You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: George's Home

Real Ghost Stories

George's Home

 

It's been more than 10 years since I stayed at the cottage in England. Me and my family went on holiday down in England to visit a theme park called Alton Towers, we rented a cottage out for the weekend, I think it was in a place called Leith. There were over 10 of us staying here including my dog.

When we first got to the cottage, we got a tour of it, then the owner left. There was a guest book for people to write comments about what they thought of their stay at the cottage, we had a look and a lot of the guests said they experienced strange things happening and that there was a ghost called George. We did not think anything of it, we thought it was just a joke for the guests.

The first night my parents and my uncle were out at the cinema leaving me, my auntie and my brother. My brother and I were asleep when they came back. When they came in the house they could see my Auntie was very scared, she told them she heard people running down the halls, at first she thought it was my brother and I but she checked and we were fast asleep.

As she was telling them what happened they heard a big bang upstairs and thought one of us had just falling out of bed, my dad checked on us but we were still fast asleep, all of a sudden all the doors upstairs started banging, my dad ran down stairs but had to go back for us.

The next day we thought nothing of it, and headed to the theme park.

When we got back were all out in the garden, and my dad was in one of the rooms in the house and saw one of the doors opening and said "Who's there" no one answered so my dad started shouting "Come on then George show yourself" After the door just started banging!

Some other things happened to such as carpets being flipped over when we woke up and TV's going on, on their own.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, haslam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AkatsukiDeidara101 (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Ok, now THAT was a scary story! When I finished reading it, I ran down stairs and stayed there for like an hour! I hope you made it alive out of there. BOOYA! DAMAGED!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Hello haslam,
LOVE the idea of the guest book. I wonder why more of these type places do not do that? I am also trying to figure out, with doors banging and someone running around, carpets being flipped and the telly turning itself on, how could a few adults who were on edge the night before could have a complete turn around and be completely complacent the following day? I would have tried my best not to allow the children to see how uncomfortable I was, but I would think that would have been easy to see through. Hmmm 😕
Thank you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
I have to say that I believe you and it sounds like a pretty creepy place to spend a vacation. However, I do have a couple of questions. It's difficult to believe that the owner left comments in a book from other guests speaking about strange happenings in the cottage. Only because you would think that a lot of people wouldn't want to stay there and the owner would lose business. I am also wondering, like Ohio and FRAWIN, why would your Dad be so freaked out he bolted downstairs, went back up to get you and your brother and then think nothing of it the next day as you stroll out the door to the theme park? If you could possibly answer these questions for me so I understand better. Thanks!

SHELBY ❤ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hmmmmmm... I guess I'll have to agree with my friend from the great state of Ohio. One door bangs shrugged off maybe but all doors banging isn't something you shrug off-sorry. Thanks for sharing your story 😊.

FRAWIN 🤔
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
...so let me get this straight, the doors banging scared your dad enough that he bolted downstairs, but mustered the courage to go back and retrieve you. So your father pulls you out of bed in the middle of the night because of doors banging on their own, which terrifies your own father, and the next day you "think nothing of it?" And all this after your Auntie was scared because she heard people running around the house while she was alone?

Hmmmm, I'm a little skeptical about this one, but I bet you can explain it better and make me believe.

Thanks for sharing, friend. 😁
haslam (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Thanks for your comments!
I did try looking online to see if I could find any information about the cottage, but I had no luck, and I just found out that the cottage was in a place called Leek not Leith.
I have a picture of the house, I will post it soon.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hi haslam. You went on vacation for the excitement on the theme park and got more than you bargained for! Have you done any investigating of the cottage since your stay there? I'd be pretty curious about the history of the house and how George was involved. Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed it.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
It certainly sounds as if this is 'Georges' home. It is possible he simply likes to make visitors aware that he is there and there he intends to stay. He probably has an attachement to the place.

Thank you for sharing!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: