You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Brother Showing Me Early Signs

Real Ghost Stories

Brother Showing Me Early Signs

 

For starters I'm going to say that this is my very first story here on this website. I love reading other people's ghosts stories here so I'm excited to share one of my own!

Recently on March 30th, 2020, my oldest brother Ronnie passed away so suddenly. We have all been devastated since we've received the bad news. Anyways let me get into the story now. I will try to keep it short.

On Sunday, I spoke to my brother out loud and asked him to give me signs to let me know he's okay up there. About two hours later I was in my room and began to clean. I had a movie on the tv but I wasn't paying attention due to me cleaning. Both of my remotes were on my bed, not around anything that can fall and land on the remotes to make it change channels or press buttons. As I'm spraying Lysol on my drawer, I noticed that the menu button on my cable remote was pressed. I instantly knew it was my brother because I had just asked for a sign and I'm positive that nothing else made the menu button be pressed. So instead of the movie being full screen, it showed the my library and guide section. If you have spectrum cable you'll understand.

Yesterday I was watching the Kardashians on demand because I missed the episode on Thursday. I paused the show about 40 minutes in, so I had about 15-20 minutes left to watch of that episode. If you know how the on demand works on spectrum cable, you'd understand that it doesn't go straight into the next episode of the show UNLESS you've completed the episode before. It literally just went right into the next episode without me pressing anything or without me even being done watching the episode I had on!

Now today was different... I feel like he was getting to me through the tv before because he knew I was glued to it. Today I was a bit more distracted and wasn't paying attention to the tv so I guess he took a different approach. I was on FaceTime with my ex telling her about a tiny toothpaste that I have. I've always kept it in a ziplock bag along with dental floss and mint drops. I haven't touched that bag in months, nor do I use the drawer that the ziplock bag was in. When I pulled out the bag I saw a dime in there. I was so confused as to why a random coin was in there. When I went on google I searched "signs that your deceased loved ones are around" and I came across an article that said spirits will use coins to show you signs! Specifically a DIME. It all made sense to me when I sat and thought about it. I vividly remember the last time having that bag out and it definitely did NOT have that dime in there before. I always put my coins in this metal container that I have. And to think he didn't visit me today but he did, he just found another way to do so because I wasn't glued to the tv like normally. It's a bittersweet moment knowing that he visits me but I can't physically see him.

Does anyone think it was actually him visiting me to let me know he was okay? Tell me what you think in the comments.

I miss my brother so much. 😔😔 RIP Ronald 💙🙏🏼

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ashleypo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-08)
Hello Ashleypo, thanks for sharing. I think your brother has come to tell you that he is ok and to comfort you. Loved ones come back after passing on to comfort the near and dear and to indicate to them that they are ok on the other side of the realm.

Welcome to YGS and sorry for your loss.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-30)
Hi Ahleypo,

My condolences for your loss, I'm sorry this is the reason for your first posting here.

I don't doubt for a second these were the will of Ronald.

Regarding the dime, there's an experience by KindlyRefrain which features a coin. At least one of the commenters mentions similar phenomena:
Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24539
It's interesting that this is documented as a common method of communication.

There are times on here when I believe an OP is overreacting to TV malfunctioning. But this ain't one of them. You know your TV and how everything is supposed to run. But more importantly the timing of everything you describe points to one culprit. I say treasure it. I think playing with the TV would be the easiest way to get our attention, makes sense.
Pinksweety (28 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-27)
I lost my father in 2014. He visits me in dreams. I know he is still wit us. May god rest his soul in peace.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-27)
I think back to all the times I found a dime in the middle of nowhere - it has happened to me a lot! I have never heard about spirits leaving behind dimes to let you know that they are thinking about you, but now I have a new frame of reference to tuck into my bag of memories. I really like that thought.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
Hello Ashley,

My condolences on your loss. In a previous comment I have addressed as to how our deceased loved ones never fails to ease our dilemma in difficult times.

I believe I came across another one like that. I am mostly intrigued by such stories, a pleasent one. It sometimes makes me feel emotional as despite of not being present with us physically they shower us with their guidance and love, which is beyond the physical touch. They just never leave our side.

I also tend to reflect on the relationships I have neglected being busy in my day-to-day life and certainly this conscience hits me to correct my mistake.

I enjoyed reading your account. Thanks for sharing.

Peace
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
Ashley, I am so so sorry for your loss. Finding the dime in the bag when you absolutely know it wasn't there before...wow, if that's not a sign from him, I don't know what is. Especially because of the timing. A bag that you haven't touched in months, you happen to open it because you were talking about it today, and finding a dime that shouldn't be there. I truly believe your brother was letting you know he's okay and still with you. Thank you for sharing this, and take good care.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
Hello Ashley and welcome to YGS,

Maybe your brother was trying to find you something better to watch... A man after my own heart ❤

I truly believe that when you speak to a loved one, who has passed, with one hundred percent of your heart, they will hear you. I am very sorry that you lost your brother. Speak to him and he will hear you. It will help.

Rest in Peace Ronald

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: