You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: People In Our House

Real Ghost Stories

People In Our House

 

This story is from my older sister's experience in our house.

Our house was built in 1944 which at that time the world is still under World War II, where a lot of people died and sacrificed their lives.

Our house was built in front of a graveyard before, where an auditorium stands right now. Schools are not yet built as well and the graveyard dates way back before World War II. There were other nationalities, who lived in our house due to the war, and this has a big role in my sister's experience.

My sister was in her early teenage years before she was sent to Manila. She used to sleep on the living room floor during afternoon nap (siesta is necessary for Filipino kids because elderly believed that this can help kids grow faster). My older sister was napping one afternoon when she was awakened by something that made her uneasy. She moved a bit and opened her eyes. She was frozen at what she saw. She saw the house full of people standing straight not moving just looking in her direction, even the ones that are on the stairs are just looking at her. She said that some of them are dressed as nurses, some are soldiers and some looks just like random civilians.

They look pale and blank. My older sister is too scared to move, she just shut her eyes with tears and said a prayer until she fell asleep. When she woke up, she was already okay and was able to tell our eldest brother what she saw and was scared to have an afternoon nap alone.

Until now she said she could still remember the feeling that she is being watched while she's sleeping.

Other hauntings by deyanna

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deyanna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

deyanna (10 stories) (19 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-12-20)
MrsRizzo2429,

Thank you if you found this interesting. You can also try to check my other articles. Those are not really scary but those are from my real experiences. Thanks for reading:)

TimeTravellingStoryteller17,

I'd be honored:) Thank you:)

Sincerely,
Deyanna
TimeTravellingStoryteller17 (4 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-16)
hey, I have a Youtube channel dedicated to read stories that not a lot of people know from writers from Asia, https://youtu.be/qu45s9sZKIg.

Would you mind if I could read this in my channel? 😘
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-24)
Very interesting! I enjoyed reading this experience! Thank you for sharing and I hope if you have more experiences you can share them. If you feel comfortable that is! Sincerely Mrs Rizzo 😊
deyanna (10 stories) (19 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-11-24)
Biblio,

Thank you for that thought. I'm sorry I was unable to respond immediately since I got busy these past few weeks. I will try to ask that to her if she remembers, and oh! By the way, I forgot to ask my mom what is the use of our house way back World War 2. I'll try to remember to ask her when I go there this coming day off. Thanks though for reading.

Deyanna
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-12)
Greetings deyanna.

I've been reading the comments and suggestions on your narrative and I have a question that you will probably need you to check with your sister before responding. She described, "She saw the house full of people standing straight not moving just looking in her direction, even the ones that are on the stairs are just looking at her. She said that some of them are dressed as nurses, some are soldiers and some looks just like random civilians." I know that a multi-national force was instrumental in liberating the Philippines from the Japanese occupation; however, I don't expect your sister to have been an expert in military uniforms of the nineteen-forties. Did she notice if the majority of the people staring at her had the facial appearance of Filipino, Japanese, or American, (or Mexican and Australian) people? There is a good chance that she won't even remember that detail, as seeing spirits in large numbers can generate overwhelming fear, even when the spirits are not dangerous or hostile.

It's the fact that she described their physical appearance as "pale and blank" that makes me think this was *not* a time-slip event. In a time-slip, people from one point in time can see, hear, even interact with people and environments from another point in time, but in the same place. The people from the past behave normally, though are sometimes surprised to meet with individuals who do not seem to behave "normally," while the people from the present are surprised that they are meeting with normal-looking people who are wearing old-fashioned clothes or behaving in as though they live in the past. Each reported time slip I've read (not only on YGS but also in books and on other websites) suggests that both the present and the past people are alive during the encounter, but the intervening years have somehow "skipped." Your sister's description, such as it is, suggests that the other individuals were already dead but lingering in that area.

I don't know if that's going to be a comforting thought for you, but I hope I've given you my analysis of your narrative in a clear & comprehensive manner.

Best,
Biblio.
deyanna (10 stories) (19 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-11)
Lady Glow && Curious Dee,

Is a time stamp possible? I'm not sure if someone other than my sister experienced that event. I haven't asked also what our house used to be during the war. I will ask my mom when I go there this week. Thank you:)

Deyanna
deyanna (10 stories) (19 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-11)
Elhub,

It could be possible. We had our house blessed many times without realizing why my family and my dad's family did that. I don't know if their is a tradition on how many times the house should be blessed. But my mom assures our house will be okay that is why she has a routine for prayer, for protection of each member and the house. Thanks for reading:)
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-11)
Deyanna,

I agree with Lady-glow, your sister may have experienced a time slip. Or perhaps caught a glimpse of the spirits that have remained earthbound? Regardless, while I'm sure it was frightening for your sister to see, I doubt the spirits meant any harm.

Thanks for sharing
Dee
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-11)
Hello deyanna - knowing your house's history puts a new perspective on your previous stories.

Do you know any more information about the use given to the house during the war? Are you aware if it was a hospital or some sort of an administrative centre?

In my opinion, your sister experienced what is known as a time slip and she witnessed an event from the past. Nothing malignant about it.

Do you know if any other of your family members ever experienced something similar?

This comment from elhub is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: