You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Hobby Shop Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Old Hobby Shop Ghost

 

I'm in the military stationed on the NCTAMS PAC Communications base in Wahiawa Hawaii. I work for base police and one morning at about 0540 the base was completely quiet and pitch black. I decided to park over by the old hobby shop facing the base Fire Department.

I was parked just hanging out listening to the radio when I saw the image of an older asian man walking around the grass area by the hobby shop. I didn't think anything was unusual; maybe the employee's arrived early that day. Then about five minutes later I saw the old man again and I was going to make contact with him but when I took out my flashlight to walk towards him he was gone!

I was a little shook up when I got back into my vehicle then my police unit suddenly shut off, but the key didn't turn back! I had no idea what to think I was stunned then my unit started to rock back and forth like if someone was jumping on my bumper, I got out and had my pistol ready but there was no one there. Just then my car turned back on by itself.

I was scared to death and rushed back to the police station with my emergency lights on. When I got there I explained to my supervisor what had happened, from now on I don't leave the station until after the sun comes up.

I've been a Military Police Officer for 6 years and have seen and dealt with a lot of bad situations, but nothing ever scared me like this.

Other hauntings by tito412

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tito412, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
I give a lot of credence to stories like this because they come from people who are "unlikely" observers of such phenomenon - in this case, a hardened military person.

An added bit of intrigue was that this didn't sound like a residual haunting... The Asian man was clearly pissed and was interracting physically with the vehicle to rattle this officer. I wouldn't have wanted to be in his place.
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear tito412,

That was a scary story indeed. I never knew a seasoned officer could be shocked or afraid. But everyone always has a fear in life and the scariest thing is knowing you are being threatened but you can't do anything about it.

So far this is one of the most credible stories I have heard, since these occurences are not really rare and the fact that some ghosts are quite strong willed and powerful although they may look old and frail.

Thank you for posting and sharing your story. God bless you and deus vobiscum.

Sincerely,

Francois
clamgirl1234 (9 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
wow! Its really nice tito I hope you write like this stories more and more
by
clamgirl1234 😊 😁
ghostluver1523 (22 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-25)
I think this story is weird and would scare the crap out of me if I was there thanxs for the story though
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-17)
tito that had to be one heck of an eyeopener for sure! I know when around electrical equipment and such, people can experience weird physical happenings such headaches,dizziness,nausea and sometimes even paranoia but I don't think that was the case for you. Sounds like you had a full blown apparition experience. Feeling like someone is jumping on the bumper and your car turning off and on by itself seems to prove this point as well. I know it had to be harrowing but you might be sensitive or just in the right place at the right time when the conditions were just right to be a witness to this paranormal event. Great story and well told.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-17)
Hello tito,
I am just wondering something here, if you do not mind. Here you are, on one of the most historically tragic islands in OUR history, based there for an unknown amount of time...
Is this the ONLY, the FIRST, or the MOST active materialization that you experienced?
I find it very interesting, that beginning on the morning of December 17, 1941, the relocation of the radio station from the Lualualei Transmitter Site to the site at Wahiawa began. I also find it interesting, that just days before, on the 10th of December the initial tower was under attack, as the bombers were on their way to Pearl Harbour. When the initial site was bombed, I would think it pretty safe to assume that there were casualties.
All along the shoreline, I would imagine (as MANY people died painfully, and in a myriad of locations) would be a colorful experience in the paranormal.
I can not express to you what I would give for the chance to stand on that shore and just take it all in. How truly magnificent.
Thank you. It is not often that our law enforcement officials will admit to experiencing something that is as astounding as what it is that you have. Tracking down who this visitor was would be quite the challenge.
Thank you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-17)
Hi tito412. WOW! Seeing an apparition is freaky enough but to have your car turn off by itself and then start rocking back and forth is down right scary as hell! Have you ever experienced anything paranormal before this happened or after? Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
tito412,
Wow! What a fascinating and frightening experience! It would certainly have been enough to see the apparition and have it disappear, but then to experience the issues with your car, phew! That had to have been truly terrifing!

I have read that there are many traditions and sacred areas of Hawaii, it sounds as if this place is farely close to one of the sacred areas.

Thank you for sharing a trult fascinating encounter with us!

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
Hi tito. Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a perfect history to cause a spirit or two to be wandering around. I enjoy the histories that go along with places as exotic (to me) as this. It makes it even more interesting.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
Wow this was a very interesting story. I have to say when a soldier does get frighten then this realy must have been scary. Thanks for sharring this story with us. Has anyone of friends see or feel anything wierd? Maybe your not the only one who went through this. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
Tito, sweet story my friend.

I just have a few questions... Were you a skeptic before this experience happened to you? And have you had any similar experiences since then?
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Awesome-O! I love accounts from people you should be able to trust outright. I loved this story and it's credibility.
Thanks, Tito!
tito412 (3 stories) (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Hey everyone,
Thanks for all the comments. Just to clarify for "rhodes68", as I approached the area where I saw the old man, I did lose sight of him but I figued id run into him since he probably wasn't faster than me.

As for the history of the base, the onlything that we know for sure is that the area used to be owned by castle and cook, and the old Dole pineappple plantation is right next door, so I'm sure there were many japanese, filipino and chinese that used to work these fields.

not to mention the sacred birthing stones are down the road.!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Hi tito. What an experience that was. That would shake you up all right! What did your supervisor say about it? Did you ever hear anything about the history of the area or investigate at all? I enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing it.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Hi tito412 and thanks for the story; I enjoyed it very much.

Did you mean that as you were approaching him, he vanished into thin air? Did you lose eye contact with him at all?

Hmm, creepy! No wonder why you were terrified. I suppose no matter how much we experience during our life-time, we can't really be prepared for something like this.

Hope to have you back with another story... Although that doesn't mean I hope that you will experience more 😊
Warblaze (6 stories) (21 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Ive been in the Marine Corps for 2 years and I really wish I would have something strange happen to me. Our instalations are rich with history that is over 230 years old, it kind of makes me sad that since I have been in I have had nothing out of the ordinary happen to me = (
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Here we have a military police officer who probably experienced a lot of intense stuff in his life but his encounter with a ghost was the scariest. I like that!

That does add a lot of credibility to his paranormal experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: