You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Small Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Small Experience

 

My house is very old, I'm talking 1930-ish and ever since I was little, I always had the feeling there was something in the basement.

I would lock the basement every time it was unlocked, it was my way of 'keeping the ghosts in'. I never experienced anything in this house, except for the creaking of the floor and some noises downstairs, but I always thought it was because of the wind or just because it was an old house.

Now the experience I'm going to share is not exactly a 'big' one, but it was my first experience whatsoever, so I just want to share it on here.

I was about 18 at the time and my then boyfriend was leaving my house, so I left through the front door and kept it open, so I could go back inside easily, because I was home alone at the time and my key was inside. Let me give you a small description of what the scene looks like.

So if my front door is open, you can see right into the hallway, which has the stairs on the left and in the back the door to the toilet.

Next to the toilet is the door to the basement.

I was waving my boyfriend goodbye and I went back inside.

When I closed the door, I heard a sound as if the water was running somewhere.

I turned around and I saw that the door to the toilet was wide open. At first I thought my mom had come home so I called out 'Mom?' in the direction of the toilet, but there was no answer.

So I walked to the toilet slowly and saw the faucet running on full speed and the light was on.

I didn't think much of it, besides what the hell is happening, so I turned everything off and closed the door.

I spoke to my boyfriend about it and he said; he saw the door opening slowly when he was leaving, but he didn't want to scare me, so he didn't say anything about it.

Now I really believe in ghosts and demons, I find it really interesting. That's why I joined this website.

Let me know what you thought of my story, I know it isn't a big deal maybe, but it's always on my mind, trying to explain to myself that there must be a logical explanation.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bewitching20, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-10)
Hi Bewitching20,

Not cool your boyfriend leaving suspecting something wasn't quite right... Either way, he might have thought it was "nothing" so can give him some credit. 😉

I'd like to second the questions made by Lady-glow, Melda and Rex-t. Trully appreciate if you could answer them.

Thank you for sharing. ❤
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-10)
Dear Melda,

I think the trolls didn't realise that they're not messing with 1 or 2 members only. They mess with all YGS community, we'll catch them, don't worry. We are strong together! 😉 ❤
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-10)
lady-glow - You got down-voted on your comment to me 😠 I've removed it. It seems that somebody really has got it in for the two of us. I've been ignored for a while but my turn will surely come around again.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-10)
Melda - on a second thought, perhaps the boyfriend got too scared seeing the washroom door opening and felt the need to soil his pants, but he was, understandably, too afraid to use that bathroom and 'had to go' somewhere else, leaving in a hurry and with no time for explanations. 😕
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-10)
Bewitching20, interesting story. Thanks for sharing it. I wonder if your boyfriend had other experiences in your house that he didn't tell you so you wouldn't be frightened. Could be why he wasn't worried about leaving after seeing the bathroom door open. Anyone else have an experience there?
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-09)
Oh! My! Straight! Hair! Just! Went! Frizzy!

Greetings, Bewitching20

I can't believe he left you to deal with whatever he thought was in your home. One of two things could explain the reason for the door swinging open. A draft from the front door being opened? Or a ghostie.

I hope you dumped that lame brain, and perhaps the ghostie was meant to show you what a godawful person that boyfriend is.

Regards
Apo
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-09)
Bewitching,

Welcome to YGS.

Sometimes the seemingly insignificant experiences draw the most interest and inevitable questions, so be prepared for some potential homework!

I certainly agree with lady-glow and Melda about your (at that time) boyfriend's reaction. Embarrassing!

One would hope that, on reflection, he would do things a bit differently next time - like try and get you out of the house until 'the coast was clear'.

The house being built pre-WW2 does also make me wonder if it has 'history'?

Rex-T
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-09)
lady-glow - I just have to tell you this.

When I replied to the OP the thought crossed my mind "LG is going to come up with a similar response".

Ha-ha Bewitched - I'm glad he's now your ex!

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+5
6 years ago (2018-09-09)
Bewitching - I'd have been rather annoyed with my boyfriend if he'd noticed the toilet door opening and just went merrily on his way. I'm not so sure that he didn't want to scare you, I think he was scared himself! The occupant might have been human which, in my opinion, is a lot scarier 😨

Did the ghost confine itself to the basement after that incident?

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-09)
WHAT!?!?!

"he saw the door opening slowly when he was leaving, but he didn't want to scare me, so he didn't say anything about it."

So, he decided to leave you alone with whatever it was in your house?!?! 😠

Bewitched20 - welcome to YGS.
Though a small experience, you got proof that there was someone or something else sharing the house with your family.

Did you experience anything else? Do you know the history of the house?

If the activity continues, perhaps you would like to perform a cleansing or a blessing of the place according to your religious beliefs.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: