You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The World Paused

Real Ghost Stories

The World Paused

 

This is my 2nd story of 4 weird events that have happened to me in 51 years of life so far. After posting my last story, many readers wondered why I don't want to respond to comments or questions. Answer is I have talked about my strange events with others so many times over the years and I am a very busy man. I just want tell you my crazy true stories because I think they need to be heard.

This event took place while at work one day 17 years ago. I was the manager of an extremely busy paint store with 8 full time employees serving many contractors, homeowners, and decorators. What I mean by very busy is, at 7 am every morning there are van loads of contractors and workers waiting for us to unlock the doors and be first to order supplies for the day. Controlled chaos for most of the day is a good way to look at it. So this day was the same as every other day at work, BUSY.

It was probably 8 am and I had just taken a order from a contractor at the front counter and had to go in the warehouse to fill the order. I pushed the swinging warehouse door open and walked a few steps into the warehouse then the phone rang. I looked around and all my employees were busy tinting, mixing, loading, pulling orders, etc, and there lots of contractors and crews waiting for their paint to be mixed or pulled from inventory. Every 1 gallon and 5 gallon paint mixer was on and everyone talking while waiting made it extremely noisy in the warehouse. After noticing I was closest to the phone I turned around and went back to the front counter to answer the phone.

I answered it but nobody was on the line so I hung up and pushed swinging door open to the warehouse and took a couple steps in and looked around in amazement. Everything and everyone stopped as if someone had a remote control and pressed the pause button. I just stood there looking from right to left at everybody and they weren't frozen stiff in action but more like paused and relaxed looking at the ground in front of them during this moment of silence. All my employees and a bunch of contractors just standing everywhere on pause with no mixers or shakers making noise Complete silence. I still see them breathing but no body movement. The atmosphere felt very peaceful for those 10 seconds of time and just when I was going to say something out loud the phone rang again then BAM the pause button was clicked again and the whole place was turned back on like nothing had ever happened. Machines came on, conversations and work continued.

I was speechless as I turned around to go and answer the phone that was ringing at the front counter. I answered and my mother was on the line. She says hi this is mom and I replied 'I Know' she says 'What---I know you are busy but I just wanted to tell you your grandmother just passed away'.

I said ' I know, she was just here'. Mom says 'you're kidding me'. I told her her I wasn't and I would tell her about it she gets back in town. She was up in Cleveland Ohio with her mother my grandmother, at the hospital and we all pretty much knew that she probably wasn't going to make this time, so I knew as soon as I heard my mom's voice calling me at work that time of the morning what had just happened to me in the warehouse. Grandma put my world on pause when she came to say goodbye to me.

Other hauntings by kixrox

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kixrox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Meldel (6 stories) (39 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-03)
I think kixrox is trying to tell us something here. Perhaps he is on 'permanent pause' 😆
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-01)
Really weird. "c l o w n" became -p.u.r.p.l.e p.a.n.t.s- and "s t o r y" became -c.l.o.w.n
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-01)
I am not sure what is happening but I keep on seeing the word "clown" in mot of the comments. In my comment itself (to one of the stories) I saw the word "clown" but I do not remember including that word.

BTW, nice story. I would want to ask you a few questions but seems like you don't want to participate. So sad.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-03-31)
kixrox - If you can find the time to submit your experiences, I certainly believe that you can spare a few minutes to respond to comments.

Has it occurred to you that most of us are busy people? I'm not being insulting, merely stating facts.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-30)
Nice read.

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
What else can I say? 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: