You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Overwhelmed By Sadness

Real Ghost Stories

Overwhelmed By Sadness

 

This happened late Autumn in Massachusetts. We were living in an apartment building with about nine other families. One night we heard the sound of breaking glass and the smell of smoke. Our apartment was on fire. No one was hurt, but everyone lost all they owned. Later we found out it was arson.

I went to stay with my Father's Aunt and my Brother and Sisters with our Grandmother. Two weeks later still getting past all that happened with the fire and all we lost. I was grateful that no one lost their lives but I began to feel sad and couldn't seem to get rid of the feeling.

I wrote about it hoping it would help to get it off my mind, but it didn't help much. I still felt sad and was obsessing over why when the rest of my family had no such problem. I talked to my Mother about it. She understood and said I would get past the sad feeling sooner or later and not to worry.

I tried to heed her advice but weeks later it only seemed to get worse. I found myself in tears for no reason feeling so sad. That night I prayed to God to give me peace to take the feeling away.

That night I went to bed. Later that night I felt something odd and I woke up unsure of what happened. I looked across the room, over at the wall. Above the desk I saw two eyes. For some reason I was not afraid of them. Even though all I saw was the eyes I seem to know she was smiling at me.

I felt at peace and just laid back down and fell asleep instantly. The next day the sad feeling was gone but remembered the event with complete clarity.

Other hauntings by adove

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, adove, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

adove (6 stories) (12 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-10-14)
zaruje

Thank you for your kind words. The eyes were normal eyes no color. I too felt it was an angel.
Bastet (2 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-05)
Hi Adove, It was very interesting to read about your experiences in the house! It was bit similar to the story I once shared here: https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24678
What I didn't tell there was that I had heard that one of the builders who worked on this apartment construction had hanged himself in our apartment. This info was overheard and not 100% approved, so I went to the police station to investigate - but they appear not to keep those type of records that far back. The apartment always had atmosphere of overwhelming sadness and entrapment. My Mum was always depressed and attempted suicide once. I totally get how you feel about wanting to help the wandering soul; I myself in last few years (when visiting the apartment) said few prayers and left candles there. I hope it helped!
Pinksweety (28 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-05)
Zaruje, I have seen a pair of fluorescent green glowing eyes without pupils staring through the window pane while the street dogs all howled in a perfect chorus. It was around midnight & I was trying to sleep. I guess it was a warning signal. The fact that even the dogs acknowledged its presence is very baffling as though they were welcoming it.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-05)
Hi adove! I am so sorry about what happened to your previous apartment. I am not an expert nor I am trying to project myself as one, but I think what you felt was normal especially after experiencing such a traumatic incident. I do believe that whatever you saw that night, was your angel of some sort. Can you please describe more the eyes? Was it the eyes of a normal human being?

Thankfully no one in your family got hurt. Thank you for sharing!

Z ❤ ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: