You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Teenage Ouija Board Use

Real Ghost Stories

Teenage Ouija Board Use

 

I have been wanting to write my experiences for a long time, it is just one of those things that are hard to talk about. But as of lately I have been thinking about it more and more and have even had a few nightmares. I think another reason I haven't shared was because now that I am older and have children of my own, I know that playing with a Ouija board is just asking for trouble. I just wonder if anyone has had similar experiences. So, to start I have to kind of explain a little. Sorry it is long but I had to tell you everything.

When I was a teenager I had 2 best friends (Sharrie and Beth). They were the kind of friends that you did everything with and would do anything for. Sharrie and I were inseparable since I moved back to Nebraska from Texas, and Beth and I had been friends since Kindergarten. We kind of bonded since we had the same name growing up. They were the kind of friends that were just as close as sisters.

The first few times we ever played with the Ouija Board were just kind of fun playful times (or so I thought). Nothing to out of the ordinary, Sharrie had a board that she had in her room that we would use at sleep overs. I never quite figured how they worked, I was young and naive - we would ask it about boys and things. It always amazed that whatever the name was that I had in my head at the time, the board would always spell. It was always like it was reading my mind. Beth was a year older and braver so she would ask crazier question - which I will explain later.

I remember we even asked the name of the person we were talking to, it told us that his name was Yuri. So, one day we were using it at my house, and my dad came home and found it. My father being pretty religious was very upset and said no one would be using one of those at his house and he threw the board in our Oscar (trash can) and that was that. A few weeks went by and he came in the house all mad and yelling that he told me it needed to stay in the trash. Well, it was out of the trash and on the table in the garage. Crazy - I promptly took it back down to Sharrie's and left it there...

The next time and last time that we played with a Ouija board was at a slumber party. Sharrie was at a dance so I went to a party with Beth for one of the girls from her school. Sharrie and I went to the public school in town and Beth went to the Catholic school. So we were playing with the board and all the girls were taking turns playing, I think we were going 2 at a time. So, it was mine and Beth's turn - I will never ever forget this for the rest of my life.

Beth asked (I don't know why - we were just 14 and stupid) the board how and when we were going to die. I told you she was always asking crazier things! So, the thing that I can never forget is that the board told us that we were both going to die young, and Beth went a little bit further and asked how. It said that she was going to die in water. At this time I am freaked out, I hadn't really wanted to play, and Sharrie was there to get us. So we of course told Sharrie all about it and tried to laugh it off.

Fast forward 6 years. Beth and I had both graduated we were still friends, we still had a bond we just didn't talk like we used to. We both had grown up, gotten boyfriends, Beth even had a baby and then got married.

One day in November a girlfriend came over, asked me to sit down. She proceeded to tell me that Beth and her husband had been in a car crash and had hit a patch of black ice and lost control, hitting a truck head on. They were killed instantly, their daughter was in the back seat, and was only saved because of proper positioning of the infant carrier. I remember feeling like I was hit in the stomach and had the wind knocked out of me when I heard this. Afterwards you kind of go in a non reality mode where you don't want to believe something happened. Then the sorrow and anger comes when the loss finally hits you. I can never imagine how their family felt and how they came to grips with a loss like that, 2 young people taken away like that.

Life around us has gone on, but you never forget. I got married, Sharrie was my maid of honor in my wedding, but Beth was there in spirit. We had a candle lit and a rose for her also. So time has past and a few friends and I share memories and that night with the Ouija board comes up. Was it just mere coincidence the Beth died at a young age and on ice (water). So then nightmares started. I wonder about my own mortality. I have realized that I to was told that I will die young. Does this mean 30 or 50? I have children of my own now, will I be taken away like she was?

As of lately I have had a few health scares and have been in the hospital for cancer testing. A small comfort was that Beth's mother was my recovery nurse in the hospital. Scariest 10 days of one's life is waiting for test results. Now I have been diagnosed with a pre cancerous condition, and will have testing done 2-3 a year.

So, now I ask you can a spirit in a Ouija board predict the future, or was it just an evil thing said to 2 young naive teenagers messing around with something they should not have been messing with? I realize this is not the average story written on this web site, but I would love to hear thoughts from all of you who have had more experience with this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nebmom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Malithi_Nethmini (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-11)
Heyyyyy... R u ok now, Nebmom? I hope you are! 😟 😟
ReliquiasVeritae (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
I'm well aware that this is an older story, so you might not even read this, but...

Nothing is ever is set in stone when it comes to the future. Everything can change based on one decision, one second of hesitation, one word. Your friend passed on because it was simply her time to go. Some of us are in it for the long haul. Others are on Earth for a short time.

I'm not really at liberty to say how the Ouija board predicted her death. I've heard from some higher-up spirits that we specifically designate our time of death. It isn't just one date, but many. We may make our exit sooner as opposed to later if our soul feels we've accomplished our mission.

On another note, I haven't really experienced any events like you described in your story. I was once talking with a more advanced spirit that called itself "Echo" through an Ovilus. I asked it about the future and it said "die." I chuckled and shrugged it off, saying we all have to die at some point, to which it responded, "that's true."
elsaro (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-03)
I'm sorry to hear about your friend but you shouldn't let that Ouija Board get to you. You decide your own fate, I think you worrying about your death will be the cause of it in the future. Be careful and when something bad happens don't think "It's the end" because if you don't give up neither will your body.
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-17)
Somhairle - what you posted about her friend 'deserving to die' is down right rude and insensitive, she was young at the time and peolpe including myself (recently) decide to try using one naieve to what could happen.
Nebmom- This was nobodys fault and although the accident seems the prediction the board forsaw I'm sure this was purely an accident and nothing will become of your prediction either ❤ I pray that beth and her husband are at peace and their daughter has a safe and happy future. Thanks for the sharing this and take care 😊
Madainneag (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-24)
Hi Nebmom,
When I was in junior high school I remember some kids played around with a Ouija board, (I was far too chicken to join in). The board told a few of them that they would die a certain death at a specific young age, (I remember one girl in particular was told that she would die in a car crash at age 28). I know that these predictions did not come to pass, so I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like you're taking good care of yourself, and that's the best thing you can do for you and your family.
XxL4L0xX (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
I can't even think about wanting to play with a Ouija board. I'm 18 now and haven't made that choice. I don't know. Maybe its because I'm boring haha. But I am sorry for your loss though... 😢 ❤
Nebmom (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Okay it has been a while since I have been on and just read somhairle's message. How dare you say that my friend deserved to die. That is saying that her daughter deserved to grow up not having a mother! You must be a very sad sad person... 😢
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-17)
Please excuse me, just for a minute, Nebmom.

Rhonda83?
I have no idea if you are still reading here, or even if you will see this comment directed at you, but I am going to give it a try anyway.
Even if you were given an exact date, time and the way you would perish, a Board CAN NOT dictate when it is that you are going to pass on. The only real power that the Board has, is the ability to sway your mind into another way of thinking.
YOU have all the power in the world to "change" a board reading simply by ignoring it, and going forward with your life. These things are NOT written in stone and do NOT have to happen.
Wa-do.
rhonda83 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-16)
I had a similar experience in my teens. I asked that same question now I'm so fearful because that age is coming up in just two yrs, I'm married with 3 children now and so so scared! I been looking for similar experiences where is hasn't come true... So far no luck: (
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
Somharlie, kids do stupid things and make mistakes because they are kids. They do not deserve to die for being naive. If that were the case, you would deserve to die for making that comment.
iamalivingsign (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
Somhairle. That was a very callous thing to say. How can you say such a thing?
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
That's a sad story. I don't think the ouija had anything to do with her death. I wish the best to you.
Somhairle (40 posts)
-3
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
Damn... That girl was a fool to mess with the board and deserved to die. You should never ask or say things like that to a board or outside of it because it will screw you over. One dude messed with my mother and her friends by saying his dad was dead when he wasnt, guess what, some years later the guy got drunk and set his house on fire, killing himself and his dad, I can't remember exactly but I think he killed his brother also. This is why you should not mess around with things like this. 😨
Thedreamer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
i am sorry for the loss. Ouija boreds are no toy. I pray you and your family will be ok.

❤Selinda ❤
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
Interesting story, I say... So, just keep praying and go to church on SUNDAYS...
Shestoscary (14 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Ouija's, once again, are fake. Research it. Unless you have NO hands on it, it's fake. Ouija's are MENT to scare you, that's the point of the game. It's not that I don't Belive in ghosts, I have one.
Nightshade (40 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
I think I got a demon after playing with my 12. 00 dollar ouija board. I always feel like I'm being followed, it's really freaky! It's sexually harrasing me every night, and when my boyfriend Matt comes in, it stops. Damn, I'm really scared every night! It's just bull crap, I mean a demon is haunting me and is not stopping! I'm just scared shiatless as it is. Any ideas?

Help!

Yours Truly,
Nightshade ❤ ❤ ❤
Nightshade (40 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
I once played with a ouija board when I was 11. I'm now 14, and I have type 1 diabetese. I've been trying to phone the ambulance because it keeps stinging on my legs, but even worse, I got examined, and it said if they don't find a cure, then I'll soon have type 2 diabetes. I'm sorry for you losing your friend, and of you getting diagnosed with cancer. But I asked how I would die, and it said I would at an old age, of diabetes. I'm scared. Is that really going to happen, or is it just a myth?
cursed_angel (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-20)
dear nebmom
i don't know about you guys but my mom has always told me spirts have the power to tell the future but they cannot lie don't know about demons though
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-20)
Mere spirit's can't tell you when you die. But... Demon's possibly can. I think you cought a demon. It could of just been a coincidence. Or the thing coulda' caused her death. Or maybe it just knew. Who know's...

~Gejro
HaleyScott (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
damn that pretty scary, I know undertsand to never mess with ouija boards.
_Cute_Outsider_ (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
Dear Nebmom,

I have had strange experiences, too! After my friend and I were done using my Ouija board, my friend swore that she felt two taps on her shoulder. She swore but I don't believe it. I mean, my house is 10 or 9 years old! But, using a Ouija might attract spirits... Or even demons. Also, I would love to have you post a comment in my profile. Thanks! 😊

~~ _Cute_Outsider_
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Dear Nebmom,

I think Ohiowatcha is correct, it was just an imposter spirit spouting out garbage. The spirits you think you contact on a ouija board aren't usually the ones who are actually there. I think the ice/water connection is rather dubious (there are more obvious connections than ice/water) and you are attributing this spirit with visionary powers way beyond any that a ouija board imposter spirit would ever have. I know of many people who have been told things were going to happen on a ouija board and they've never happen. Like naughty people, some naughty spirits just want power, even if there is no qualification to have it except the fact that it feels good for their (fabricated) words to hold such a sway over others. I sincerely hope your pre-cancerous tumors get better, and I wish you all the health in the world, and a positive outlook from now on.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
My old friend Matt asked the Quija when and how he would die. It told him 38 I think and of a bad heart. I hated that he asked that... My husband cursed me to a Quija board ~ to the XXX spirit of the board ~ it's the only "spirit" that would talk with him for some reason... Hope all goes well with you!
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
Dear Nebmom, You truly are a wonderful Author. Thank you for sharing the story. I am certainly glad your dad trashed the ouija board, not burn it. I was worried there. I'm sorry to say that the advice I give you only includes loving your children now while you can and being safe. Go to church, ask god for forgiveness. Take care,
-Kirby
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
Dear NebMom. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Your story started out with me smiling, then when the questions came up, I got a bit worried, and at the end I felt quite sad. I hope you post more stories if you get the chance. Thanks for sharing.

Take care, and good luck always.
-Shenny.
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Nebmom, WOW that story was crinching! I don't think I would want to ask a question like that, but I can understand being young what dumb things we do. My prayers are with you. In my opinion, wow I'm acctually stomped for words. Now I know why my grandmother was strongly against ouija boards. She had one also, that told her true things and when she went to throw it away it came back! It's wild that we are all infactuated with KNOWING the future. Just keep your faith my friend, God has supernatural powers beyond earth. And I hope the cancer thing goes away in due time. We all are going to die at some point in time just ask for the relief of not thinking about it. My mom died at the tender age of 29. You just need to keep in mind to tell those you love that you love them more often, and don't sweat the small stuff. I look forward to your stories, God bless you nebmom. ❤ Sandy
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Nebmom, Excuse me for using your site here for a moment, but I must take issue with belindajones... As the regulars on this site know, I rarely do this, but...

If there is a way to 'lock out ' the evil entities in the board, why is this not common knowledge? Why is this not posted for all who believe in paranormal?
2nd, my advice did not come from being naive, it came from experience and I certainly take acception to your terms here.
3rd, after the first time anything told me that my husband was cheating on me and it had been confirmed, that would have been enough, not 7 times.
In the future, please be careful how you use the term 'naive' and 'not informed'.You may be standing in a glass house throwing these words out, so to speak.

Nebmom,
again, I apologize. I had to get that out. When I hear these types of comments, it kinda' gets my back up, for lack of a better phrase.

Welcome fellow Nebraskan to the site

God Bless! 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
I would also like to know, belendajones, how it is that you can filter through the spirits of the board and only come through with the benign ones for communication? How is it that you can KNOW at the on start of a communication that they are who they profess to be? That would be a great learning tool, if you could teach us all that.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Hi Nebmom.
What a loaded question.
I do believe that we can communicate with spirits using any number of communication boards. I DO NOT think they can tell our future.
I do believe that there is a certain amount of predestined events in store for each and every life. But I believe that before I started THIS life, with the help of the Elders, I chose the path that this one will take me.
I may not have chosen the way, time, and the age in which I will pass on, but I DID choose the path that I am on now. I made the choices that have caused me to be right here, and I made the decisions, right or wrong, that keep me here.
That is not to say that I do not believe in a Higher Power. I do. My life is in His hands. Whenever it is that He decides that I must go Home, I will go. I CAN NOT question that, to do so would be to put His power in question.
A very wise man once said that there really is no such thing as time. There is a circle of reality that just keeps spinning. There is no beginning, and there is no end. When thinking on the spiritual sense of the word, a lifetime for us is but a second in the spirit world. So for a spirit to say that we would die young...
What is young? Five years, or a thousand? We may never know.
Thank you.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: