they ran. That was the start.

We were walking around exploring when I walk past this stone mausoleum. I could feel something trying to communicate with me but I shook it off.

I tell my friends what happened and they all head over to look at it. There was a small hole in the door.

My friends decide to look in. Nothing happens. But then I look in. I feel then get pushed back by a wave of energy.

I then get a bad feeling and we start to leave. As were leaving we look through the fence to see a tall shadow figure standing next to the mausoleum. We stop for a second and stare in awe.

Now one of my friends with us can read auras. Certain colors tell what that person or thing is feeling.

This one's aura was blood red. It was pissed off. It starts to walk toward us. We start running to the entrance scared.

The thing is though, I'm pretty sure it projected it's feelings onto me because I could feel its anger. The more mad it got the more mad I got.

It got to a point where I was cursing under my breath telling it to leave us alone. At one point I was about to go back and confront it. Thankfully my friend stopped me and we continued running.

We were parked in the cemetery called Fairview across the street. We run out of the Catholic cemetery to Fairview and the figure actually follows us out. We run into the entrance of Fairview. It tries to enter but something is keeping it out. We get into the car and book it out of there. As we drive I see the figure just staring us down.

To this day I have no clue what thing could have been. I have never felt anger like that before. And I've been to that cemetery a few times since then. It has never popped back up. Did we disturb something's slumber? Or was something there toying with us?

All I know is it's something I'll never forget.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarkCloudVA, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarkCloudVA (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-10-18)
Alittle late here... But better late than never I guess
I know a lot of you are confused by the aura, And trust me, even years later I still am
[at] Aporetic You say this account seems familar, As in you've heard it before or something simmlar?
[at] RCRuskin It was the cemetary at first. The Mausoleum itself didn't really have any feeling until we got there and stayed abit
[at] Valikiricry Honestly me neither. I do like that explanation you gave out though. Sounds very plausible.
I feel like what I saw couldve been a demon as well
DarkCloudVA (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-12)
Also Val thank you for putting that information out there. I actually didn't know any of that.
I was honestly just going off what my friend was telling me. I could see the second explnation being true that you brought up.
DarkCloudVA (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-12)
*Peace
Just realized I spelled that wrong in the comment. Haha it's been a long day
DarkCloudVA (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-12)
For abit of explanation on the friend.
I actually don't know if anything did happen with her. She never mentioned anything to us and I never notied anything with her. So that I actually don't know.

RCRuskin- I think it was the cemetery itself that had drawn her over. The Mausoleum itself drew my attention. I honestly wish I knew more about all of this

Haven- Yeah i'm thinking it was either a spirit pulling us over and the figure being upset, Or the figure itself drawing us over for some darker reason. It's still a mystery to this day. I've gone back plenty of times since then and nothing like that has ever happened again.
As for the feeling of communication... It was like I could hear a faint voice in my mind but I couldn't make out the words. If that makes any sense. It was my first time experiencing something like that.

Thank you all for the condolences by the way. I know she's is at piece now. That's a story for another time though.
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-10)
Greetings, valkricry

Thank you for the information - dead body aura makes sense when one takes into account residual energy. Great explanation and article. Much appreciated.

So much to learn, and it just gets better and 'betterer'

Regards
Apo
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-10)
Hi DarkCloud - you wrote, "I could feel something trying to communicate with me but I shook it off", are you able to communicate with spirits, or was this a new feeling for you? Just out of curiosity, how does it feel when a spirit wants to communicate with you?

I find it interesting that this spirit was pulling you towards the cemetery only to seem angry and chase you out. Maybe it was a different spirit drawing you there and this one intervened and was angry you were there?

Sorry for your loss.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-10)
Hello DarkCloud,

Your friend was being pulled to the Catholic cemetery, besides you, did she also felt anything there?
Sorry for asking this, but it seems odd that she had such urge to go there and then not experiencing anything other than the shadow being (which everybody saw).

Val, thanks for the explanation. 😊 ❤

Thank you for sharing.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-09)
Hello Valkricry,

Your comment was very interesting. I never knew all that. There's so much to know. Thank goodness for this community. I'm learning a lot.

Thank you for the link.
😘 ❤ 😘
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
+6
6 years ago (2018-09-09)
"The scientific name for an aura is "bio-plasma field", which is the electromagnetic field, or energy body, emitted by all living things. (In physics, plasma is the 4th state of matter comprised of streams of ionized particles.) " http://aurareadings.com/aura-facts--questions.html
From the same article: " Scientists have found some interesting things. For example, an organism's aura reflects the general shape of its body. If a limb is amputated, the aura around the limb remains for a long time, as if the limb were still there. This may account for how some clairvoyants are able to find dead bodies by attuning to the body's residual aura. "
Naturally one would assume the dead (being specters) would have no aura, except for maybe a slight glow to them - a residual of their living aura. HOWEVER, as with many things paranormal, I have heard some argue the other side of the fence, that they do. This may have something to do with the length of time they've been spirits.
Having said all that, I've never ever heard of a shadow being have an aura.
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-09)
My apologies, a correction is needed in my comment.

Correction: logically, NO colour.
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-09)
Greetings, DarkCloudVA

My condolences on your loss.

I'm not even close to being knowledgeable about auras, chakras and the likes, but I've read that an aura is also referred to as a 'human energy field', and shadow people as a 'black mass' - black being indicative of a lack of light and logically colour - hence I'm also confused by this narrative.

There is something vaguely familiar about this account, something niggling at my memory bank.

Hope you grace us with your presence and shed some light on this encounter.

Regards
Apo
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-09)
May your sister's Memory be eternal.

I would love to know more, DarkCloud, though I don't know if you'd know either. If that makes any sense? It made more sense in my head before I typed it out...

Your friend felt drawn to the cemetery across the street. Were they drawn to the mausoleum specifically or was it just the cemetery in a general sense and then the mausoleum drew your attention?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-09)
I didn't know dead people/shadows have an aura. 😕

I'm sorry for your loss.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: