You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Horrifying Face On Wall

Real Ghost Stories

Horrifying Face On Wall

 

This happened when I was about 10-11 years old in my bedroom. One night I suddenly woke up to a presence in my room. I immediately looked to my wall where there was a face on my wall. It was very clear and it's hard to describe; it wasn't a person it didn't look exactly like a person you would see on the street but I knew it was a ghost. I stared at it for around 20-30 seconds, absolutely petrified not knowing what to do then, I ran as fast as I could to my parents room. They woke up and I said to them "can I sleep here tonight?" I didn't want to tell them what had happened because even though I knew my parents had their many paranormal encounters, I felt like I just wanted to be away from what had happened and I didn't think they would believe me. Everyday I think about it and I often look at the wall very few minutes to check if there is a face on it.

My house was made in the 60s and nobody has died in it. The only accident on my street was when a boy drowned in the lake next to my house while trying to get a football. Once when I was alone in my house I was downstairs in my living room and I clearly heard the words "what do we have here" right in my ear. I have also seen a tall man in my conservatory walk and then disappear. But once maybe the creepiest thing that has happened to me in the house was when I was playing football in the garden I saw my mother stare at me through her bedroom window even though she went out for the day and I checked all over the house and no one was there. Please comment and tell me why you think the face wanted to make itself known.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, West_15, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-22)
Given the architecture manifesting facial features and the "now what do we have here" - my brain has decided that your home was haunted by a troop of Dickensian actors!

Joking aside, it does sound like you had a rather curious bunch - they sound inquisitive more than anything else. You mentioned that your parents had many experiences - if any of them were in the home or even experiences that happened away from the home but during the time you all lived there - that might help us get a better picture of what may have been afoot.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-03)
Hi there!

When you woke up, was your room dark or was there some kind of light creeping inside? Because the "face" must have been some kind of shadow created by the light creeping in or other else.

It was probably a scary experience for you, I mean I would have screamed when that happened to me.

Thanks for sharing.
Whatdoido (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-06-13)
So was the face on the wall inset into it? Protruding from it? Two or three dimensional? Did it show movement? Sorry for all the questions
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-06-13)
Hi, West.

It is a fallacy that a death must occur in a house/location for it to be haunted. Some say that spirits are attracted to places or things they loved in life, so if there is anything "pre-owned" in your house, this might be the cause of the haunting. That a death by drowning occurred in the lake near your house might make it attractive to dead people as well. In which case it is not your house that would be haunted but that lake. And then some ghost spotted a nearby house and got curious...

This is only a guess, but I am supposing that the boy who drowned, seeing as how you share interest in a sport, wanted to play.

Or, it might have just been a hypnogogic experience, a sort of wakeful sleep or sleepy wakefulness.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: