You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Evil Spirit Encounter As A Young Teenager

Real Ghost Stories

Evil Spirit Encounter As A Young Teenager

 

I am 62 years old. The events below occurred when I was 12 through 13. The were so dramatic and real that I remember them as if they just occurred.

My large family was living in a house that was 103 years old at the time. My father was a violent, abusive, psychotic and daily IV drug addict. I had 2 younger brothers and 2 older brothers. The oldest had moved out.

My bedroom was upstairs and to the right. I tried to be in my room as much as possible to avoid my father's beatings. I read a lot, discovered Tolkien and sci-fi. I had an aquarium, chemistry set and microscope. Probably rather like young Sheldon.

Anyway, paranormal things started happening right away. I never saw a ghost or spirit but I felt its evil presence. Sometimes I would get up to leave its presence and other times I would just get up to leave the room for school, etc... I would be stopped in my tracks! I literally could not take a step forward. I never felt hands grabbing me and holding me back or standing in front of me pushing me back. What I encountered was like a force field. You could not push against it like a wall and feel it. It was exactly like the sensation of trying to push 2 magnets together. Just no way to progress against it. Instantly it would fill me with such dread and such a strong feeling of absolute evil that it terrified me. This would sometimes last a few seconds and sometimes a few minutes.

Onetime after getting released by it I started walking down the stairs. About halfway down it floated me down the rest of the stairs and set me down gently. I was shook by that. It was a school day and cereal, bowls and milk were set out on the near end of our long table. I went to reach for a bowl and it scooted 2 feet away from me! I tried again and it did it again. I finally made my cereal. That was the only time that anything manifested outside of my room.

Within a block of my house on the same side of the street were 3 funeral homes. I have wondered if that was the cause of the problem. Whatever it was was palpably evil; like demonic (whether a religious person or not) strong, negative, hating evil. I was so glad to move away from that house.

My youngest brother told me that when he was 10 and home sick alone that a 7 foot lizard-man that felt evil manifested in his room. He had waited 50 years to tell me his story for fear of not being believed. I believe him. He is the type that would rather die than tell a lie. I have seen few accounts of this force field type sensation on the popular paranormal shows and give most credence to those stories.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Elessarfl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dazram (16 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-06-04)
I'm so sorry that you had to go through this as a child. I had to put up with similar issues like you did as a little boy, (except the paranormal things). Your story brought up a lot of bad memories that I didn't realise would effect me like they did. But thanks for posting your story I did like reading it. Best of luck in the future and may you be blessed. Take care. From Darren.
wednesdayS (4 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-06-03)
I truly enjoyed reading your story. I can tell it pains you to discuss it, and I'm sorry for your experiences in that house.

I really get angry when little kids get "picked on" by these things. I am also somewhat in awe of your experience.

Thanks again for sharing. All my very best to you today and always!
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-31)
Greetings, Elessarfl, and welcome to YGS.

My first question for you is simply for background data: was your father a war veteran? Like many of the prior commentators, I suspect his use of intravenous drugs drew negative/demonic energy to your home. People do not wake up one morning and decide to be horrible people; either your father couldn't live with the knowledge of some action/consequence in his past, or he couldn't bear the strain of his life in the present. I'm not trying to be judgmental here; I'm looking for a greater context for your experiences.

Having the three funeral homes on your street would also be a draw for people's sorrow, frustration, even anger, on a regular basis; your father's drug usage may have attracted a disproportionate quantity of negative energy against that environment. I'll admit that I didn't used to think that funeral homes were haunted, as the spirits of the deceased would have departed before the body arrived for embalming, etc.; however, reading several YGS narratives by staff at funeral homes has changed my mind on this point. There are hundreds of people per month entering those facilities with sorrow and pain which can attract & feed negative energies/spirits. Once there, they may have been drawn to your home, because I agree with Lealeigh's assessment of drug use: "All methods are damaging and negative but it is my opinion that needle use is the 'darkest' negativity."

As Alina pointed out, I also felt that your being lifted down the stairs & placed gently at the bottom was not in keeping with a negative entity's actions. Instead of shoving you down the stairs, it was deliberate and careful in its treatment of you. I know, from personal experience, that this behavior can be easily mis-read as threatening (https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=23606). I spent years believing that two separate behaviors by spirits in my home were by a single entity until one of our mods, Val, suggested it was two separate phenomena.

I've never run into a force-field strong enough to stop me, though I've felt some that have made me decide that I should go in a different direction. Your getting "paused" in the middle of your room must have been terrifying as a young teen.

Thanks for sharing your account with us; as you can see, you've provoked a lot of thought and discussion.

Best,
Biblio.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-30)
Hello Elessarfl,

These events are quite disturbing for the observation of a young teenage boy or even a pre-teen especially the one of the "lizard man".

The previous posters have striked an interesting point of relating these potentially evil entities to your dad's actions. I do agree that any negative influence can drag the attention of the other. Probably the evil, if any is manifested due to the actions of your dad creating an atmosphere of constant dilemma and other such negative emotional tendencies.

However, I somehow feel that the entity which seemed to have caused the tension is not a single one but rather multiple.
The one freezing you at your spot and the one escalating you down the stairs were opposed in actions. Along with that lizard man spirit witnessed by your brother.

I wonder whether your house serves as a portal for any of the spirits?
Due to the deeds of your abusive father attracting these entities.

Even though the specific reason behind this is under doubt, I am glad you're in a much peaceful place than you were then.

Wish you and your family all God's blessings!

Peace
Caz (342 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-05-30)
Hi Elessarfl and welcome to YGS!
I'm sorry to hear you suffered at the hands of such an abusive father and having read your story, it did cross my mind that perhaps the force that held you back from leaving your room was in fact trying to protect you. Are you quite certain this force was evil? I say this because it just seemed odd that you were floated down the stairs and left gently at the bottom. It could be two different entities of course.
I also want to say that I too believe your brother saw a 'lizard man', more commonly known as a 'reptilian'. These are a race of demons who feed on the negative energy of the human race, such as fear, depression, pain etc. Anything negative. It seems likely it could well have been attracted by your father. I think that's far more likely the cause, rather than the funeral homes. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I wish you and your family peace and love!
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-30)
Hello Elessar and welcome to YGS,

I discovered the writings of Tolkien as a young teenager. I also grew up in the same kind of house.

I am always sorry to hear or read about another person who had to grow up around people who illegally use needles to do drugs. All methods are damaging and negative but it is my opinion that needle use is the "darkest" negativity. It is like desperation.

I am not sure if the funeral homes have anything to do with the activity at your house. I think that it was attracted to your father. Or created by his negativity. There is probably a lot that your father could say about sensing negative energy himself - if he is still alive and if he would admit to it.

I think that, when you grew up and moved on, you probably left the orbit of a lot of disturbing negativity.

- Maria
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-30)
This is indeed a very scary story! I do not think it had anything to do with the cemeteries. Rather, I feel that there may have been a link between your Father's abusive and self-destructive behavior and the presence of this evil force. Did your family ever break up?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: