You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Of A Patient

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of A Patient

 

This incident happened 3 years ago in a private hospital in Mumbai. My mother was and still is suffering from rheumatic arthritis but at that time was severe. We had to admit her in this private hospital for some serious treatment and diagnosis. She made some friends in the same room she stayed and one of those patient was in very serious condition. That patient had lost all her hair due to the treatment and also looked very lean and weak.

After a week, my mother was discharged and we went home. After a month we went there for a formal check up by 7 p.m on a Monday, I guess. We had to wait for some time because the doctor was busy with many patients. My mother was sitting in the chairs diagonally opposite to mine and I was reading some magazines to kill boredom. Suddenly I heard my mother talking to someone and I looked up and got shocked; because she was talking to her adjacent chair with no one sitting in it. I didn't want to scare her, so I kept quiet and pretended to be reading. Then my mother suddenly called me and said "Hi, Ram, look my friend has become fine. Please say hello to her." I was speechless and just made a weak smile at that chair.

After some time the doctor called my mother and she went in. After awhile she came back with fear on her face and sweating. She asked me whether I saw her friend before and I explained everything. She told me that she asked her doctor about her friend's condition casually and he had told her that she died after the week my mother was discharged. My mother told me that she was sitting by her side looking very fresh and head full of hair with a bright look on her face and asked about my mother health, family etc. She had also told my mother that she had become fine and now back to college for studies. I forgot to mention that was girl of 26 or 27 years old. My mother asked me to immediately get out of there and was in fear for some days after that incident.

I can see that the spirit was harmless but what is the point of meeting my mother and telling her a lie. Just curious?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Grey-Ghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Grey-Ghost (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-03)
lady-glow,

Yeah that fact amazes me too. Coming to your question, no there wasn't anybody there at that time except me. We went kind of late that day. We were suppose to be there at 6.15 PM but due to some problems we went late.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-02)
Grey-Ghost:

Thanks for replying. It never ceases to amaze me the way spirits seem to control who is allowed to see them.
Sometimes they show themselves to multiple witnesses and other times only to only one person among a crowd.

Were there any more people seated close to your mother? If so, did you notice if anyone was staring at her like questioning why she was seemingly talking to no one?
Grey-Ghost (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-02)
notjustme,

Yes I agree. At least she was relieved of the pain and burden of sickness. When my asked me to say hello I was simply terrified beyond anything and was scared to look at that chair. 😁 But that experience made me a firm believer of ghosts and supernatural things. Thanks for your feedback.
Grey-Ghost (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-02)
lady-glow,
Thanks for your warm welcome. I can agree with you explanation completely. I wasn't really close with that girl or anything bit I feel sorry for her untimely death because she is same age as me I think. She is a good soul I pray for peace.

Thanks for your kind feedback.
Grey-Ghost (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-02)
RCRuskin,
That is a possibility buddy but I'm sure I won't be one of those studious ghosts who return to college or university for studies. I always hated my dogmatic and hectic college education and sure don't want to experience it as a ghost either 😉
Grey-Ghost (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-02)
majarlika012,
Yeah I was terrified and body felt chilled of fear when I saw that scene 😁. But I didn't tell my mother at that time because she was recovering from a severe rheumatic arthritis and she has always been a firm believer of God, afterlife, Ghosts etc. So I was concerned about her health and didn't want to scare her at that time. Thanks for feedback.
Grey-Ghost (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-02)
Ijsco,
That was really a nice story. I feel sorry for that father. At least he was visited by his lovely daughter when feeling down. Losing a family member is always a nerve wrecking experience for anyone. Thanks for your explanation my friend. Good luck to you too.
Grey-Ghost (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-02)
Kindly_refrain Your theory reminds me of DBZ. In that show spirits can go to train with a weird guy and become better fighter 😊. But who knows buddy we live in a world full of mysteries nothing is unbelievable.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-29)
Wow! This is a nice story. I think I can see how you look when your mother asked you to join their conversation. I wonder how your mom would have reacted if you told her right at that moment that she was speaking to no one.

Anyways, yeah maybe the spirit just wanted to visit your mom and say hi. They had created this bond when they were confined in that hospital.
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-27)
Hello Grey-Ghost, I too have heard accounts of formal training (school if you will) in the afterlife.

In separate occasions two friends of mine (they did not know each other) were visited by their recently deceased mothers. In both cases the mothers said they had to make the visit short as they had to return to their orientation classes.

The visits took place about a week after death and the sense was that the training was at about the half way point.
ljsco (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-27)
Grey Ghost,
Nice story and pretty amazing. This is not the first time I heard of a ghost telling someone they are back in school. A man who lost his young daughter was recalling a story where his daughter appeared to him one evening about a year after her death when he was feeling very distraught over her loss. She told him she was fine now and attending school in the spirit world daily learning things of a universal nature. Perhaps the young woman's ghost didn't want to alarm your mom and just wanted to visit her. We can never know how important our friendship is to someone who was sick as the young lady at the time your mom stayed with her. Just take comfort in knowing that we go on after leaving the physical world. Good luck in the future!
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-03-27)
There are numerous schools of thought, yes thinking of college brought this on - pun intended, on what happens after we die. The one I like most personally is that for a period of time after death, one is free to move around to wherever one chooses. So it seems reasonable to me, and not at all a lie, that your mother's late roommate would return to her studies at university.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-27)
I agree with Lady-glow. I believe her soul has been released from her sickly body and is now free and healed. Perhaps because she had just passed on not too long ago, her soul was still hanging around there for a bit. As for college, maybe that's what she missed the most, as she was young and never got the chance to finish her studies. Thanks for sharing. I can only imagine how you felt when your mother started chatting to an empty chair then asked you to join 😄
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-03-27)
Welcome to YGS.

" the spirit was harmless but what is the point of meeting my mother and telling her a lie"

Sometimes death is freedom, just imagine the feeling of that young woman's spirit without the burden and pain of a sick body, it makes perfect sense for her to say that she's fine. As for going back to college, who knows, perhaps spirits learn some things after crossing over?

Thanks for sharing this interesting experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: