You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Think Something Is Attached To Me

Real Ghost Stories

I Think Something Is Attached To Me

 

I'm going to try and explain this the best I can since English is not my mother tongue. It all started a long time ago. Ever since I was little (let's say 6-7 years old) I was feeling like someone was watching me, especially when I was alone. I didn't really pay attention to it until one specific evening. Me and my family were at our beach house. My grandparents also have a house right next to ours and I was over playing in my room (I have my own room at my grandparents' house). It was also winter so it was already dark outside at 6:00 p.m.

Suddenly the feeling that someone was behind me watching me came once again. I decided not to freak out, I just slowly stood up to go to the living room where my nana and my mom were. The way my room is: my bed is accross for the door. Next to the door there's a mirror and in between the door and the mirror there's the light switch (you'll see where I'm going with this in a minute). The door was closed so I reached to open it but before I did, I for some reason switched the light off. The only thing keeping the room from complete darkness was the porchlight coming through the window. I looked in the mirror and the next thing I remember is me bawling my eyes out in my mothers' lap. I honestly can't remember what I saw, I don't even remember making my way to the living room. It's just blank.

Weird things started happening from time to time ever since that incident. The thing is they're happening to this day and not so much at our beach house but at our apartment in the city. For example leaving a room, let's say the kitchen, knowing damn well I switched the lights off then coming back 3 minutes later to find the light on, or waking up for about a week in the middle of the night almost at the exact same time each night which was around 3:00 a.m... Next night it would be 3:15 and the next 3:12 and it went something like this, you get the idea.

Another time I woke up to someone blowing in my ear and before I could do anything I felt a sharp pain coming from my waist. It was like someone had just stabbed me and it was so painful I literally jumped out of bed. Of course there was no one there and when I checked the time it was 3:14 a.m... I went to the living room where my brother was (he was still awake) and when I told him what happened he said it was probably my imagination. But I know it wasn't.

The thing is it will be quiet for months and then suddenly something triggers it, I guess and it starts happening again. The reason why I think this thing, whatever it is, is attached to me is because I'm the only one experiencing this. No one else living in my house ever had a paranormal encounter. It only happens to me. I have plenty of other incidents to tell you so if you want to let me know and I'll do it along with an update. Right now it's quiet. But I don't think it will last for long.

Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Greece

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Integrist (83 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-11)
Hello,

I ask this sincerely, and not with any ill-intention: have you considered checking first if there may be psychological reasons for your experiences?
Or are you experiencing lots of stress perhaps whenever you have these experiences? This is simply for you to check to rule out any natural causes.

Now, if there be no natural causes, I would advise to get in touch with a priest, and have your room blessed - seeing as you have already been hurt. (I am guessing you're Christian as you are from Greece). If not, my apologies.
NitroFuel765 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-11)
A similar thing happened to me. I wrote the story (called 'The Invisible Fiend') on this website but I'm still waiting for it to be published. The way I got Eric of it was simply by talking to it asking it to leave. If this doesn't work, then you should try something more sophisticated.
Tweed (35 stories) (2498 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-11)
Hi Alya,

Because of your age it sounds like you've got some poltergeist activity going on. Unfortunately it's common during adolescence. You can calm it down with a cleansing routine of your choosing.

Here's one pasted from one of our members profile page. Many people use this method. You can make it your own, or do exactly as it is. It will give you an idea of how cleansing and shielding works.

______

"Rook's Cleansing and Shielding Method (as used by myself and many other members of this site)...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.) "

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: