You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Swear Boo, Dad's Not Home Yet

Real Ghost Stories

I Swear Boo, Dad's Not Home Yet

 

This isn't my personal experience. It's one from my 12 year old son. Before I share it, I'd like you all to know that this experience took place before McKinley Park, but after my friend's passing. I'm not sure if any of my experiences are directly involved with my son's story.

One night about 10pm, my son decided to take a shower. My other children were in bed asleep for there was school the following morning. Yes, I was a little upset that my son wanted to shower so late, but that's beside the point.

Boo

My husband was at work (he works the evening shift), and I was sitting at the dining room table with my husband's laptop. About 20 minutes later, my son came running out of the bathroom, with a goofy grin on his face. He ran past me into the living room. Peeked into his bedroom, and then ran up to me, still with a silly grin on his face. I just kind of gave him this funny look like "what are you grinning about. So I asked him, "what?" He still had this grin, and asked me where dad was. At this point, I assumed he had lost his mind because he knew dad didn't get off work until 11pm, and it was only about 10:30pm. So I told him "Um, he's still at work". My son looked at me as if I was lying. I then said, "You know daddy doesn't get off until 11 it's only 10:30". I guess he noticed the time, and by my facial expression, that I wasn't lying. So he said," but I heard him cough".

Now my husband does have a smoker's cough, but he wasn't home from work yet. I told him again, "I swear boo dad's not home yet". He stood there for a few seconds, looking confused, but went to bed anyway.

When my husband did come home from work, I told him what had happened, and he just kind of laughed. Which I probably would've done as well. My son was a little freaked out about it, but doesn't dwell on it. In fact, he reminded me of this story a few days ago, but I couldn't post it until now. I know.

Supposedly, the previous male owner passed away in one of the bedrooms, but not sure which one. I didn't hear this cough, only my son did. It only occurred that night. No one was outside...

My question is did he really hear a cough like he claims, or is my husband's cough embedded in his head?

Any comments, and/or theories are greatly appreciated.

Other hauntings by snowflake

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, snowflake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
It might have been what your son heard just a nose and nothing more...
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Perhaps a case of missidentification, I'm sure he did hear something that he could only explain as his dads smokers caugh. Not a ghost this time hopefully 😊 Jack
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Surya, he hasn't heard anything. I guess it was just embedded in his head,lol. Again,he's not freaked out about it. An every now and again he'll bring up this story... I posted another story about his tv turning on by itself. It turned on even when he was home! Agan,he's not freaked out, and I really don't understand why... It's almost like he's used to all of this...
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-25)
That is good to hear. Lets hope all remains calm. What else was he hearing you said as of 18th all stopped?
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-18)
Thank you Surya, 😁. My son has not heard any other noise as of today, April 18th...
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
Thank you for the reply, please do keep us posted of any other occurrences. I don't think your son was hearing things personally.
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
That you for your comment Surya. I posted a couple of LOL's in my story, but I guess they edit those out,lol. Anyways, yes I was baffled as to how he thought his dad was home from work. And Raingrl01, I spoke to my son about this night, and he said there really wasn't anything to talk about. He heard his dad's cough... He's not scared, or anything like that. And that's why at the end of my story I asked if he really could have heard a cough, or is my husband's cough emmbedded in his head. Almost like you hear a song, and the song sticks in your head for days on end...
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
I know that my children have come to me and said some thinks that they couldn't know. Or some things that just confused or scared me. My daughter came down stairs one morning and asked me where great grandma was. So I said which one (my children have several great grandparents). She took me into the hall and pointed to a picture of my grandma that had lived in Oregon and said, "That grandma" Of course after that I had to explain to her that she was in heaven. She said okay and I told my daughter to tell grandma hi if she saw her again.
I guess it is possible that while your son was in the shower (which does distort sounds) he could have thought he heard a cough. But I would ask him if he has seen or heard anything else. Let us know. ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Well if my son came running out the shower the Snowflakes son did, I would be baffled as well. While I was reading the story, I actually pictured the expression on the face of the child. The innocence of child tells alot.

[at] Dimber - it is not just Asian children that see spirits. All children do up to the age of five. They are pure and innocents.
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Although I didn't hear the cough, doesn't mean I do not believe him. Sure, I'm wondering if he actually heard it or if he has my husband's cough on his mind. My husband coughs on the daily,lol. I haven't spoken to him about it. I guess because it's not part of our everyday conversation. He reminded me of this story the other day, but couldn't post it yet. I guess this site gets flooded with stories everyday,lol. I'll speak to him about it later, and post his response here...
Dimber, I'm not Asian, so I'm not sure what they say. But I know american children can "see", and "hear" things as well. 😁
Verleus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Yeah,as dimber says, try to ask your son a bit more about the incident. And you probably should do a bit of research on the house. And I say this, and from personal experiece, you should never think that your kid is imagining things. Children are far more sensitive to the paranormal than adults are.
Great story anyways,
Verleus
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Wow, did you consider taking the time to sit your son down and talk to him about it in details. We'll in some Asian culture they say that kids are able to sometimes see/communicate with the other realm. In some case that I seen are true, but skeptical. May be your son has a gift that ables him to hear beyond this realm to the next. Listen to what your son has to say. Don't push him to the side about this. He might just give you some interesting feed backs that might send chills up and down your spine. ^_^

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: