You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: An Uneasy Milk Request

Real Ghost Stories

An Uneasy Milk Request

 

So I know the title is really weird, but it was the best I could come up with. This... Super freakish thing happened to me the other day and I'm actually afraid of my sister's house now because of it.

To preface, my sister had closed all the blinds and you couldn't see inside their living room. Her car was also in the driveway.

A few nights ago my mom and I were cooking dinner, and my mom asked me to walk next door to my sister's house and ask for a cup of milk. No one in my house drinks milk regularly, so we don't tend to have milk around. Anyways, I walked over and knocked on their front door. The dog started barking, and I heard someone inside talking. A woman was saying something about my nephew. I genuinely thought it was my sister. So I knocked again, the dog kept barking (from my sister's bedroom, on the other side of the house, despite that he had full reign of the house.) and I heard the woman talking some more.

I stood there and kept knocking for a solid 5-6 minutes, getting mad and starting to yell at her through the door. Finally, I gave up and walked around back of the house. I walked in through their back door because the knob is busted and it's always unlocked, and I went into the house. Only to find no one was home. I checked every room, even the creepy basement, and then I looked at my phone, she posted a picture on facebook at the time of the talking in her house, of her and my nephew out to dinner.

My sister did ask if her dog might've hit one of her son's toys, because obviously, a clean house and a toddler don't mix. But I distinctly heard the voice mentioning my nephew's name. My sister freaked out and started yelling when I told her, in her living room, yelling at my grandmother saying she was going to get the house exercised if she didn't cut it out. (Something we all laugh about now, because my sister is terrified of anything paranormal.)

This is a some what unrelated note, but while I'm typing this, there's a shadow moving around in my parent's room, which is almost at an angle from mine, and I'm the only one home. (All three animals in the house are at the opposite end of the house right now.) I am just a little unnerved by the movement. Not sure how I should feel right now, since what I'm typing and what's happening are like... Maybe linked? Scary to think about.

Other hauntings by bresys

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bresys, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-18)
Bresys,

After a fairly infuriating day at work, that was a lovely & flattering compliment to read. Thanks.

Biblio
bresys (9 stories) (16 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-10-18)
Biblio - first, oh my god. I read all of your stories and everything and I might be an awkward little fan girl right now that you've read up on one of my experiences and replied. Small freak out over here, don't mind me. Lmfao.

It's my grandmother that my sister threatened, my nephew knows her as Great Grandma, but he only knew her for maybe half a year, just after he was born, because she passed away. I do think it's possible she's going back and forth between our houses, because I hear knocking a LOT. And I do think that being sensitive of some sort is a thing in my family, I've written a few posts here about the knocking in my house, and it's actually now following me wherever I go. I was in a meeting one day and it happened twice. And there have been mediums and such who have told my mom in the past that she is also sensitive. I personally want to embrace it, if my nephew does have the gift, and I'll help him through it the best I can.

Dawn - I think I may have just been assuming it was my sister. It was like a muffled voice on the other side of the door, but talking about my nephew. It was just... Weird. And I think that my family does have a sensitivity.

Tweed - I may have just laughed really hard. Yes, I got the milk. And then I promptly ran straight home.

That's actually a really good theory. I didn't even think about that. I will have to talk to her tonight and ask her if she was saying anything to my nephew at that moment.

Thanks for all the feedback!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-18)
Hi Bresys, hope they get that back door fixed, that would freak me out more than the voice.

Ask your sister if she remembers talking about anything before you phoned up that night. Chances are who you heard was indeed your sister at that exact moment, via a momentary freaky psychic link thingy. Better than an Iphone. Why you and, assuming the dog, heard the voice inside the home, is anyones guess. Perhaps it sounded inside the home because that's where you were headed. Who knows.
If your sister can't remember what, if anything, she was talking about at that moment, show her the photo she posted, might jog her memory.
An odd theory for an odd occurrence. Hey, if it quacks like a duck.

Did you get the milk?
DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-17)
It sounds more than anything like it's just your grandmother... I can't explain why her (if that was her) voice sounded like your sister's, but do you think it's possible that you were just subconsciously assuming it was your sister, especially since the sound was relatively muffled?

Of course, it might not. It's also possible that your family and / or your nephew might have a vibration that attracts spirits, and it could have been something else--both the voice and the shadow--but I think it's probably the same.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-10-16)
Greetings Bresys.

As your sister threatened your great-grandmother, is it possible that her spirit would be interested in moving to your house until your sister has calmed down? (Depending upon the sort of person she was in life, that may be a less-comforting thought than I intended.)

Your nephew seems to have no problem with her visits; your sister's paranoia may cause him to be less comfortable around spirits.

This is only a guess on my part, but I suspect a fairly high level of awareness runs in your family.
Many children grow out of their "supernatural" awareness quite naturally, but if your nephew's abilities are strong, forcibly repressing them may have multiple negative side effects later in his life. *If* this happens, expect him to manifest poltergeist phenomena around his early-to-mid teens, followed by a few years of therapy/reajustment as he discovers how to cope with his talents.

It can be a difficult undertaking to be the supportive voice of reason in these situations, primarily because people wrapped up in their fears do not see "being haunted" as a reasonable state of affairs.

Best,
Biblio.
bresys (9 stories) (16 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-10-16)
I should've been a tad more clear, apologies.

My deceased grandmother, we think has been hanging around my nephew, because he explains how great grandma is playing with him all the time.

However, the voice, I could've sworn was my sister's. But my sister's voice and my grandmother's were never similar. My older sister is very... She cracks jokes instead of full on freaking out over these things.

As for my parent's room. I went in and checked, they had their curtains pulled shut, there's no open windows at all. I couldn't find anything at all to explain it.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-16)
"My sister freaked out and started yelling when I told her, in her living room, yelling at my grandmother saying she was going to get the house exercised if she didn't cut it out."

Do you mean your (living) grandmother was there when your sister freaked out or are you suggesting your sister suspects your grandmother's spirit was the one causing the disturbance? 🤔
If the latter, did you recognize the voice as your deceased's Grandma?
If the former, why would your sister threaten Grandma with getting the house 'exercised' (exorcised?)?

After typing this submission, did you check your parents' room trying to find if the shadow could be the product of a mundane cause?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: