You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Peek-a-boo

Real Ghost Stories

Peek-a-boo

 

I lived with my parents at the time that this happened. We had a nice home, I loved the kitchen. We had a bar separating the kitchen from the living room, and I would sit there everyday and do my homework there.

I'm also a total night owl. So I went into the kitchen one night, really late. I was making myself a sandwich on the counter next to the sink, so I had my back turned to the bar. When I turned around, I clearly saw something ducking under the bar. Now, I have three brothers, and their favorite pastime is trying to scare me. So I assumed that one of my brothers was trying to scare me when they saw me go into the kitchen. I froze, and slowly moved closer to the bar, wanting to scare them before they scared me. So turned the corner slightly, and I didn't see anyone. The bar was curved, so I just thought they were further down. That's when I decided to jump out and scare them. So I did just that. Only to realize that there was no one there.

I froze again, but this time I had the chills. If you've read my other stories you know these events don't really scare me, but I still get the chills sometimes.

I knew this was another paranormal experience I was having, and just went back into the kitchen to finish making my sandwich. I hurried up, put everything away as fast as I could, and left to my room. The next day I told my mom what happened, and she looked at me in disbelief. She told me that the exact same thing had happened to her, but she's not really a believer, so she hadn't told anyone. She also thought it had been one of my brothers, or me.

Other hauntings by ceciline

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ceciline, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-08)
Hi there! This took me by surprise since I had the same experience when I was a kid. Whatever that was, just probably wants your attention and it succeeded.

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to read more stories from you.

Z ❤ ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: