You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Living In The Spirit World

Real Ghost Stories

Living In The Spirit World

 

I'm 18 years old and well... I've lived with ghosts my whole life. Not the type of "ghosts" that haunt you for the rest of your life because you had made a horrible mistake. I'm talking about spirits.

Let's start when I was little. Every kid has imaginary friends right? Well that's what my mother thought they were, imaginary friends, until one day she realized that I would have full conversations with nothing. When my mom would ask me who I was talking to I would look at her and tell her "his name is Jack mommy. He has no shoes and his feet are dirty so he isn't allowed on the furniture." My mom blew it off for a while but it would still creep her out that I would sit in my room and talk to this "Jack" person. Then one day came that I started talking to "Sarah" which scared my mom even more because she couldn't understand how I could sit for hours and have a full conversation with imaginary friends and talk to them as if I was talking to a real person.

My mom has an old hope chest and as a child I would sit in there and hide. One day came that "Sarah" had gotten trapped in the hope chest and I was hysterical. I begged my mom and pleaded for my mom to get her out. I cried so hard I was hyperventilating. My mom had opened the chest where "Sarah" was trapped and nothing was there. I told my mom that she was in there while I was still screaming my head off. A few seconds later I smiled to my mom and said, "Thank you mom. Shes ok now."

As I got older I started learning more about the spirit world and how there are good spirits and bad spirits. As I'm learning about this my 2 great grandfathers passed away. I loved them both very much so I had gone into a deep depression. It wasn't until after they passed away that I started feeling like I was being watched from the end of my bed while I slept at night. It wasn't creepy to me though. It felt comforting. This went on for a long time and still happens today but I do not live in the house anymore and I only feel this figure watching me when I spend the night.

Going on further in my life, when I turned 13 I met a boy and "fell in love" with him, or so I thought. He had done terrible things to me. After we broke up to cope with the pain of the things he had done I would cut myself. I know, I know, no one wants to hear this but it was a trigger for more spiritual things to open up for me. I had a dream about my great grandfather. He told me what I was doing to myself hurt him and that he didn't want me to ruin my life over some stupid boy. My grandfather had been dead for 3 years.

A few months later I was sleeping on the couch and I was home alone. It was over the summer so while everyone was working I was home alone. I had woken up to what I thought was my neighbors talking ridiculously loud. Once I was awake I realized it had been coming from the basement. I called my mom I was so frightened.

As months went by other things had been happening to my family. I didn't pay any attention to them because, like every teenager, if it didn't have something to do with me I didn't care. One night I was sleeping in my bed and I was woken up out of a dead sleep from something hitting me in the stomach. It wasn't a tap, it was a full out punch. If you have gotten into a fight or were messing around and had gotten hit in the stomach you know the pain. The hit was so hard it had taken the wind out of me.

A week later I had met my dad for the first time in 13 years. He lived 2 hours away from me but I would go down and spend weeks down there because I could get away from the creepy house. But things had gotten worse with my dad. He ran toward the spirit world. He always wanted to go ghost hunting and of course I'd go with him because I just wanted to be with my dad. One night my dad thought it would be fun to go to the cemetery and boy was he wrong.

We went and I couldn't move or speak. I had felt something dark and evil coming near our car. My dad had gotten out of the car to go to the bathroom and I had told him we needed to leave and we could go to the bathroom at a gas station or back at my uncle's house. I told him I felt something dark and evil out there but he had told me I was overreacting and that the cemetery was just getting to me. He got out of the car and did his business. When he was getting back in was when he saw something unexplainable. Lets just say he was so scared that he will still not speak of that night to this day.

Time went by and my mom and dad had gotten back together and I met my fiancé. Nothing had happened until last year. 2 of my close friends died unexpectedly and his Great Grandfather had passed from old age and his Uncle unexpectedly died. I've been having dreams that they're trying to tell me something but I can't hear what they are saying.

Now to the present day... I've recently graduated from school and over the summer I've spent quite a bit of time at my childhood home. At the beginning of summer I came here to spend time with my family. It was about 4:00am and I had looked back the hall to see my grandmother walking into the bathroom. I didn't think anything of it, locked my phone and took my glasses off and went to bed. The next day I had asked her if she went to the bathroom so early in the morning and she had told me no. It kind of creeped me out.

Last week a kid that I graduated with was shot and killed. I wasn't close to him but it still hit me hard because he was a friend and it was hard to imagine someone my age could lose his life so soon. I have had very vivid dreams of him and I can still remember what we talked about.

Its almost over I promise. 1 more.

A few days ago my father was outside smoking and we were talking, laughing, having a good time. In front of the porch there was a white mist that was in the shape of a figure. It lingered there for a few moments. When I had moved closer to it, it took off as fast as it came.

Now that my story is over I would like to talk to everyone. Whether you believe in ghosts but haven't had experiences or you don't believe at all, the spirit world is real and some of us can't escape it. People will judge and bring you down but when you have so many experiences you cannot just blow it off. For the people that read my story I want to thank you because its rather long. While nothing I experienced is demonic and SUPER SCARY to you guys, its scary to me and its hard to deal with and grow up with. I'm not the only one in my family that has had experiences. My aunt and my mom have also experienced things but that's a different story. Thank you for reading. <3

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nottheaverageteen3297, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
Thanks for sharing. You have psychic abilities. The world of Spirit is real, more real than this world. Fill your heart with positive energy, have faith that nothing evil can touch you and you will be fine.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
I liked your story a lot. You seem to be afraid of your abilities because you said at the end that it would be super scary to us as it is to you. We've all had super scary things that have happened to us. I think you should take Tweeds advice and learn how to meditate.
Red
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
Hello Nottheaverageteen and welcome!

You have found the right place to relate your experiences. You won't find many who will judge and as Wardo said we thrive on detail, no worries about the length! In comparison to some stories the length of yours was quite normal, or short even.

Are you familiar with, or have you ever tried meditation? Are you familiar with, or do you use any form of cleansing and shielding? I got the sense from your voice, (be that your written voice), that you're prone to anxiety at times regarding your abilities. Well, this is completely normal and anyone and everyone who shares these abilities will attest to the importance of inner calm, which can be attained through meditation and shielding methods. These won't dull your senses, they will enhance them, while limiting anxiety and confusion. You've been through a lot lately, losing a friend or close peer, all the while dreams come through, including of him. This is a lot to take in at once.
Do you keep a journal about your experiences and your dreams? Journals are not only for your reference, I've found they help me retain clarity which, in turn, is very grounding.

Urgh I just said 'grounding' I sound like a new age pompous idiot. Never mind.

Also, if you don't already, perhaps you and your Dad could compare notes with your experiences. If he's a bit closed off to communicating with you on this topic, maybe start a dialogue with him regarding things close to your heart. Whatever you feel like sharing with him. Forgive me if I'm on the wrong track, I got the sense from your 'voice' that you could both benefit from an open dialogue regarding supernatural topics. I don't mean share absolutely everything, just whatever you feel you want to.

Take care.
devilschild (4 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
I can't know what you are going through I'm the same I can see and talk to them as well and it is scaryI have learnt to deal with it I am 22 this year I'm still in training and have used all my powers as I call it I hope you get use to it someday it may be scary when you get the ones that don't look happy but in the end it all works out especially when you get to see them cross over well good luck honey and I hope you have a nice and good happy life ahead of you ❤ ❤
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
Hi dreamer, congrats on your engagement! It seems that you have something going on all the time. Being tuned in as you are maybe you should try researching some lore at libraries in local towns and get permission to do an over night study with people who are serious about finding evidence. You can get a lot of info by talking to locals. Courthouse is the first place and ask a oldtimer.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
i also enjoyed reading your stories. If you love to write just do it and you will get better at it. I cannot catergorily say that I have had any paranormal experiences as such. I have had some strange things happen to me but I mostly have premonitions through my dreams that are unfortunately very disturbing at times. I do have some stories to tell of unexplained or strange happenings that I will relate to everyone some time soon. 😊
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
I loved reading your stories. Thank you for sharing with us. Don't worry about the length, we like to read! I apologized for that once on here, but I've found that we like to read detailed, well written accounts. I didn't even notice the length!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: