You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Pictures on the Wall

Real Ghost Stories

Pictures on the Wall

 

This happened to me and my ex-best mate mid 2006. We lived above a tattoo parlour on the main road of our town. (mind you, that parlour has had nothing but bad things happen to it since it opened. i.e water pipes bursting and electricity cutting out even though every other store's electricity was working etc). Its something that I will take to my grave (excuse the pun) and will ever doubt all these things happening. I had just met my now boyfriend and was spending heaps of time with him to the point where I was barely spending any nights at home.

I remember coming home on morning about 7 or 8 am before my boyfriend had to go to work. My friend was asleep in her bed and as she heard me come in, she invited me to come and sit on the bed with her. She told me about how the night before, she swears that she could hear footsteps and people running on top of the roof, she said she even called the police to investigate but nothing was found. I thought she needed more sleep.

That night I didn't end up seeing my boyfriend as he was having a boys night out. So for once I was staying at home. I don't fully remember the first thing that happened but the things that happened that I do remember were the ones that scared me the most.

Sitting in my lounge room, little sparks of light started to dart around the room. I wasn't sure if it was my imagination so I asked Kat. She saw it too. I moved into the next room and it was still doing it. When these sparks touched me it was like a little sting, that only lasted for a moment. Kind of like a small electric spark.

I started to feel uneasy but I tried to ignore it.

To stop freaking out I decided to put some music on to lighten the mood. This was one of the scariest things I have have ever experienced The song by Rhiannon called SOS was playing and I was in the kitchen with Kat. Next thing it started to slow down and it sounded like a record being played really, really slowly. Next thing a high pitched scream, maybe not a scream but a noise (like something was trying to speak to us, or for us to notice it) came from the cd player and I froze. Kat went running to it to turn it off and kicked it broken instead. This noise was child like, it freaked me out. I saw that movie White noise and remember thinking that it so stupid. But trust me, that movie was made by someone who really experienced it!

Now, we started noticing the markings on the wall. Funny though cause we noticed them when we first moved in but now they actually started to look like drawings. My bedroom, which mind you I never ever felt comfortable in. Which funnily enough I never unpacked anything for the whole time I lived there. I didn't even put my bed together. Figures of crosses and a man by a graveyard started appearing. It took us ages to tell what it looked like and then as soon as we did, the pictures on the walls didn't stop.

Down the hallway the figure of like a large shark head (sounds like a stupid story but I swear this is true) it looked like it traveled down the hallway with its mouth wide open. It got smaller each time as it traveled down the hallway. You could feel the bumps where the eyes were in the picture. Behind the front door you could see marks of a man hanging and the door knob was its noose.

But there was one figure that would never stop appearing. One of a man in a black cowboy like hat. His face never appeared. He hid underneath it but you could see his eerie smile. It was everywhere all through the house.

The one picture that I will never forget was the one of him outside my friends bedroom which all the bad things happened near. It looked like a comic book story on the wall but it was taller than us. First it was him walking up the hallway, behind him he held a gun which you could see in his hand, then the next he was closer and you could see a body lying on the floor with him pointing the gun towards it. Then the last was him with a close up of him in his hat. Walking away. With that smile. I will never forget it until the day I die.

That house has something very wrong with it. You would hear running up and down the hallway. I would be sitting on the bed and you would hear and feel something jump on to the bed next to me. You would even see the sheets move. Instead of black finger marks above the doors the finger marks were white. Bad things have happened in there. I could feel it. Everything sounds so far fetched I know. But there is so much more to this story but I don't have enough time to type it all down now. I feel so much better actually getting all of this out for the first time.

Has anyone else experienced pictures appearing on the walls? The more you let them know that you see them the more intense it gets. Does anyone know any good books that I could read about things like this...?

To this day I drive past that place and still get an uneasy feeling from it...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cassie_c, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

laniparis (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
I would have freaked out and left that place in a second, but I'm just a scaried cat (which explains why I hang out on these sites, NOT)

Still, I think you recounted the story great, and it was very freaky

Laniparis
LETSPLAYxxPOISONxx (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
all late, but that story freaked me out and I have not seen pictures but foot prints on my wall and that scared me...
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
jeez! You guys are tough on Cassie, why are trying to find errors in her story?
She may not be the most creative writer but I for one like this story, and I understand it.

Sorry you had to go through all that fear in your own home.

Great story 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-05)
Drawings? Pictographs, Petroglyphs on your WALL? What a find.
No, I have never experienced the proverbial writing on the wall, but I have been witness to mirror writing and also automatic writing. I tell you though, the story was not clearly written out for us the way in which it appears to have been for you and your friend.
With the story completely outlined for you there on the wall, you should be able to get some awesome research done. You seem to have all of the characters to the story, all you would have to do is find the names. I, too, would be much interested in the history of the home, as it would appear that all this occurred in it's walls.
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Wow, how frightening! I have never seen pictures or strips of pictures as you describe. If I am understanding, was it set out like a film, you know frame by frame?

I would be very interested in the history of that building and that land or area. I would also be delighted to hear more of your stories!

God Bless!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
...actually, quite the contrary, I'm really, REALLy interested in this story because of the pictographs (not a derogatory term at all, incidently). As an artist myself, I'm drawn to this aspect of your story.

Beyond that, I would like to learn more about the less-clear parts of the story, too, but the drawings are particularly intriguing.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-04)
Dear Cassie,

Darling, really no need to get defensive. Remember this line from my post? "It's not that I don't believe you, but your story is so riddled with errors that it's difficult to read," which is not calling into question your integrity, but merely that of your writing.

Again, as Frawin said, nobody's asking you to justify your credibility. Not really sure why you got so defensive. Just hoping for more information about this very interesting story.

Thanks! 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Cassie, nobody is asking you to justify your credibility, all we are asking is for clarity. I have been asked to clarify certain points on my stories before. If you got upset over me calling the drawings pict-graphs,I'm sorry. To me picto-graphs is a way of telling a story through pictures rather than words. The point I was trying to make was that maybe the spirits was trying to communicate through the pictures on the wall.
I believe that you had a paranormal experience and asked for clarification to better understand what that experience was. If this upset you then I apologise, for it was never my intention to offend you or to belittle your experience.

FRAWIN 😊
cassie_c (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Ok, I understand what you both are trying to say. As I'm sure you can see, I'm not actually trying to write a resume or a cover letter... The reason as to why this was so "riddled with errors" is that too many things happened in that place and I guess the excitment of finally getting it all out over came me.

I do not need to justify my credibility to anyone, I know what happened.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
I will have to agree with Ohiowatha, while I don't disbelieve you it is hard to understand what you are trying to say. With this said, on to your question. While I don't recall ever reading about spirits using "picto-graphs" to communicate, I wouldn't say it's impossible. However I have heard of writing mysteriously appearing on walls. Thank you for your story.

FRAWIN 😊
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
Your writing is too vague and incomplete to get a clear picture of what's going on here. For example, when you reference the "shark head," you fail to say what this figure is doing. "Down the hallway the figure of like a large shark head," --did what?
"My bedroom, which mind you I never ever felt comfortable in..." Your bedroom what?
"Behind the front door you could see marks of a man hanging and the door knob was its noose..." What sort of marks? Drawings? The doorknob made a noose? How?

This is just so quickly thrown together that I cannot tell what you're trying to say in many sections. It's not that I don't believe you, but your story is so riddled with errors that it's difficult to read and this will affect your credibility. Just like in submitting a cover letter or resume to a job, people will judge you based on your use of language.

I would really like to hear more about these experiences and hope you can flesh-out this story a little so it makes sense.

Thanks much!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: