You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghostly Patient in a Private Hospital

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghostly Patient in a Private Hospital

 

My story took place in Puerto Rico in 2003. I was just done with Nursing School and had just started my first nursing job in a Orthopedic Unit in a very upscale private hospital. I was with my preceptor (I was almost done with my orientation) and she told me to take her pt assignment and go and check each one alone. (For those of you who do not know the term "pt assignment" refers to the pts you have to take care of during a particular shift) I was really excited to this on my own and I started to check them by room number (eg. 154 then 155 and so on).

When I get to room 160 the door was opened and the lights were on (all of them), I looked to see inside the room and I saw a man laying in the bed cover with a blanket then I looked at the pt assignment and that room appeared to be empty. At this point I looked at the room number to checked if I was standing at the wrong room but no it was clearly room 160, having checked this I looked inside (again) and saw the same guy in the exact same way and I even looked to the window and I saw his reflection. At that moment my thought was: "The nurse forgot to tell us about this guy".

After this I finished the round (checking the pts) and went to my preceptor and told her: "We have a pt in room 160 and is not on our assignment". After I said that the nurse's eyes went wide open she then checked the census and asked me: "Are you sure" she went and grabbed the other RN and told her: "Sara saw a pt in room 160 and I am sure we have nobody there" The other nurse looked as surprised as she did, but after a few minutes they decided to go and check it out, before that, they asked me how was that guy (in appearance) and I told her what I saw: an older guy, white, in his 50's, bald with some white hair cover with a blanked in bed and seems to be asleep. They went really quick and looked then when they got back they asked again: "are you sure it was in room 160? And I said yes!

By now I was pretty upset about all the asking about the room number then my preceptor told me that 1 week before a pt committed suicide in that room, and that the pt was a white male in his 50's, bald with white hair. I was in shocked and thought they we joking but not she then called security and asked them to check the room out, they came, saw nothing and closed the room, we did not go near that room for the rest of the shift.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sara, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

lovebug (8 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-19)
I think that he is trapped in the room for some odd reason. Maybe to protect you. Did you know the person? That maybe the reason he is there he knew you would come and he wanted to see you once more before he crossed over. Maybe you don't know him but he has seen you and was fasanaited. So good luck to you and him. ❤ 😆 😐
feastlikelions (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
thats creepy as hell! Did anything else happen? Did anyone ever talk about the guy? Or explain what he was like?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-13)
Sounds like his spirit is trapped within the walls of the hospital. Would be nice to have someone come in a help him and any others to cross over. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you
bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-12)
Wow...That is creepy. Did anyone else ever see that guy after you did? I work in an old jail building and creepy noises are common but we have never seen anything.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: