You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: An Oppressive Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

An Oppressive Encounter

 

It was the middle of the day on a saturday last summer, and for some odd reason I started feeling very tired, like I should take a nap. Odd, since I don't usually ever take naps, being that I'm a energetic teenager. So, anyway I lay down on the couch, and before I know it I'm drifting off, then all the sudden I feel a very evil presence around me, like an impending doom, something was not right.

I am suddenly paralyzed, and cannot move. I look around and everything looks the same in the house except it's all dark and eerie and I see an evil entity standing before me, it straddles on top of me, and presses down on my chest. I try to move, but I can't. I start feeling breathless, suddenly while the entity is on top of me, my eyes close, and I see colors swirling around, and hear the sound of babies crying.

Then, I pray in my head to God to help me, I feel the entity get angrier and leave. I feel an over whelming sense of good come over me. Then all the sudden I fall asleep. And I wake up a few minutes later. When I wake up I feel very tired, drained, freaked out, and I look around the house looking for anyone that could have been on top of me, because I truly felt some one on top of me. I thought maybe some one was really hurting me, while I was hallucinating. I find that my mother is still gone, and I am the only one in the house.

I can't come to grips of why, but this has happened to me, with different entities, etc, about three more times since them. If anyone knows why, please help. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EricaAshley, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JESUSwillWIN (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
Hi EricaAshley!

"They" seem to have many different names from people according to their own personal expereince. Call them whatever you want... They ARE BAD & don't belong in our life! I have a banishing ritual it helped. Sorry, I just think of all the other young girls and boys (the next generation) who are going to have to suffer through the same thing. That's why I hate them!
P.S. I'm happy you posted your story. 😁 Have a great day!
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
I would be very interested in hearing about the other three times this sort of thing has happen to you. If you would like to share that with us.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
I have sometimes posted a comment to stories I have read, especially when I read a few and then go back to make a comment. And I have commented on the wrong one. I think maybe whitebufflo may of done this as well. And I feel perhaps others have done this too.
But this entity I think was evil and the sleep paralysis happens to many people in many different ways.
You state this has happen with three or more entities, have they all been doing the same thing to you? Or doing other things besides pinning you down and on top of you?
EricaAshley (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Uhm, no. I am sorry. I do not want you to stay off my page. You are very welcome here, and I'd like to talk with you. It's just I was getting a little bi/tchy not your fault at all. Honestly. Sorry. I feel so terrible now. :(
Kat (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Jesus will win?
Your blogspot just seems like s space of opportunity to preach for you! You seem a dab hand with Photoshop too, very unconvincing. Whos your model?
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
There is no reasons to get upset, she was just giving options if there was more that you were just scared to write. It sounds like it was the sleep paralysis though. There is another story on here that has lots of the symptomes. There are lots of them.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
No, no, I know we had cleared up that misunderstanding. It was ALL in how I READ the comment, I was speaking in general, as both of the types of occurrences seem to be similar. It just sounded as if JESUSwillWIN may have had a different take on things. I am NOT putting any of this into question. I was ONLY trying to see if there was any connection between the two types of entities.
Once again, I apologize and will remain off your page.
My sincere apologise.
Autumn
EricaAshley (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
Jesus will win, when you say "they" are you speaking of ghosts attacking you or evil entities or sleep paralysis? I am sort of lost... 😕
EricaAshley (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-28)
Look, I already clarified it took so much energy from me and I was sort of forced back to sleep. I maybe wrote it in a different manner at first, but in all honestly it was more of a force back to sleep. And yes It was an evil entity not the old hag for THIS one. But, I have had sleep paralysis with the old hag. I am not sure if this time it was sleep paralysis though, bc the old hag was not present, and this entity seemed different. Any more questions?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Hello again,
I was just reading through JESUSwillWIN's comment, and I was wondering something.
Is there more to this story that what it is that you have posted? Was there more of an experience that you may have omitted thinking that it was not important?
The reason I ask is that if you look through the stories on here about Sleep paralysis, you will see that there are MANY other people who have had very similar experiences. Then if you were to look through the stories on here about incubus and succubus you would see some other similarities... But the ENTITY takes it to a further level.
Please do NOT think that no one believes you. This is not the case. My comment may have seemed rude to you, EricaAshley, and for that I truly apologize. I implore you to try to understand that I was not there with you when you had this experience. If you could step a bit "out of the experience" and read the story and the comment as I may have, you could see where I would wonder how it was possible.
If it happened the way that JESUSwillWIN suggests ("They force your eyes to close and your sleeping in a matter of seconds...") THAT has a different feel to it than "I ended up closing my eyes and drifting back off into sleep..."
ONE of the descriptions relays the feeling that it was kind of like "Huh, weird..." and that no second thought was even given to the matter. The OTHER description is more of an "I had no CONTROL over the matter" feel to it.
Your true experience DOES matter and your feelings about it DO have import.
I am not exactly sure if this comment was made for Erica's benefit (as I thought we had cleared up the misunderstanding, and that it was all in the way I had read it) or someone else's, but I felt it needed to be made.
No hard feelings any/everyone? None was intended.
Thank you.
JESUSwillWIN (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
To see pictures of the shadows go to: www.ghostslayergal.blogspot.com
JESUSwillWIN (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
We'll never know why? Doesn't matter, what ever it is...it's wrong! Finally! Someone else has the courage to say what happens after... That you end up feeling really sick. It's true! They force your eyes to close and your sleeping in a matter of seconds. Just to piss them off, I get up like nothing ever happened and force myself to have an even happier day and think about how many people love me and happy it will be to meet a "real" man or my prince charming...etc. I just fill myself up with happy thoughts... REGARDLESS of what they say or do to me! It's my way of getting back, getting better and moving on. Or I'd go crazy and coulnd't function.
No one believes us no matter what we say anyways. Just remember when in the end "JESUS WILL WIN".

Angelorbs [at] yahoo.com

BE STRONG! PRAY! YOUR DESERVE BETTER DAYS AHEAD!
sammie (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
i would have to agree with everyone els it was probally sleep paralysis.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
Thank you for the clarification on what it was that, apparently, I read wrong.
When you wrote in the story "I start feeling breathless, suddenly while the entity is on top of me, my eyes close, and I see colors swirling around, and hear the sound of babies crying... Then, I pray in my head to God to help me, I feel the entity get angrier and leave. I feel an over whelming sense of good come over me. Then all the sudden I fall asleep. And I wake up a few minutes later..." That is when Sleep paralysis came to mind, just as in every other comment on this story.
However, when (in your comment to the other posters) you then went on to state "with evil eyes staring into my soul, I ended up closing my eyes and drifting back off into sleep though..." you threw me. I took it to mean that you actually "drifted off into sleep", and not simply passed out from the fear.
Sorry, dear, I misread your words.
Thank you.
EricaAshley (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
I was forced back to sleep. It was taking soo much energy from me, and I was soo scared, I was basically forced into sleep. I kind of like passed out. Then like I said was forced back to sleep after my eyes shut and I saw the colors swirling around and heard the babies crying. Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Wait a minute.
You JUST said in a comment that you saw it's "evil eyes staring into my soul, I ended up closing my eyes and drifting back off into sleep though..."
How the...
I was there, all the way up until that comment. I do not see how a person can be lying in bed, have a feeling that it is practically being smothered by an entity, look UP into it's evil... And drift back to sleep. How is that possible? You are way more a woman than I will ever be to be able to drift off to sleep staring down evil, that close.

As for the story, it is a textbook example of sleep paralysis. All kinds of senses come into play when in the throws of SP.
The Great Spirit has your hand, dear to be so calm in the face (literally) of such danger.
Thank you for the story and the comments.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
This sounds like a classic case of sleep paralysis.

I am not making light of the situation you encountered, on the contrary, SP is horrifying and completely involuntary.

Thanks for the story!
God Bless!
Kiptere (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
I guess it is a good thing that the evil entit was a Christian. Your prayers made it go away.
EricaAshley (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Yes. I saw it it was all a black ball or energy with evil eyes staring into my soul, I ended up closing my eyes and drifting back off into sleep though. I only saw the entity for a little bit. Then I was forced to close my eyes and saw the colors swirling, etc.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
I had an incident that I have yet to determine was sleep paralysis or not BUT, if I DID have sleep paralysis when my incident happened, then I can say that I was sleeping on my side when it happened. Unlike FRAWIN and Flutterofwings.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
The evil enitiy was it more like a shadow person? Or did it actually look evil or did you just sense it was evil? Did you feel that someone was watching you? Before this took place? I have the sleep paralysis when on my back, when I sleep on my side I am fine. Sometimes when this happens to me, I feel as if someone is in the room with me, watching me.
tMar (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
My husband goes through this (sleep paralysis) at least once a week and its scares my son and me. My husband actually yells as if someone is trying to hurt him, it's very scary. I can always tell when it's about to start, he whimpers then gets louder and louder until he is yelling. It's pure fear in his voice. I have had to wake him up several times fearing what the neighbors would think😉 I try to pay attention to what he does during the evening on the nights of his episodes but I have not been able to determine anything. Take Care...
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Hi EricaAshley. I will have to agree with everyone else that this sounds like sleep paralysis. They say it is caused by various things, stress seems the most likely cause. I suffered with this from my teen years on up until my thirties. The most effective preventive method I've found is to sleep on your side. I noticed (with me) that the only time I would have them is when I was laying on my back. I started sleeping on my side in my thirties and I've not had one since(knock on wood). Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Classic sleep paralysis I would say. I have never had this happen to me but I know people who have. They also may hear their name being called by a deceased loved one. Some tend to think stress causes this to happen on occasion.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Hi EricaAshley. I very much agree with everything that JPing said. I was thinking all of the exact same things as he/she did when I read it. I have nothing else to add.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
The symptoms you describe sound a lot like sleep paralysis. When you sleep, your body releases a chemical that prevents you from moving around in your sleep. Sleep-walking is caused by a lack of this chemical release.

Often people who experience sleep paralysis (myself included) describe being held down and feeling a 'presence' in the room with them. I can't help but notice that you didn't describe this entity so I am inclined to believe that you didn't actually see it, merely felt it. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I can only work with what you give me.

That's just one possible explanation. Another is that you were having a very vivid dream. Then again, yours might be one of the 1% of ghost stories that can't be explained.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: