You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Inquisitive Burnt Patient

Real Ghost Stories

The Inquisitive Burnt Patient

 

This is my first story on this site. This experience belongs to my maternal uncle (He is my mother's cousin brother) and his wife. It happened in the year 2002 in Mumbai. My mother narrated this story to me and I found it worth sharing with YGS readers.

So here it goes...

My uncle lived with his wife and kids in Mumbai and his parents lived in their family home at their native place. This happened sometime in the month of April or May. Owing to some urgent work at his native, he travelled on bike along with his friend, which is about 3 -4 hours away by road. After having completed his work, he decided to return to Mumbai on the very evening and began his journey.

While he was almost reaching Mumbai, he met with an accident and his feet were trapped under an overturned container. He and his friend survived the ordeal but were severely injured. Uncle had sustained minor injuries on his upper body but his legs were severely injured. They were rushed to a government hospital by the locals and his family was contacted. His wife reached the hospital and was advised by doctors that uncle will have to be operated on the following morning. Aunty stayed with him in the hospital. Uncle had calmed down and aunty being exhausted from the crying and running, sat on stool by his bed and soon fell asleep while placing her head on his bed.

Some time later in the middle of the night, aunty felt a pat on her back. She heard a woman's voice, along with the patting on her back. The woman was asking her to tell the time. Not being able to sleep from his pain, uncle was awake and could see the woman but could not muster courage to answer her question. He kept lying silently while aunty, exhausted, waking up and rubbing her eyes turned around to see the enquirer. She was terrified at what she saw. Standing in front of her was a woman who looked like had been burned. Aunty could not answer, nor move an inch. Failed to have received any answer, the woman just walked away. Uncle and aunty both looked at each other and without uttering a word closed their eyes shut in fear and longed desperately for morning.

In the morning aunty confirmed with uncle about the previous night and rushed to the nurse station to ask them if any burned patient was moving around and if it was appropriate to allow such a patient to wander the corridors of the hospital and visit other patients. Aunty was informed by the nurses that the woman is indeed a patient but deceased. She had succumbed to her burns and wandered the hospital in the night. Nurses also assured my aunt that she does not mean any harm to anybody but probably is only trying to experience life in her ordeal.

May be she did not want to depart so early and was wandering the hospital to be among the living again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, littlebirdie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Srinivas108 (3 stories) (23 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-05-25)
Even I use to work in a hospital in Hyderabad, nurses their use to tell me that ICU and few other departments are haunted and they don't visit them alone
littlebirdie (1 stories) (1 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-05-22)
Thank you all for your comments. My uncle recovered from his accident.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-05-21)
Hi and welcome littlebirdie

That must have been nerving for your aunt and uncle to experience, hospitals usually would have lots of ghostly activity.
TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-05-20)
Such a scary thing to see...I'd have run out of there... Guess your uncle couldn't even if he had wanted to. No pun intended man. 😜
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-05-20)
Such a sad story whenever someone's life is cut short like that. May her Memory be Eternal.

And, like Lady Glow, I hope your uncle is doing better now.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-05-20)
Welcome to YGS.

Fascinating story. It's possible that the woman wasn't aware that she had passed away.

I hope your uncle recovered his health.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: