You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Tricksters At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Tricksters At Night

 

Hey, its my first time here and I would love to share this for others to be aware that they are everywhere and can appear at any time.

This particular experience occurred last August of this year in our own living room. Our living room had an airconditioning unit hence my sister and I would sometimes sleep there with folding mattresses while the door to my parents bedroom is to be left opened-to save electricity and stuff. It happened when I was the only one awake at 1 am to finish my project in programming. I was about done when something caught my eye in the distance. It- they were small and were moving. But I ignored it because maybe it was just insects. I closed my laptop and turned off the light and went to the sofa. It was quite creepy in my perspective because the lights were out and we had high ceilings, plus the transparent sliding door- to separate the living room and the dining area, was very clear to my eyesight. It was still relaxing because of the soft comforters with the blasting cold air from above.

I closed my eyes, but after a few minutes I was awoken by the sound of laughter- from little people. I can distinguish it because of their different pitch. It stopped and I continued to sleep. But the next thing, I was awoken by something or someone gently placed his hands to my neck, like it was choking me. I saw three black people, laughing. I finally caught a grip and they vanished.

I told my mom the next day and she too had the same experience a long time ago. She said that they are little people (Elves/duendes) residing in our house. They brought good charms to our family way before I was born. Like one time, my mom found a folded 1000-peso bill inside the toilet bowl. Yes they were the reasons to my family's success, but they were also mischievous. Loving to play, especially when the people in the house are about to sleep.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jerem1_asd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-16)
I love this! Thank you for sharing! I find little people, fairies very interesting!
Sincerely Mrs Rizzo
DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-02)
I remember the first time I heard of little people, I didn't believe it at all. Thought it was total crap. 😜 Then I had my own experiences with fairies...

Blessings to you!:)
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
I enjoyed this account too and have some questions, but I noticed that the OP chose not to participate. Hopefully, he or she changes their mind.

Regardless, thanks for sharing.
Dee
villafan (2 stories) (5 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-31)
Hi Jerem, I find your story very interesting. I too have heard accounts of small people from family elders when I was young. These stories come from India and the small people are called or referred to as 'Getmet'. It tells a story where people were digging for a well and found 2 small people but they died after being exposed to the air outside. Weird hey!?
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-10-31)
Hi, Jerem -

That is very interesting. I have heard of these little people before. In fact, my father told a story about how when he was a kid growing up in Mexico he got a shoe stolen from him. He said he was taking a nap under a big tree out on a field and had taken his shoes off and laid them beside him. He was trying to sleep but kept hearing someone laughing around him. He sat up a couple of times and didn't see anything so he would lay right back down. He had just fallen asleep when he heard the giggling really close to him, he sat up really fast and was able to see 3 little men (duendes) running off carrying one of his shoes. He sat there paralyzed for a few seconds and then ran in the direction he saw them go. He says they hid behind some bushes, he followed and looked everywhere but did not find the duendes nor his shoe. He was scared to go home and tell his mom he had lost a shoe, he was sure his mom would not believe him and he would be in big trouble for losing a shoe of the only pair he owned. Surprisingly to him, my grandmother was very understanding and believed his story 100%. Apparently, it was rumored around town that other people had encountered them before. They were notorious for taking money, food and other belongings from people. My dad really didn't like telling the story because he didn't want people to think he was lying or crazy. He only shared this story because a friend of the family was telling us about how he saw duendes when he was growing up. After the friend told his story I was just about to start laughing and tell him he was making it up when my dad started to tell his story. I believed my dad, he was not the type of person to make something like this up.

Thanks for sharing your story.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-10-31)
This is fascinating! I hope Tweed swings by to chime in! I would love to know more of your family's interactions with these little people. Do you have any idea as to why they may have originally been attracted to your family? When did the interactions start?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: