You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Runs Back And Forth On Roof Between 2am - 5am

Real Ghost Stories

Runs Back And Forth On Roof Between 2am - 5am

 

I was recently was recalling things from my past whem an strange event came flooding back. First of all, forgive my writing as I was never good at it.

When I was younger, around 15, I was living in Kenya, east Africa. One night around 3-4am I heard stomping on the roof. I was living on a farm so there wasn't much light at night. I went outside to investigate but did not turn on the outside light on my way out. What I saw on the roof was a man dressed in a long coat, wearing work type boots.

I immediately began to yell at the man to get off the roof. As I did not turn the light on when I went outside, I could not make out much detail other than it was the shape of a man.

After my rant to this man, he proceeded to jump off my roof and landed about 40 feet from where I was standing. I had grabbed a muche when I had stepped outside, so when this person landed on the ground I noticed that his knees did not bend.

At this point I went defensive, clutching my mache tightly and stepping back my right leg, ready for him to attack me. I waited for a minute. He just stood there, then turned and ran away. I thought he was just a drunk or high on some kind of drug. I gave it no more thought and went back to sleep.

Before I tell the rest of my story I am going to say why I am writing this. I am writing this to warn anyone who this may happen to, and fits the description of a heavy person running on your roof around 4am, not to just go running out to see what is there. I will now finish my story.

One year later I once again was woken up to the sound of someone running back and forth on the roof. My reaction was the same as it was a year earlier. I grabbed my mache open the front door but this time I turned on the front porch lights. My front porch lights consisted of (8) 100 watt bulbs and lit up the front of the house.

Well this time when I went out, I could see the details of this person on my roof. What I saw was not a man, even though it was wearing clothes this time. I immediately went on defense and this thing immediately jumped off my roof.

I clutched my mache, which was razor sharp, and took a combative stance. I showed no fear to this thing and I believe it knew I would stand and fight. It stood only 20 or so feet away, staring at me before turning and running into the dark.

I'm not going to describe what it looked like because I am not writing this to scare anyone, but to warn them to be careful. Over the years I learned that this creature has been around for some years and has attracted people who stepped out not armed.

I usually don't tell anybody about this but as I get older I become more concerned for others. I am now 60 and did one more time encounter this creature in Canada in February at 2:30 at -30 degrees run back and forth on my daughter's roof.

Hopefully my story may help someone stay safe.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ManInBlue, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-05)
I've never heard of such a thing and would be terrified if I saw it! 😨 Well you've helped me stay safe, because if I ever hear something on my roof I'm NOT going outside. Thank you for sharing. ❤
Demon-Slayer_ (3 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-11-03)
This Is Interesting! I've Learned Alot From Your Experience Sir.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-28)
Very interesting. I learn something new every time I read this site.
Awoken (2 stories) (21 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-27)
Show no fear is good advice. I have no experience with what you described, but I do agree with you that showing fear or running away would have been a terrible idea.

Thank you for sharing.
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
Also just to add up since I can't edit my previous posts. Some Aswangs also tend to stay on the roof of their targetted preys. They make some noises on the roof as well like walking on it or if they are Manananggals, they have half upper body with bat wings so some flapping of wings can be heard on the roof as well.

There seem to have some similarities on that, I just noticed.

Thanks and God bless.
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
I saw your post, thank you for enlightening me. I always welcome new informations.

I'm just curious though if these creatures can be categorize to some Philippines version of "aswangs". They are what we call human looking people on daytime but can shapeshift into something else during the night to prey on people's entrails or organs. They can have claws too but I don't know about lizard skins. They can however be beast-like and has superhuman strength as what you described like jumping with extraordinary feats.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
My response was meant for DarruiuxDarkk and not ManInBlue--Ooops.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
ManInBlue--I've never seen Spring heeled Jack but from what I've read it's sounds like what you described. According to reports of the creature, it did have clawed hands. All the reports I've ever read of Spring heeled Jack took place in the UK.

Most online sources state that sightings of the creature died down by 1880 but I remember reading an article in Fortean Times some years ago that detailed more recent reports from the 1950s.

There are many articles of Spring heeled Jack online you can read. There are many theories on what the creature was, running the gamut from a ghost to a prankster aristocrat. I've never heard of reports from Canada or Kenya but I'm no expert on the subject.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
MIB - did the entity leave any tracks on the snow? If so, what was their shape and where did they go?
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
What's a spring heeled jack. That's fairly new to me. I can google it but I want to hear on people who encountered this creature first.

Also based from the description is it possible that he is human just sort of deformed? I don't know. I like to hear more of this being. Thank you.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
ManInBlue--The creature you're referring to isn't Jumping Jack but Spring Heeled Jack, the legend of which dates back to the late 1830s.
ManInBlue (1 stories) (1 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
I am posting a description of the man I saw on the roof that day.

What I saw that day was what looked like a man.
This man was dressed in pants with a shirt, he was wearing a trench coat that went as far down as the knee.

The trench coat had large buttons in the front, of which non were done up.

This is the strange part, this man's face looked like snake skin. His hands had large claws at least 3 inches long.

The man's eyes appeard to be normal.
There is a similar creature that is recorded in police records in London England.

The events of this creature happened in the 1950. The creature was some times refered to as "jumping Jack".

This jumping Jack got the name due to its ability to jump from roof top to roof top when police were in presute of it.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
Was this creature human, or was it a non-human humanoid? Does this creature have a name in your culture? Can this entity be harmed by physical weapons? This is so intriguing and I have so many questions!
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-24)
Hi ManInBlue,

Did you get a good look at it's facial features? Did it look human at all?

If you describe it in a specific way, the description may help to jog someone's memory if it has been seen before.

What happened to the people who came out of their houses unarmed?

Thank you for sharing, Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: