You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spiritual Copying Of A Sibling

Real Ghost Stories

Spiritual Copying Of A Sibling

 

When I was 16. I recently started living with my mom in this apartment complex in Phoenix. I was sleeping on the couch and woke up to a cat cry. My mom's door was open and I could see from the room where I was sleeping. My mom's ex boyfriend, Marcus had accidentally stepped on the our cat Sandy's tail. As I faintly am waking up I see a silhouette of my brother walking out of the room and even spoke with a sarcastic attitude, as usual. He said " nice job". Towards the fact he hurt the cat then he walked out of the room to the bathroom (which had the light on already). My mom and her ex then walk out and say they are going to do some errands and leave me with my brother... At least I thought.

So 30 minutes after they leave. I have to pee super bad, so I'm waiting for my brother to get out of the bathroom and an hour later he still in there. I thought he's going to get out he probably has a bad stomach or he's shaving. 30 minutes later the door finally opens and the light is on and everything. I was so happy cause I was holding it for almost an hour and a half. But it was strange because he wasn't coming out when it opened. Then all the sudden the door closed back up and got locked. And I was furious I even yelled " dude I gotta pee!" I'm a trooper so I kept holding it. After another 30 minutes my mom came home and she went in her room to lie down. At this point I was mad and finally got up to go kick my bro out. I went to the bathroom and I knock, but no answer. I open the door preparing for the worst because I don't know what I'm walking in on, gross. But then I open it and no one was in there the whole time. I went to the bathroom mad and freaked out cause I was confused and I held my pee for 2 hours straight.

I went to ask my mom" where the hell is Gabe I thought he was in the bathroom! I had to pee for 2 hours."

She just stared at me and told me. " Uh Gabriel never came home last night. His bike is not even here". I checked and yeah his bike was gone. I literally a had a spirit make me hold my pee for 2 hours. I never heard of a spirit copying a appearance of a person you know but that was the first time I've experienced something like that.

The scary part about it was it knew I was waiting and it even opened the door to make me think that my brother was there. It was just really freaky - something like that can outsmart you or even mess with you. As silly as the story sounds it was creepy and very memorable when your waiting for 2 hours to pee so focused on the bathroom. Have you've ever seen a ghost that can pretend to be someone you know? I would love to know about it and why if you have info on this. (Please excuse my grammar if I've made any mistakes.)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SweetNova, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jb66 (6 stories) (5 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-28)
Yes! I'm honestly happy to see that someone else has had an experience where something has copied the appearance of a family member. It has happened to me at least twice in my home. I actually never knew so many people have interacted with these "doppelgangers". I know it can be pretty scary when something can actually take the appearance of someone you love. Thanks so much for sharing!

Sincerely,
JB
girl25 (5 stories) (28 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-24)
paranormal and doppelganger like your story happens to me as well, I think it is a bad omen, Gabe is he fine? This is my question, anything happened to him?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-20)
Hello SweetNova, you said that you woke up and saw your cat's tail was accidentally stepped on by your Mom's ex. I feel that when you wake up from a deep slumber, you tend to have some illusions. It might be one of the reasons why you thought you saw your brother. And as far as the door of the bathroom was concerned, you said it got shut. Was there any possibility that it might have been due to some wind. After this, whether you had any other experience relating to unexplained events at the apartment? Otherwise, as Biblio said, it might be one-off event.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
en_chuu (4 stories) (27 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-17)
Yikes! Same sentiments as Tweed; so not going to the washroom in the middle of the night in the near future.

Could you clarify which room the doppelganger came from? I assume you were sleeping in the living room area of the apartment. Is that where it materialized?

Thank you for sharing your story!
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-17)
So glad I don't drink anything half an hour before bed. Really hate having to go pee, ghost or no.

Hi SweetNova,

My thoughts were along the lines of Biblio's. I wonder in these kinds of moments if the mind fills in the information that it expects to receive, your brother's voice, without actually hearing your brother. Like if you could replay what you heard you may clearly hear it isn't him. But because it was likely him you took it for granted it was. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for sharing. Despite the comical aspects, I can well believe it would've been creepy, and kind of nasty too.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-16)
Hi there SN, and thanks for the smile inducing story. I'm obviously a mom and, well, let's just say that sounds a lot like my house, without the ghost, however!

Let us know if you see anything else weird. And next time, be more assertive about the bathroom. I'm so sorry you had to hold it so long! 😳
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-03-16)
Greetings, SweetNova, and welcome to YGS.

Yes, there are plenty of narratives on this site about spirits duplicating the voices and/or appearances of the living. People may tell you it was a doppelgänger, which is a likely candidate.

However, it sounds to me like it was just a spirit that got a kick out of making you uncomfortable for as long as possible. That would place it within the realm of sentient haunts, but not necessarily anything "evil."

Have you seen this entity since that first time? Has anyone else in your family interacted with apparent duplicates? Was this a one-off event?

Best,
Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: