You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Visits From A Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Visits From A Shadow

 

This took place in my parents home. But before I tell my story, I want you to know I never heard of a shadow person. I knew nothing about their existence, but that was about to change.

In my childhood home we had a lot of unexplained things happen. Lights would cut on and off. The faucets would run. We heard walking in the hall. We heard voices. We saw little twinkly lights that would dance around in the dark. I heard growling and something calling my name.

My sister had moved in to my parents house with her two children. She was going through a divorce and needed a place to stay. There room was next to mine connected by a bathroom we shared. I had just woken up it was early morning. I remember like it was yesterday.

The sun was shining through the window. I could see everything. I could hear my mother and sister talking in the kitchen. They were talking about me. See I had just graduated from high school, and didn't have any plans for college.

I laid there listening to them. My mom said I was a screw up. But to be fair how was I to go to college without any money. My father made too much for financial aid. And they didn't have anything put back for me.

As I laid there Listening I started to cry. I must of fallen asleep. Next thing I noticed my bed started to shaking. I laid there for a minute thinking it was the washer shaking the house. But then it got to where the shaking was strong.

I turned over and to my surprise there was a shadow in the shape of a human at the end of my bed. I didn't feel fearful. And then the shadow spoke all it said was hi Elizabeth. And then it was gone. I got up after that. But I couldn't comprehend what I just seen.

I did some research and discover it was a shadow person. And I have seen it a few times since then. But the strange thing is, it has never scared me. And it has not spoken to me since.

Other hauntings by Eve28

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Eve28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-18)
Hi Eve,

I'm going to echo the others here... Could the figure be a passed on loved one? It would make sense given your lack of fear.

However, the other activity you mentioned doesn't sound related. The issues with the lights, faucets, footsteps, etc might be residual energy or intelligent. Have you or any family members experienced anything else? You used the term 'we' so I'm assuming yes. Do you know the history of your house? Have you talked to your family about the shadow or name calling? If not, I would suggest you open up to someone you trust.

Regardless, it's probably a good idea to do a cleansing of your home. There is a member here, Rook, with a tried and true cleansing method on his profile. Just scroll down to Cleansing and Shielding Method:

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

Looking forward to your response,
Dee
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-16)
Hi Eve-Elizabeth,

It seems you have a company when in distress. Did you remember the voice of the shadow? A female or a male? I agree with Haven that it could be someone who knows you. Are you depressed? It could also be that manifesting. I want to say that all will be well soon, and you are not alone. Keep rising. It could be the message from the shadow, too. Rise up.

Take care and let the people know you are not a screw up. ❤ ❤ ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-16)
I join my voice to Haven's questions, also, did these events happen at the same house/trailer from your previous story?
If so, does the shadow make you feel the same way as the green-blue light did in your other experience?
Do you think they might be only one entity manifesting under two different forms, or could you be dealing with two entities? 🤔

I will appreciate your feedback.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-10-16)
Hi Eve28 -

Thanks for sharing your story.

You mention you have seen the shadow a few more times, do you remember your state of mind then? Do you see it when your sad, upset, or happy? Sorry for all the questions, since you are never afraid and the first time you saw the shadow you were upset over what you heard your mom and sister talking, I wonder if it showed up to give you comfort. It could be a family member, it explains why it knew your name. I don't know, it's just a theory of mine.

Hope everything is okay now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: