You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Black Mass And Mimic

Real Ghost Stories

Black Mass And Mimic

 

Not so long ago, I lived with my boyfriend, B. The house was built in the early 80's and to my knowledge, had none of the typical events that would cause paranormal activities. I have recently moved from the home in which these events took place and am no longer experiencing this. It was however, very unnerving when it happened over a period of four to five years.

There was a corner of the basement that always creeped me out. I saw a black mass there on several occasions. It was not transparent but appeared solid and seemed to suck the light from the surrounding area. It did not expand or contract in size. Sort of like a black storm cloud somehow captured in a finite space. I also saw this thing move past the upstairs doorways - always in doorways, right?

I got the distinct feeling it was connected to the voices. Not just any voices, but OUR voices...

The first time this happened, I was alone except for Luke, my dog. I was painting in the bedroom at the end of the hall. I heard the door open and close and thought "awesome, B is home early". While I put down my paint brush, Luke went toward the front door, as he usually does when B comes home. So, I'm walking down the hall and hear B say "hi", just as he does. But, when I get to the room, no one is there. Just Luke, wagging his tail and looking excited like he does when B comes home...WEIRD. It was several hours before B came home, at the normal time.

Over the next few years, I hear B's voice on many more occasions when he is not there. It sounded exactly like him and said things he would say. Usually just single words, "hi" or "hey" or even my name. B has a very deep, smooth and distinctive voice and this thing copied it perfectly.

Finally, I tell B I've heard "talking" in the house, WITHOUT mentioning it has his voice. And he says he's heard it too several times and - get this - it sounds just like me! So now I know he won't think I'm crazy and share the whole story with him. I find that his experiences are very similar to mine.

HOW CREEPY -What sort of thing does this and why?

Maybe this thing was trying to put us at ease (big fail), but to what end?

Other hauntings by Solveig

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Solveig, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

InTheNight (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-02-10)
It could be an etiäinen. That doesn't explain the shadow, though.

How long did it take for you/B to come home after B/you had heard the voice?
FarEndofSpectrum (6 stories) (38 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-08-10)
There is a concept where I come from that's called a Nishi. A Nishi mimics the voice of your loved one and calls your name. If you answer it, you have brought from small misfortune, to certain death to yourself. A Nishi only calls at night. It cannot say your name thrice. So if you wait for them to call your name thrice and then answer, you should be safe from a Nishi.
Solveig (3 stories) (7 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-30)
What's the name of your YouTube channel?
I'd like to check it out
VelvetHorrorYT (1 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-13)
Hi, can I use this story to narrate on my Youtube Channel?

Thanks!
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-04)
Not to cast doubt on your experience, but high EMFs may be to blame for seeing the black mass in the cellar. It's a fact that high electromagnetic fields can cause hallucinations. Http://paranormalsocieties.com/articles/emf-and-the-paranormal.cfm

As for the voices, that IS strange since you both experienced them. I once heard my mother's voice call my name so clearly in a quiet room that I called her immediately just to make sure she was alright (she was). I do believe, like Silverthane61, it could have been a byproduct of your close relationship. Your brains were wired to hear each other since you were on the same "wavelength", so to speak.

Or it could all be supernatural. Some things we will just never know for sure.
😊
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-04)
Melda- Doppelganger spirits generally are the perfect copy of the human host, it means they are literally the person in every way, as they are generally spirits they have a separate existence and only copy the person physically sometimes in behaviours as well.

But these masses don't have a separate existence they can only perform the actions done by the person which it has recorded nothing new of its own, that too in a repetitive manner. It can copy the person physically but can't usually interact with other humans or in some cases it can't move as well, it can't sense or feel the other humans like others spirits do.
Solveig (3 stories) (7 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-03-03)
Just to address some of the questions posted...
This occurred in south central PA, south of Gettysburg - so far south, I might be able to hit Maryland if I threw a rock hard enough.
B and I have since gone our separate ways. I bought an old Victorian home in lower York County and have been very happy with it. It has a very loving vibe about it and so far, no weirdness.

My dog, Luke, is very protective and usually goes into a barking fit if anyone approaches. That said, he's also a big sissy.
But he definitely does not like everyone.

Silverthane, I think you may be onto something with your theory. B and I were very close and connected for most of our relationship. Now that I think about it, as we became disconnected, I no longer heard the voice, Strange thing, the human psyche.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-28)
Hi Solveig just like you I have also experienced black masses float above me and run past me, when I was younger I used to also regularly hear disembodied voices of family and friends especially when I was alone but all it ever did was call my name.

My experiences weren't harmful so it's hard to say for sure if it's good or bad generally, do you feel that the voices and black mass could be harmful or menacing?
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-28)
Socracy - You say "like a doppelganger but less advanced one". What do you mean by that? I sense a bit of confusion here.

Regards, Melda
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-27)
Solveig,

I agree with Lucia that the voices and the black mass are separate entities.

The actions of your dog might be an indicator of whether these things might have been malevolent. Luke doesn't seem to have sensed anything "off" in your house. You said that he was very excited to think that "B" was home and I think that, as silverthane has suggested, the voices may be a product of yourselves.

Is your dog, Luke, otherwise protective of you and your house when a stranger comes to the door?

I base my comment on the behavior of dogs that I have had in my life. Not all dogs are the same; there are plenty that are happy to see ANYONE.

Well, I am glad that you found another house! It isn't good for you to live in a place that makes you uncomfortable. Thank you for an interesting read!

- Maria
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-27)
I think the mass is separate from the voices. 2 separate entities.

What county or general area of PA is this in?
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-27)
I don't know. I have a couple of guesses. First you and/or your partner are somehow psychically creating your own haunt in the same way that people create their own poltergeists through their own inherent psychic energy. If this is the case, then I would not worry too much. The second theory of mine is that this represents a separate, intelligent force - possibly related to the black mass that you have seen. If this is the case, then I would see about having it removed from your home - at least I would not be comfortable with such a presence sharing my living space.
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-27)
Quite interesting!

I'm no expert on this matter but still would like to suggest a gesture to explain this phenomenon.

First of all the masses are of various kinds such as red masses, black masses or sometimes misty silver masses.

For black masses there can be different reason of formation:

It is usually caused due to tremendous amount of energy (generally negative) is being occupied in a particular area for a long time forming a mass as a epitome the energies.

The more is the intensity of this emotional source the more darker and solidified it is. These masses are a visual memory of the events which had already occured in the house, and since it a memory at certain times it tends to enact the situations already happened in the house.

These masses usually feed on living people's emotions to make it's presence feel stronger. They are a bad omen if their size gets incredibly large.

Probably that mass was feeding off the energy from B therefore it is enacting the same as him/her.

It only plays the events already happened like greeting hi/hey as the person does. It is a personification of the person.

However moving masses are more dangerous as they often tend to follow the source from which they derive their energy, you can see some people having an usually gloomy atmosphere around them. It tends to suck the life energy of it's host until it becomes a perfect human resemblance of it's host.

Like a doppelganger but less advanced one.

But I would like to know how this happening came to a halt?

What happened to black mass?

Have B got affected by it in any way?

Just curious:)

Regards ❤
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-26)
Solveig - I have heard of and read about unexplained black masses but have never personally experienced this phenomenon. I'm sure you'll get a few educated opinions on this but I'd rather not make an uneducated guess.

I don't know whether the voices that you heard were linked to the "mass" but hearing voices is not uncommon. I have heard unexplained voices for years, as well as conversations amongst two or three "participants" but can never understand what they are saying.

I hear my husband calling me regularly, even when he isn't home. At one stage, even times when he was home, I simply ignored it, much to his chagrin because often he was in fact looking for me. Now when I hear him calling I hover around, just in case he did call. If he doesn't say anything, I carry on with whatever I was doing. I don't want to make an issue of it because he tends to tease and next thing he'll be telling the kids that their mother hears voices in her head and you know what that denotes!

I think you've raised an interesting topic and I'll follow this thread to see what other members have to say.

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: