You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Our Son's Help at the Hospital

Real Ghost Stories

Our Son's Help at the Hospital

 

Our almost five year old son is normally a unnaturally healthy young man. In most situations he can survive another threat of any nasty bug that hits his sitters home with the grace of someone whose immune system is in advanced stages of perfection. However, this past Sunday at a Superbowl party at the local VFW, he came in contact with one that he could not fight off on his own.

By the time Super Tuesday rolled around he could not keep water down, even with the use of Phenergan liquid and brown rice broth. In our concern, we contacted his personal doctor who directed us to immediately take him to the emergency room in the local hospital. My husband rushed to the sitters, and took him there as I was several cities away and it would take me, legally, two hours to get to him.

Just as a side note: It took me less than an hour that day to arrive at the hospital. When I rushed into the room, he beamed his smile in my direction and filled me in on what had already transpired. His Daddy by his side, he said "Why do you look worried? It's Daddy's turn..." I had to smile. He has such a simplistic way of looking at things, and in that, we see his wisdom.

After about an hour of sitting and waiting to make sure the extra medications would help him fight this off, we heard the unmistakable sounds of an ambulance arriving. As I was still in scrubs, I was asked to help in the transference of the inflicted into the room where he would be examined. I hastily tried to explain that I have no medical training and was in no position to administer any type of medical assistance. I was still urged down the hall to the waiting opened doors of the ER.

The gentleman had a self inflicted wound to his chest and the outlook was not good. No one was talking to him. They talked amongst themselves in the normal medical lingo that most of us struggle through and steadfastly would not look down on the gurney at this man.

I looked down at him as we were rushing to the exam room and caught his eye, then greeted him. I asked his name, age, how he came to be where he was at that time. I asked about his family, about pets. That was quite a long hallway and I felt I knew the basics about him by the time we got him settled into the room that the medical staff soon vacated. When I finally looked up, out of the depths of those desperate, deep brown eyes, I realized that we were alone save for the nurse prepping him for his procedure. Deep inside, I cried out for his safety and for the release of this fear that bound him.

While walking back to my son's room, a single thought repeated itself frequently. "Do not leave him..." I kept answering that thought with, I am not. I am heading to his room now. My husband took one look at me and wryly smiled, knowing my inner turmoil. My son said "Go back. He needs you, too..."

As I struggled with the idea to return to the man, as opposed to staying with our son, our son hopped off the bed and took my hand. He walked down the hall, around the corner, down another hall and into the man's room. I did not tell him where to go, neither did I tell him it was a man that I had talked to. No one stopped us as we took that walk. We passed two nurses and the doctor who was treating our son. We passed two nursing stations, and still no one stopped us.

I stood in the curtain-way and watched my son go to the bed and reach down to pick up the man's hand as it hung over the side of the bed. Startled, he looked up and saw me standing there. I then explained that our son was there for treatment also, and that he wanted to see the man. Tears glistened in the man's eyes and he touched our son's face so gently, I knew him to have children of his own.

The two "men" talked for a bit, and soon my husband was walking down the hall searching us out. Our son was being released as the doctor had seen to him while I was helping out the ER staff, and he was being sent home. The man understood and thanked us for taking the time to sit with him. He said he felt like no one was there to help him and he wanted to go home.

Our son stopped in the curtain-way, turned around and walked back up to the gentleman. He again took his hand and said "When you get back home, please tell Jerome you will never leave again. You tell him that you are there to stay. He does not like being alone..."

The man positively crumbled. I could actually see him shrink in stature and deflate within himself. He looked up at me and asked "Who is this little man?"

What we had no clue of knowing was that while the Father was rushed to the same hospital that we were in, his son was taken to the children's hospital in Indianapolis. Apparently what had happened was that they were "practicing" a dangerous "sport" and the son was mortally wounded. The father had not yet been told of his son's fate. After the helicopter came to take his son, the father was so distressed that he wounded himself in the same manner that his son was wounded. This took only seconds as no one had yet removed the weapon in question.

And on the news this morning, was the telling of the fathers fate as well.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, whitebuffalo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-20)
Sadly, no, chopis.
Neither the son (who passed away at the Children's hospital) nor the father survived. It is a good lesson for those who seem to think such games do not tempt our mortality.
Wa-do.
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-20)
Hello whitebuffalo,

I'm reading this story and I'm very curoious to know what happened to the adult and the son?, did they survived?,...I know it's being so long since you posted this but would really appreciate if you take the time to respond:)
Thanks,

Claudia
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-18)
Miss_Cannabis, sorry I am so late in responding, things are rather interesting this time of year.
Thank you for your comment and reading through this. Feel free to travel through any of my submitted stories.
Thank you.
Miss_Cannabis (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
I have read most of your stories and I think they are all very wonderful. Your son sounds extremely bright as well. He reminds me of my neice. But anyways I look forward to reading more of your stories!

God bless.😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
Kirie toeleossou iston eona taerga tonhironsou mipatridis. Prosheseistin voithianmou Kirie tissotiriasmou.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
In the Name of The Great Spirit,
And by the power of His Blood and His Mercy,
We bind all spirits in the air, and the fire and the water,
In the ground and the underground and the nether world,
And we bind any satanic forces of nature.
We bind all curses, hexes, or spells, or any occult activity previously used.
We bind the interaction and interplay of spirits.
And we claim the protection
Of the Great Spirit
Over this house and grounds, and over every person here.
We call upon the ancestors of the land
And the company of angels to surround this place,
Making it both safe and sacred.
And we call out to you, O Great Spirit.
Come now and fill this place, never to leave!
We pray in the name of the Great Spirit, Amen.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
You know, AshleyHalliwell,
I actually had to go through the comments here as I THOUGHT we had come up with a name for this "sport", but I guess we really never did. I just assume (yes, I KNOW it is not a good idea to assume😊) it is called Daggers. Really a pointless "game" in MY opinion.
I also believe that the reason my SON is still so perceptive is due, in part, to his young age. I also try VERY HARD not to discourage his line of thought. IF it is something I can HELP him with, I will try. If it is something I am not familiar with, I will LOOK.
OFTEN times, it is HE who is teaching ME.
Thank you.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Wow! I've heard before that children are sometimes more receptive to spirits then others, because their minds haven't had time to not believe and block them out. I feel just awful for the man and the kid. If you don't mind me asking could you say what the 'sport' that they were 'practicing' was. If not I understand. Your child must be very gifted.

~Blessed Be~
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Wow your son is a very gifted young man! Its possible for many child to see a spirit we can not see.
But very few children can determine the outlook of another living beings future like your son! Your son has a divine gift and a special way of connecting with others and prediciting outcomes! He is truly very special hes psychic!

Its not uncommon. That many kids may be able to see or feel spirits we can not see through say a imaginary friend they see or a baby simply laughing in a corner at nothing we can see. Or a child suddenly feeling a little ill with a tummy bug backtracked to the day someone died. Lilike and Locke laughed at nothign as babies. Locke who started crying a lot then all of a sudden laughed at nothing as a baby. Said recentlyI love you to nothing and hugged nothing but thin air then after he hugs us all he hugs himself and he shortens his sentences to rofl that boy is so well thinks its great to act all funny! I think he was born the day my dads nanna died. Thats what my dad told me. I was named after her! Also Locke means Forest and Sylvia myy dads name and my dads nannas name means Forest. No Locke is not forest gump rofl. Lilike who was born sick with suspected sepsis and is a survivor of high risk pregnancy adn is usually very healthy fell with Gastro and had tummy pains the day her Hungarian Great Grammy died. Also her Great Grammys name was her 3rd name (middle name)

Lilike born at 2:05pm
Locke born at 5:20pm put 20 infront of 5 and you get 2:05pm
Thats coolio:)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-03)
Hello SnailBug,
I am terribly sorry this story confused you. I would be more than happy to break it down for you, if you like. Or you could check out any of the other stories, under my profile, that pertain to my sons abilities.
I wear scrubs at work as I work in nursing homes, and in retirement communities. I also work in clients homes as a companion, housekeeper, reader etc, and HAVE to appear as a professional. MOST of our clientel recognize scrubs as a uniform worn by someone who can be trusted.

Hi Tammy! ***waving***
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
Dear Snailbug, I have been reading your comments for quite some time now and I think that although reading different opinions and evaluations of the various experiences is something encouraged by the site, you seem to come off a little too aggressive. Sometimes before posting your comment it's useful to search the profile of the poster and look into their history. Many of us have been here for quite some time and tend to consider that certain things we leave out are already known by the readers simply because we have mentioned them earlier.

Please try to use a more gentle tone when commenting on the stories. All of us are here to seek answers to questions not to undermine anyone if their story doesn't "ring" true to our own ears.

Thank you
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
This was so confusing... And why were you in scrubs if you are not medical personnel?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Thank you, Cody, for taking the time to read my story. I always enjoy seeing your name before one of the comments on my pages. Please, keep reading!

Thank you, Brownie09. I feel that he is an amazing young man as well. Though I MAY be a tad bit biased. 😊 I see him doing some wondrous things that someone his age really should not be capable of. I only pray that I am strong enough to help him along his way.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Hey, I would just like to say that is the most touching story I have ever read, your son, was brought into this world to help other people, and it's not weird he has a special gift and he will know how to deal with it when he is older just relax a little and everything will be fine. He sounds like an amazing little boy. 😊
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Long time no comment it seems for me. Very Interesting usually I would have given my best explanation to what was written but to me this was self explanitory.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-01)
Hello MFD, and thank you so much for your comment. Being human, yes, I do sometimes still doubt my abilities as a Mother to this interesting young man. 😊 Of course, I would have to think most Mothers do, at times.
It is just that at times he makes me feel inadequate in the light of his knowledge. Some of the things he comes up with, even if he was twenty, I have a hard time grasping. He can read minds, at times, which makes all of my fears of inadequacy come to the forefront. 😆
But then, kids are supposed to keep us on our toes. Or rather, as I have been told by our Medicine Man, on our knees in prayer to the Great Spirit.
Thanks again.
MFD (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-30)
What a beautiful and touching story. I read from the previous comments that you were going through a tough time where you doubted yourself as to whether you were capable of helping your son who had such gifts. Are you still doubting yourself now? Your son chose YOU for a reason, because he felt that you do indeed have the strength to help him through this life time. And from reading some of your other stories, I also believe this to be true. Don't ever doubt yourself or your abilities.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
Yep! Sure will Chris!
Thank you Jessica. I believe that too. But it scares the crud out of me what I KNOW he will go through as he learns all there is to learn before he can "move on" to the next level. He just knows and thinks too much like an adult already, and I want so much for him to be able to be a child.
😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-18)
Whitebuffalo if you hear anything from Rhodes could you let her know that I sent the email to her but I don't know if she got it. Thank you and thak you for sending her email to me 😁 I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Jessica_ (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
Your son is blessed. This story is amazing, honestly.
He was put on this earth to do something big.
Don't stop him.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
The most astounding thing about this whole experience, to me, chelleck, was that I offered no information to my son. He did not know where the man was, or anything about him through me. Someone else was giving him the information and leading him. Probably that is why it scared me so much. 😆
Thanks again for commenting.
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
Wow this is moving story, powerful. I oculd not help but to tear up. Thanks for sharing it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-12)
Thank you ChrisB for your words of support and the congrats. I do hope to be around for a while longer, I learn so much from this site! Somehow I even missed noting that I had hit the big 1000! Thank you, I hope you are here for the 2000 also.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-11)
Hi WB. I have already once commented on this story so I won't be writing the sme thing all over. I just wanted to congratulate you on having your 1000th post. Too bad that I wasn't there 😢.But I'm very glad that you have shared your thoughts with us and giving us a helpfull hand. I hope you will be with us for a long time and I will try to be there when you reach 2000 post. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Forgotten_angel (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
hey- just got your post. I really don't fear it, it is a shadow spirit. Shadow spirits feed off of fear.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Thanks Daphanie,
I checked out that story and WOW! What gets me is that I have been systematically going through the archives checking out the stories trying to see something that may have a bit of that light that I need, and there it sat.
When I posted that comment asking where to go now, I thought to myself (Honestly. You should have seen me over here 😊) Great Spirit, NOW WHERE, and looked up to the area where the similar titles are posted and thought...Hmmmm. Thank you very, very much.

Hey Shaggy,
Yes. This is the absolute first time where strangers fit into the equation. Formerly the things that he said and eluded to (Like in the instance when he and my Father-in-Law were together before he passed and he said he would explain when I was ready) ALL centered on the family. It would branch out to cousins, Grandparents, and the like, but it was just about the family.
If this WAS a test, like you suggested, I fell he passed it with flying colors and on the wings of an Eagle. I must be failing it miserably. I just have so many FEELINGS about it all. It seems as if I am analyzing every detail, including those of the Father and the son, my sons illness, the choice of hospitals (the one I would have chosen was in a different city and approximately the same distance from the sitters) the fact that the sitter is a registered nurse, (non practicing, but still registered) just... Everything.
Maybe I have not studied for the test enough and that is why I am feeling so "out there" like I am caught at school in my pajamas.
Thank you. I had not thought of it before as perhaps this was the first test. The first REAL test, I mean. Much, much more to think on. What no one else knows is a friend came to me with a dream, and IF this were a test, I have the answer to that dream, too.
Click, snap. Right into place.

Peace to you both, my friends.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
Hello WB. I have a question, was this the first time for G3 to "intervene" in a situation outside of the "family circle"? The reason I'm asking is this could have been a test. A test of his abilities/how he handles himself and maybe of your-you,G2,Essie-reactions to it emotionally. I may be way off base with this but I had to ask. Take care my friend.

FRAWIN ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
Hey Buffy. I just read a story on here called, "My 7 Year Old Son Lives With Multiple Ghosts". Read it.

❤ME
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
Hey Daphanie,
Oh, I would never want him to be normal, where would be the fun in that?!
But seriously, I would love for him to be able to be SECURE in his abilities and to UNDERSTAND that not all children can do this. What is amazing is, I think he already realizes this.
We do try to treat him just like any other child (By the way, HE turns five at the end of July), with the exception being when one of these days roll around (and it is hard to do when he tells us that he will explain when we are ready). There have been times when we have had to whisper to him that now was not the time, and if he could wait, we would discuss it in the car 😆, but most generally we can tell by the look on his face that something is going on.
Thank you so much. Your insight has been an eye opener and has helped me work through some of the things that have been bugging me lately.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
VELMA. As you already know, being a mother is very emotionally trying at times. You cannot help but feel the way you do. We all want our children to just be normal, or atleast I think MOST people do, because we do not know what they may have to face in the world when they are found out. I think that so far your son has a pretty good handle on his gift and accepting it. Just be careful not to discourage him or make him feel, well, different. I don't think you are making him feel different than others because you know he is special and I'm sure you treat him that way. Be careful not to treat him TOO special as this may backfire and make him feel different and not like everyone else. He might, in the future, feel as though he doesn't belong because he has this gift and it weighs heavy on him. I know it is hard to sit back and see how things turn out. All I can suggest is that you take things one step at a time and deal with situations as they come and pray that this is as hard as it gets. He may grow out of this in the future. Right now his mind is not tainted by this world and society but one day it might be. He is only four. My son will be five at the end of March and I couldn't imagine going through this with him but I know it would be something I would have to accept because I wouldn't really have a choice in the matter. Just be there for him always.

SHELBY ❤ 😊

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: