You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Stormy Night With Angels

Real Ghost Stories

A Stormy Night With Angels

 

I was woken up by a loud crack of thunder. And realized it was pitch black in our trailer. The lights would go out every time it stormed. I had my niece in the bed with me, and my other two nieces were coming down the hallway. The only way you could see is when the lighting struck lighting up the room for a brief second.

They climbed over the child proof gate I had in place of the missing door to my room, and into my small day bed. So it's storming and it's pitch black in the house. When all of a sudden I notice all these white eyes glowing all over the walls in my room. I'm trying to cover up my small nieces to keep them from seeing the eyes. I keep saying "lay down, lay down." Then as I look in the direction down the hall to the kitchen.

I noticed something was glowing very lightly. A light green blue light. Then it got brighter and it was moving toward my room. It was so bright. It was like being in a dark cave with a car coming towards you. As it got closer it got brighter, my older niece started to scream out "mom, mom, mom." And all I could do was stare at it. I wanted to see what it was but it disappeared.

Then the eyes started to come back. At that time I grabbed my two little nieces by the hand got out of bed, climb over the gate down the hall to the kitchen and reached my hand in the cabinet to get some matches to light a candle all in the pitch black night.

I felt if I had not gotten up the courage to get a candle lit the white glowing eyes would have escalated into somthing more. I still don't know what we saw that night, and I wished my older niece didn't scream out in fear. Because I felt like it was not something to be afraid of and I really wanted to see what it was. To this day I like to think it was angels coming to protect us from evil.

Other hauntings by Eve28

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Eve28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Eve28 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-01)
I grabbed my two smaller nieces my older niece was big enuff to go over the gate by herself. And I think if it was Ball lightning it wouldn't keep glowing and coming closer. It didn't blink or disappear and come back it was a steady glow coming toward us.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
I have the same questions as Miracles.

The story changes from three nieces to two nieces, as well. You mention pulling out the two nieces... What about the third niece? She goes unmentioned the rest of the story. Did she run, too?

What you describe sounds like possibly ball lightning. It's rare, but it happens. Sometimes, lightning can cause electric disturbances in a house, causing a discharge off of wiring, water or metals to cause very strange effects. Luckily, as you were grounded, if was a discharge you would have likely been safe unless the grounding was disrupted.

That is just my theory on what it sounds like.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
Eve28 - what made you think the angels were protecting you from evil? Is there something more to this story? I realize you have another experience that was submitted, and hopefully will be resubmitted. Does this story fill in this blank?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
Eve, I owe you an apology. The editing page put your stories out of order, and your Unexplained Childhood Events story came before this one. I saw you reference this story, couldn't find it on your profile, and assumed you'd copied the story from another site. It happens pretty regularly, and I deleted the story out of suspicion, and cynicism. I am genuinely sorry, and if you are willing to forgive my mistake and resubmit the story I would love to publish it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: