You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Family... Or Not?

Real Ghost Stories

My Family... Or Not?

 

Dear readers!

I am a regular reader of this site. I always got fascinated by horror stories. So, I decided to post my own one.

This happened few months ago.

My uncle, aunt and my cousins had gone to a relative's. I live with my cousins as here in Haryana, good educational opportunities are available.

So, back to the story, My guardians had to return the same night pretty late. I decided to sleep early around 9:30 P.M. As it was my exam next day.

Around 12 or 1 A.M., I woke up, but lazily did not open my eyes. I heard opening of doors, taps, even of my room. The temperature around me dropped. I pulled my blanket up to my neck and pretended as if I was sleeping. I also felt a presence in the room the whole time. Thinking it would be my guardians, I did not bother looking who is it.

Next, I had a dream that my home had became a club, and ghosts were dancing in my house. I know, that sounds funny. I asked someone what was happening, it replied that they were partying in my home. I got pretty scared that moment. Next, I remember waking up at 6, due to my alarm.

I saw that gates were locked from inside. I thought that my guardians would have closed it. I went into their rooms. Surprisingly, it was empty. They were not in the home. I thought they had gone for a walk, then suddenly I remembered that the gates were closed from inside. This creeped me out.

I picked up my phone to call my parents, but I got so surprised that I had received a message from my aunt around 10 P.M. That she would come the following day.

I really freaked out and remembered about last night. That presence, sound of taps, doors. I opened my gate and ran to my neighbour's house with my school clothes. I went to school, and after I came home, my guardians had arrived and I told them the whole incident about the previous night. They did not believe me.

I hope you all will.

Really thanks of you for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AK24573, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pavi300 (2 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-06)
Hi AK even I have seen a same dream like this and got terrified because there were just the normal people in the dream at first whom I knew as well but after some time they turned themselves into actual demons and I was like awake at 2 am in the night and couldn't sleep at all until the next day.
AK24573 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-23)
CuriousDee
No, I still get an eerie feelings and a presence when there is nobody in house except me.
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-22)
I agree with CuriousDee. Could be caused by stress. I was trying to sleep and I could still hear the session in the House of Representatives and seeing all the bills I had to read because it is stressing me out. Not funny if the Congress folks are ghosts.

I think, Bodi-Gundamma, it's a matter of translation or a cultural thing (re: pretending to sleep). But I'm sure he could answer that one. As for any paranormal, if true, a cleansing should be arranged. It's not your family and your aunt already answered that.

Good thing they weren't robbers though and I hope your guardians believe you as we have. It's just a matter of finding out what caused such phenomenon.

Cheers,

Amor
Vinayak16 (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-22)
Hello there AK24573

I want to ask you a simple question. You pulled up the covers because it was cold there but then why did you pretend to sleep if you thought the presence you felt were your guardians? Do you have some problems with your guardians that you pretend sleeping while they're in?

Would love if I get a reply and an explanation to my question as I'm really confused.

Thanks
Vinayak
Bodi-Gundamma (1 stories) (21 posts)
-2
6 years ago (2018-09-21)
Hello Dear, Why were you pretending to sleep? 😨
Sleep when you need to sleep and pretend when you need to. This story what you are trying to convey, is this real?
🤔 🤔
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-21)
Hi AK24573,

Thank you for sharing.

My first impression is that the power of suggestion was on the works, or like Dee mentioned Hypnagogia.

Sushant has asked some very convenient questions, which I'd also like to have the answers.

Looking forward to your reply.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-19)
Ok..."The temperature around me dropped. I pulled my blanket up to my neck and pretended as if I was sleeping", please clear why you were pretending of sleeping? Is there are any possibility that out of your fascination, you already made things up in your mind that you were haunted?
I have lots of doubts regarding your submission which I will illustrate if you answer my questions.

Regards
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-19)
AK - in my opinion, there's not enough information in your narrative as to decide if you were only dreaming or if something else happened.

Did you lock the gates before going to bed? Do the gates lock only from the inside of the house? 😕

Whatever the case, you were lucky, if a stranger broke into the house they didn't take anything; if a crowd of ghosts had a party, they were decent enough as to clean up after themselves... Otherwise you would have been blamed for the mess. 😠
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-19)
Greetings AK24573,

Welcome to YGS. I'm a bit confused regarding your title (My Family... Or Not"). It sounds like you checked to see if your family/guardians were responsible for the noises? Are you still wondering if they were?

Was this the only incident to happen while staying there? It could have been a dream or something called Hypnagogia or Hypnopompic hallucinations. This can occur if you are lacking sleep, stressed, etc. The hallucinations can be audio, visual, tactile, etc. If you are interested, I would recommend doing a bit of research.

Hope this helps
Dee

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: