You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Phone Call Voices

Real Ghost Stories

Phone Call Voices

 

I would like to begin by saying that while everything that I heard and happened to me has taken place in Mississippi, my best friend is at the center of the story too, and he lives in Colorado. I'm choosing to name the location as MS because the story is coming from me.

This friend of mine--we'll call him Mitch--was going through an interest in mediumship. He was interested in a meditative practice where he called on souls of the dead to "meditate" with him, give him information, etc. The first night that he did it, he was sure to use protective measures.

The second night, he said that he slipped up and completely forgot to call on only "spirits of the highest good," and simply invited in spirits. Mitch told me that while things started off normally, he started realizing that he was getting angrier and angrier. At one point he became distracted and kept thinking about how all men are terrible and need to be "taught a lesson." At some point he realized that the anger was foreign, closed the session, and commanded the spirits to leave.

But for about a week after that, there were a number of times where he and I seemed to have "interrupted" phone calls. I might have said that it was normal, that our call was picking up on frequency or other calls or something like that, but every time either of us heard the voice, it was "intelligent"--I mean to say, in each case it was responding to what we were saying, or otherwise noting that it knew who we were.

I was the first one to hear it. I was outside and we were talking on the phone. We were laughing at something or another when I heard, quite clearly, a third person laughing that sounded female. At first I thought it was my voice echoing, because sometimes that happens, but it wasn't happening before or after that exact moment.

A few days after that, we were talking on the phone again and Mitch was trying to tell me something, but I got distracted by my little dog. I heard him say, "How do you know? I didn't tell you."

"What? I'm confused."

"I was telling you that I listened to affirmations while I slept and you said 'I know'."

"No, I didn't."

"You didn't say 'I know'?"

"No..."

A few days after that it spoke to him again, saying "yes" after he asked something or another.

The final time he heard it, we were talking about various Gods and Goddesses. He had asked me something about Greco-Roman deities. I was explaining when he interrupted and asked me if I had said something about Morgana, who is sometimes viewed as a Celtic Goddess.

I was uncomfortable with how the spirit seemed to be "watching" him and asked him to ask the angels to remove the spirit if it was malevolent.

He did. It was about thirty minutes later when I finally heard the voice again, except this time it was more like a man's that whispered "Bran-di..." I asked Mitch if he whispered my name, and when he said no I decided to try to "banish" it as well. Neither of us have heard anything like that over the phone since.

Other hauntings by DeliverDawn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DeliverDawn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-05-09)
Hello DeliverDawn,

I hope you are faring well, in these extraordinary times.

If you are like us in Australia and having to curb your natural social tendencies, I imagine that it would be annoyingly freaky to have one of your primary means of communications interrupted by something unexplained.

In trying to figure out what might have happened to you and Mitch, I have a couple of questions that you should be able to answer.

Were you guys ringing each other on mobile phones or land lines?

In any of these situations, did you both hear the "third party" at the same time and did "it" respond to both of you?

Whether you answer these questions and post on YGS, or not is up to you.

From my experience in tracking down faults in telecommunication systems, I can tell you that land lines are relatively easy to tap into, compared to mobile communications which are digitally encrypted. Of course, crossed lines, party lines, etc, do sometimes occur in both forms of communication.

The second question is more about what was this "third party's" motive? From your account, "it" seems to have taken an individual focus on either you or Mitch but did not reveal itself to both of you at the same time. I get the impression that "it" was a mischief maker with you two in its sights.

If this is the case, my sentiments are similar to the other posters - glad you guys have banished this entity, and of course, being Rex-T, I also like RCRuskin's Jurassic Park quote.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-08)
I don't know what to say. I have heard ghostly voices on the phone, but they were whispers. The whispers were in full sentences and completely understandable, but did not react to the listeners. I don't know if you picked up a spirit through your contact attempts, but I am glad that you have seemed to banish it.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-05-07)
Greetings, DeliverDawn:

I'm willing to bet that it was the last time Mitch "forgot to call on only 'spirits of the highest good.'"

I know that there are multiple devices using different frequencies that would account for random static, echoes, feedback, or conversations, and that it is possible to use some of these devices to eavesdrop on phone calls (however unintentionally). I've not heard of cellphones or cordless phones being used to interrupt or to join an in-progress conversation.

Obviously, this would be better handled by another member with greater knowledge than I in the field of electronics & radio waves. However, it does seem to me that your conversation was being monitored by a sentient entity making itself known through the amplification of electronic static background, much like a "spirit box." This would suggest that the entity wasn't only sentient but also intelligent enough to interact with both of you and to learn your names, etc.

The idea that it called out to you *after* Mitch had asked angels to banish the negative presence would also suggest that it was trying to latch on to your end of the conversation to avoid complete banishment. *That* is the part of your story that frightens me.

Best,
Biblio.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-05-07)
Scary!

And while I do not mean this as a condemnation or criticism, my first impression on reading this event is best summed up by this quote from Jurassic Park (the first one in 1993):

Ian Malcolm: Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

Be careful when reaching out...
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-06)
Hello DeliverDawn,

Quite an intriguing story! There are a lot of accounts where I learnt that spiritual mediums should be closed properly else you're opening the door to the other world temporarily, where you provide the attorney to the spirits to enter your realm of space.

I am certainly curious regarding how you banished these entities?

"I was uncomfortable with how the spirit seemed to be "watching" him. So I ask him to ask the angels to remove the spirit if its malevolent"

Was your friend able to communicate with some angels?

Wow! That's fascinating.

How many different creatures was he able to contact?

I'm glad you and your friend are no longer facing the same situation.

Thanks for sharing.

Peace
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-06)
Wow... Chills down the spine here. There is something about distinct voices that are even more eerie to me than something seen that shouldn't be there. If it were back when I was young a hundred years ago, it would likely have been what we called a 'party line' where phone wires got crossed or something. But this... I wish I had an idea of who or what it was. There are a lot of people here who are well-versed in this kind of thing, and I hope they can come up with possible explanations, because I am massively curious. Thanks so much for sharing this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: