You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Was In The Car?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Was In The Car?

 

This happened to me about 5 years ago, in 2013, and I still am baffled by it.

I was on my way to work early in the morning, around 6:30, so it was still dark. As I rounded a corner on my road, I came upon a car stopped in the middle of the road. I halted behind it for a moment, before realizing that they must have been having issues, so I drove around it to the left. As I passed the car, I noticed an old man in the drivers seat. He was balding, dressed in what looked like a white sweater, and was hunched over.

I drove up the road for about half a mile when guilt got the better of me. What is this older gentleman didn't have a cell phone to call for help? So I found a spot to turn around and headed back to the vehicle.

When I arrived at the spot, I was immediately confused. The elderly man was no where to be found, but there was a middle-aged man standing outside of the car, attempting to call someone on his cell phone. THIS man had dark hair, was in his late 30's or so, and looked NOTHING like the older man I'd seen in the vehicle earlier. I rolled down the window, and asked if he needed assistance. The man kindly replied that he was visiting a friend and had gotten lost, running out of gas in the process. I directed him to the nearest gas station, and he stated that his friend was coming to help him out.

Before I left, I asked him if he had anyone in the vehicle with him... He replied that he did not.

So, just who-or what- did I see in the drivers seat that morning?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dede77, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-08)
Interesting read, I guess one could speculate a thousand scenarios trying to explain the presence of the old man.

The way you describe it makes me think of a person passing out (away?) while driving. Perhaps you saw the residual imprint of the old gentleman's last moments.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS.
Dede77 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-08)
Cuddlebear,

To answer your questions...
1) Correct. The old man was sitting IN the drivers seat, and I didn't notice anyone else. Unless the younger man was out of the car and around the other side. (as it WAS dark)
2) The younger man was wearing completely different clothing from the old man that I saw.
3) There is NO way that I missed the hair color. The old man's hair was white and he was balding. The younger man had a head full of brown hair. They looked nothing alike.

There are no stories of any supernatural origin that I know of along our road. And Twilight1011, you could very well be correct. This could have been a loved one of the man that had passed away and was looking out for him. It was a very odd experience... One of the oddest of my life! I appreciate the feedback, everyone! 😊
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-07)
Dede ~
When you first saw the car you only saw the one person sitting in it correct?

Was the younger man wearing the same clothes that you saw on the older man?

Given that it was dark and you were looking into another car is it possible that missed his hair colour?

Just looking for alternate possibilities.

As I read the article I have two questions, where do the old man go; and from where did the young man come? Unless they were the same man.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-07)
I agree with twilight1011. However, I am also thinking, is there any previous story about the road you know of? I have known some stories relating to motorists seeing people (well, they thought were real until they realized they aren't) along some road - sometimes hitchhiking, sometimes just a mere passerby.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-06)
I can't help but wonder if the man you spoke to, had recently lost his father or someone else that he was very close to. It could have been a loved one of his, that either stays close to his side, or was there during his time of need. Unfortunately we'll never know, but it's a thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: